Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

AcidCat posted:

Absolutely, hard to find a green tea that isn't oversweetened. I haven't seen these at my local Costco but I'll keep an eye out, buying them at Fred Meyer for two bucks a pop isn't very cost efficient.

If you wanted to save some space, you could always buy their powdered stuff and just make some when you want.
https://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Green-Macha-blend-Japan/dp/B000KTB59Q

Alternatively, cold brew green tea(or whatever tea floats your boat) at home. It's 5-10 g of dried tea for every liter of water. Though with green tea I usually go 10g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My Costco sells giant boxes of Ito En tea bags. Couple of those cold brewed in a jug of water in the fridge is just like the bottled kind but much cheaper.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like yellow mustard bitch :colbert:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yellow mustard is good on a soft pretzel. It has no other uses.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

And on cheap sardines I get from the local grocery store for $1 a can.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Barry posted:

Incorrect. There is a time and a place for regular yellow mustard.

The time is always

And the place is the trash

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well it's either yellow mustard or miracle whip on your post funeral white bread and baloney sandwich in the church basement, so choose wisely.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Grand Fromage posted:

Chicago Dog
Maxwell Polish
Classic Smashburger
Mustard Potato Salad
Egg Salad/Deviled Eggs

That's about it, just about anything else is better with brown/dijon/stoneground.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Barry posted:

Ito En is the best green tea, I love it.

Incorrect. There is a time and a place for regular yellow mustard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6v5WnKRqt0

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I like a little in my sloppy joes with ketchup.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a standard accompaniment to korean naengmyeon

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Honey mustard is good on a soft pretzel. It has no other uses, except chicken tendies when I’m drunk.

FTFY

But for real, yellow mustard is a good ingredient and a terrible condiment.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

i like yellow mustard bitch :colbert:
This, but also not all yellow mustards are equal. Costco's yellow mustard is similar (if not repackaged from) Heinz. It tastes different from French's.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bibliotechno Music posted:

But for real, yellow mustard is a good ingredient and a terrible condiment.

Agreed. I like using yellow mustard in poo poo but don't like eating in plain on a hot dog or something.

My mom used to make this cauliflower with a mustard sauce on it and it was excellent. I should get that recipe from her. She's Irish so it's amazing when she makes something good that isn't just boiled.

edit: her lasagna is also really good

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 4, 2021

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Kirkland Signature Irish Lasagna

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Kirkland Signature Irish Lasagna

Also knows as scalloped potatoes.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Stopped by Costco today since I was in the area, no onion dispenser, but Grillo's pickle chips were 2 bucks off, down to 3.99 a container.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
We are allegedly getting a Costco in our city and I am here to post about it. Should I get hyped? Are the hotdogs and pizza legit? Will they stock toilet paper?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Costco had samples again. Nature is healing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Not An Arsonist posted:

We are allegedly getting a Costco in our city and I am here to post about it. Should I get hyped? Are the hotdogs and pizza legit? Will they stock toilet paper?

Yes to all of this.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

My Costco has been out of the Bai Lemonade multipacks AND the Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip greek yogurt bars for like a month.

I am sad.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

The Hambulance posted:

Anyone here ever sous vide the boneless pork butt from the 'Co? How did you finish it?

Also, holy dog balls did the 3-pack of ribs get expensive! The cheapest one I saw was $50. Used to be half that, I think.

EDIT: Nice snipe, dummy.

Sous vide would take forever. Cut the big butt into pieces, place in slow cooker. Add seasonings, or if going quick and easy, some root beer. Cook 12 hours. Consume.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Not An Arsonist posted:

Are you already a member? They have some discounts/perks for signing up right now.

https://www.costco.com/online-membership-promotion.html

Just keep in mind that you have to sign up for auto renewal.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

I trust Pennywise more than the last overly friendly stranger clown I met. That hotdog better deliver.

Completely unrelated, do you still AOE2 now and then? Been forever and I'm getting the feeling back.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are you already a member? They have some discounts/perks for signing up right now.

https://www.costco.com/online-membership-promotion.html

Just keep in mind that you have to sign up for auto renewal.

I am not. It will probably take at least a year to sort out the paperwork and start construction, so i'm not sure if this is useful to me in the near future. Is it an annual promo or a one time deal going on right now?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Not An Arsonist posted:

I am not. It will probably take at least a year to sort out the paperwork and start construction, so i'm not sure if this is useful to me in the near future. Is it an annual promo or a one time deal going on right now?

Oh, so its not going to be soon then. I think similar promos happen a few times a year at least, sometimes its Groupon or some other site that will offer it. Just search on Slickdeals when the warehouse gets close to opening up

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 4, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Not An Arsonist posted:

I trust Pennywise more than the last overly friendly stranger clown I met. That hotdog better deliver.

Completely unrelated, do you still AOE2 now and then? Been forever and I'm getting the feeling back.

I haven't played that game in a long time. I think it's still installed though.

Also, always trust a child eating murderous clown.

Also also, the hot dog and drink (with refill) always delivers.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
You can absolutely sous vide pork shoulder. 24 hours at 160 finished on a hit smoker grill for an hour or so to get some degree of bark ideally for pulled pork, or just broiled in oil sprayed chunks and then pulled for pork tacos

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Does the church carry creatine? I'm tired of paying a lot for it on amazon. Or if anyone has a creatine rec that isn't the church I would be interested.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Does the church carry creatine? I'm tired of paying a lot for it on amazon. Or if anyone has a creatine rec that isn't the church I would be interested.

My protein.com

They have a sale every week so don’t pay full price.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MarcusSA posted:

My protein.com

They have a sale every week so don’t pay full price.

Interesting thanks, do you buy into the Creapure stuff? Is that worth grabbing?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought an electric kettle last week because the one we had died and it went on sale yesterday!!

Now I have to go in and get the difference credited because it's 4.96 quarter pound all beef hotdog with drink and refill for $1.50 ($1.61 after local tax) of a price difference!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bought an electric kettle last week because the one we had died and it went on sale yesterday!!

I thought mine had died but if I tilt it a certain way it now works again. Must be something loose internally

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Good gravy that 505 Hatch Green Chili salsa is amazing.
I don’t think I’ve finished a jar of anything that size that quickly ever in my life.
It is BOMB on eggs and I’ve never been a hot sauce or salsa on eggs guy.

PBUC

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gently caress why did I not put any of that on the breakfast quesadillas I made last night :mad:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh maybe I'll make chilaquiles with it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I thought mine had died but if I tilt it a certain way it now works again. Must be something loose internally

I messed with it for a few hours and determined it was very dead.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

StormDrain posted:

Oh maybe I'll make chilaquiles with it.

:hai:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mad that you didn't get two jars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

StormDrain posted:

Mad that you didn't get two jars?

I was going for "emphatic agreement" but also yes I will be picking up more tomorrow.