Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh and the gin is back and not hideous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

you can take my deals from my cold, dead, gollumhands

https://twitter.com/dlicj/status/1441175117325692935

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin bout them dogs

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

to the returns desk i go

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Costco giant eagle rental. Fly to Mt. Doom. Bing bang boom. I hear they still have the onion machine at the darkest depths of Mordor Costco.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Eating a 20 dollar bake it yourself pot pie from the 'co.

It's pretty drat good. Perfect ratio of chicken to crust to veggies to starch goo.

Needed spices but very easy to add after it's baked. Praise be to the 'co.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Anybody seen Sherpa blankets yet?

Damnit it’s fall and I need a new blanket. Screw it still being in the mid 80’s outside!

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Damnit it’s fall and I need a new blanket. Screw it still being in the mid 80’s outside!

They just put them out in Wisconsin earlier this week. It also just started getting cooler too, so I bet they will start rolling out elsewhere soon.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

gvibes posted:

Had the new Kirkland bourbon (bottled in bond). I think it’s really good

It's not my favorite, but for the price it is perfectly cromulent.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RoastBeef posted:

It's not my favorite, but for the price it is perfectly cromulent.

It is fantastic at this price for a liter.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

They seem to have been replaced by another double sided throw by Life Comfort that does not have sherpa. https://www.costco.com/life-comfort-ultimate-faux-fur-throw-2-pack.product.100662715.html

I bought one and it's nice and heavy, but too slippery. I liked that the Sherpa had some grip to it and this just doesn't hit the same way. My cat loves it, however.

There is a Pendleton single sided sherpa, but it isn't as heavy.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

They do still have Old Grand-Dad 114 for 26 bucks a bottle which is an insane value

It's $24 + tax at my local Total Wine. Is Costco a liter or something?

Seems like that's almost what I paid for it ~20 years ago back when I thought "high proof = better value"...back when we were buying liters of Schmirnoff 100 instead of 2 750's of 80 proof.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I'm moving to Colorado next week. I will be living within a mile of a Costco. But... the Costco's there do not sell alcohol. :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fake James posted:

I'm moving to Colorado next week. I will be living within a mile of a Costco. But... the Costco's there do not sell alcohol. :smith:

hope its dever or surroundings otherwise lol

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fake James posted:

Wrong. Which Costco? I got bourbon in line tree last month. And beer at Arvada nearly every trip since they allowed it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fischtick posted:

Costco giant eagle rental. Fly to Mt. Doom. Bing bang boom. I hear they still have the onion machine at the darkest depths of Mordor Costco.

Nazgul rentacops dumb dumb

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

https://twitter.com/discovolante0/status/1441504793722175493?s=20

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

It's $24 + tax at my local Total Wine. Is Costco a liter or something?

Seems like that's almost what I paid for it ~20 years ago back when I thought "high proof = better value"...back when we were buying liters of Schmirnoff 100 instead of 2 750's of 80 proof.

Sorry I didn't mean it was the cheapest price ever, just that it's a great bourbon for the price. It's what I got instead of Kirkland BIB since they were out

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i saw them yesterday. i tried to buy one and my girlfriend made me put it back because we already have 2

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fake James posted:

They sell the beer and hard seltzer in the store, but due to liquor licensing (one license per biz max), there is also usually a "not costco" liquor store attached. I believe the one in Eagle is the one store in the state that gets to do the hard liquor in the store proper.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Oh, good to know about the alcohol sales! I was given bad info. I was about to stock up before moving out there.

... I may still make a Costco run before moving anyways.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Greatbacon posted:

They sell the beer and hard seltzer in the store, but due to liquor licensing (one license per biz max), there is also usually a "not costco" liquor store attached. I believe the one in Eagle is the one store in the state that gets to do the hard liquor in the store proper.

Again, wrong. The Lone Tree, Littleton and Fort Collins ones have liquor in store (featuring name brands and Kirkland Signature, liquor wine and beer) as well. I've been there and purchased there. CO Springs apparently does but I haven't been there before.

I'm not sure how, because you are correct on the law. Arvada, Superior, Westminster and Aurora have the satellite liquor that doesn't have Kirkland brand.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
When I passed an alcolyte in church this morning, their radio buzzed and the person on the other end said “Great job this morning everyone!”

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Kirkland Signature rye whiskey when

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is the Costco sushi any good? Seems like they only have spicy, but I haven't tried it. My kid loves sushi, but he's not into spicy stuff yet.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Kirkland Signature American AND Canadian Rye whiskeys now!

e: to clarify that is when I want them but they don't exist

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FogHelmut posted:

Is the Costco sushi any good? Seems like they only have spicy, but I haven't tried it. My kid loves sushi, but he's not into spicy stuff yet.

ive never seen this. post a pic

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

ive never seen this. post a pic

Costco sashimi and makizushi:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

:perfect:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fake James posted:

Just go to beaver liquor instead

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Soul Dentist posted:

:vince:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soul Dentist posted:

unrelated question: does costco try and source slavery-free shrimp, or no

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

They got rid of the monkey picked coconuts so they better not use shrimp slaves

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The shrimp I bought was Thai, which for sure isn't the most ethical...

E: misremembered and it's Vietnamese. Not much better

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 26, 2021

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

My partner wants to purchase the ham. I do not eat ham, but I would be willing to break dietary rules to try the ham if we are going to spend a small fortune on salty meat.

Is the ham worth it? I do not think the ham is worth it.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Sorry I didn't mean it was the cheapest price ever, just that it's a great bourbon for the price. It's what I got instead of Kirkland BIB since they were out

Ahhh, ok.

You've got me thinking about picking up a bottle again.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Just buy the cheapest MGP rye you can find, because that's what Kirkland Rye would be. Costco has certainly considered it but must not think it will sell, or they can't get MGP to budge on the price.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 26, 2021

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Soul Dentist posted:

My local Costco in King of Prussia used to have sushi platters up until 8 years ago and I’m still loving bitter about their discontinuance.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Mormon Nailer posted:

My partner wants to purchase the ham. I do not eat ham, but I would be willing to break dietary rules to try the ham if we are going to spend a small fortune on salty meat.

Is the ham worth it? I do not think the ham is worth it.

Buy the ham at the closeout price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The thin mint almonds are fuckin :yum:

Also they had a gigantic baklava thing for :10bux: which I can't NOT buy

I'd be lying if I said that those two things won't be all I eat as I rip up carpet all day today