Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

DkHelmet posted:

My local Costco in King of Prussia used to have sushi platters up until 8 years ago and I’m still loving bitter about their discontinuance.

Ours had containers of raw tuna poke regularly two years ago. Spicy and regular.

I used to grab a couple avocados and make sushi rice and it was a great dinner.

Must not have sold well here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

unrelated question: does costco try and source slavery-free shrimp, or no

Except for the few times I’ve been able to buy shrimp directly from the hands of independent shrimpers, I don’t know if I’ve actually seen shrimp untouched by enslaved hands. It’s a real bummer.
However, on Costco’s terribly-designed website, there’s an “ethics” page where they detail how they’re going through their whole supply chain to eliminate products tainted by slavery and/or prison labor. That is a huge amount of supply chain.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Mormon Nailer posted:

My partner wants to purchase the ham. I do not eat ham, but I would be willing to break dietary rules to try the ham if we are going to spend a small fortune on salty meat.

Is the ham worth it? I do not think the ham is worth it.

I bought the ham and did not think it was worth it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bibliotechno Music posted:

independent shrimpers

lol

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

skipdogg posted:

I bought the ham and did not think it was worth it.

This is the consensus that I have received from everyone I have asked, the ham is not worth it; we will not be purchasing the ham.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

You have not known shrimp until you’ve bought them, still wriggling, from a wooden semi-structure on the side of a road, weighed out by the wizened hands of someone currently smoking a cigarette.

E: the shrimp must be stored on gas station ice in a styrofoam cooler no less than 5 years old, I don’t make the rules but I respect them.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That guy absolutely did not catch those shrimp unless you can hear the waves from where you're standing.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

That guy absolutely did not catch those shrimp unless you can hear the waves from where you're standing.

My evocative description of roadside shrimp purchases lacked that precise detail. I am undone.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Some people just don't enjoy ham I guess.

Those people are truly lost

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am biased because we have two pigs butchered every year out of my family's heritage breed hogs and frankly if I were going to eat pig, it would be those.

Alas, I will not suck the hog.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mormon Nailer posted:

I am biased because we have two pigs butchered every year out of my family's heritage breed hogs and frankly if I were going to eat pig, it would be those.

Thats rad.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also the Kirkland toilet paper is finally back in St. Louis so I'm hoarding toilet paper again.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Here in Oregon, we are limited to one package per person again. All they have left is Kirkland (a pretty good amount of it, though).

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Again, wrong. The Lone Tree, Littleton and Fort Collins ones have liquor in store (featuring name brands and Kirkland Signature, liquor wine and beer) as well. I've been there and purchased there. CO Springs apparently does but I haven't been there before.

I'm not sure how, because you are correct on the law. Arvada, Superior, Westminster and Aurora have the satellite liquor that doesn't have Kirkland brand.

if its anything like kansas, the alcohol/liqour laws are by county.

I live in the most liberal county in kansas and we've only been able to buy ANY alcohol at all on Sunday since like... 4? 5 years ago?

before that we were dry Sundays.

Lots of counties are still "dry" here. If you go to a small town you might only be able to get a drink if you manage to get membership at a "club" or "dinner club". You can only drink if you have extra money to spend for a membership. Praise Jesus.

[edit] I rescind my previous remark, I guess we are down to a handful of dry counties statewide now.

quote:

According to a map put together by the Kansas Department of Revenue, only eight counties of 105 in Kansas remain dry: Meade, Gray, Haskell, Stanton, Wallace, Sheridan, Jewell and Clay.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

buy a bidet already

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

if i buy a fleece blue 2 pack and someone else buys a dark grey fleece two pack, who wants to swap the extra?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What is the fabled ham that was referenced?

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

The Littleton location StormDrain mentioned is across the street from me. It does sell liquor, and is weirdly in Denver county, like my home. Denver has odd little tentacles going into the 'burbs.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Miss Vickie's spicy dill potato chips are pretty good. Not too hot and good pickle flavor

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Goodpancakes posted:

There is a Serrano and a Jamon Iberico. Both are good hams, but impulse buys for a lot of people that don't realize the commitment that comes with buying an entire leg of jamon.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
You can try smaller amounts (with higher prices in terms of $/oz) by ordering from tienda.com.

Jamon Iberico is absolutely delicious and way better than serrano ham. It's more oily and flavorful. I'm not sure I'd buy an entire leg of it though just for myself.

edit: VVV nevermind at $250 for a whole ham, i'd seriously consider it

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 26, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Goodpancakes posted:

If I remember correctly the two varieties are $100 and $500 for a leg. Some of the time they will get marked down 50% after a few months.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Thinkin about thos chilies.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco sashimi and makizushi:

:hmbol:

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
My local co doesn't have the tyres for my Prius in stock. Once they do I'm going to get a pizza, batteries, and razors! Probably a bunch of other dumb poo poo as well.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

silence_kit posted:

You can try smaller amounts (with higher prices in terms of $/oz) by ordering from tienda.com.

Jamon Iberico is absolutely delicious and way better than serrano ham. It's more oily and flavorful. I'm not sure I'd buy an entire leg of it though just for myself.

edit: VVV nevermind at $250 for a whole ham, i'd seriously consider it

Jamon Iberico is the thing dreams are made of, and something I always eat too much of when I'm in Spain. The problem with buying an entire leg of it is that as the old thread title used to say, it's a lot of meat to put in you

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cross-Section posted:

Color me somewhat disappointed with the girl scout mint almonds

too much nut, not enough chocolate or mint

I'm only disappointed in that I expected manna from heaven based on this thread. They're still really good and I have to limit myself to a few a day lest I sit down and eat all of them in one gluttonous binge.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Wendigee posted:

buy a bidet already

Glad I got in the bidet gang, Aussie bites were on sale and I forgot how the density remains the same for the whole trip

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Has anyone tried those frozen korean fried seaweed rolls? They look like they could be good, but I'm suspicious of how they would turn out after being cooked.

And have the Bitchin' tubs been made smaller? Whack if true.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Was at cotsco yesterday and saw more bitchin sauce and they looked the same size??

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
drat I was told no paper towels or toilet paper, they had a line waiting for them this morning and sold out instantly.

We're doing this poo poo again? I'm starting to run low.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
On the other hand, I got a hot dog for the first time in a long time. It was real good folks

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Renegret posted:

drat I was told no paper towels or toilet paper, they had a line waiting for them this morning and sold out instantly.

Yep, we're doing this again. It's transportation bottlenecks now, not manufacturing from what I've heard. Not enough trucks to get the product out.

Between Covid, and Texas snowpocalypse earlier this year I now stockpile the poo poo out of things now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Renegret posted:

That was fast, there was a 1 per cardholder sign yesterday for paper and water.

Seems like a good idea to have a spare megapack in general in storage or a closet somewhere. I don't know how long you can make a 24 pack of TP last but 2-3 months should be long enough for any shortages to end or to just get lucky if you get there early morning and are able to grab a pack

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I went yesterday and got 1 pack each of paper towels, toilet paper, and bottled water. They had plenty of all of them at my store, at least, but it was also limited to 1 per customer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

That's a bad sign for the US.

The Costco TP index.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Renegret posted:

From my location this morning:

The tp aisle is near the loading dock at my 'co. They had one pallet just sitting at start of the aisle that got picked through real fast right as I got there.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wow my Costco had so much TP and paper towels

I got the Charmin pack but haven't opened it yet, did I make a mistake :ohdear:

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

If it's the soft Charmin, just be prepared to be linty forever.

Went to church for worship today and got a rotisserie chicken for my partner and a fuckload of those tiny cucumbers for me because I'm going to make refrigerator pickles with them. Also grabbed another pack of toilet paper and paper towels for the shelter.

They have fifty pound bags of flour and sugar back in stock but I'm good for a minute. Did also purchase the Kirkland vodka because while it tastes bad on its own, it makes good vanilla extract if you don't have the bourbon, and they did not. Not even the Kirkland brand. Just, no bourbon at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mormon Nailer posted:

If it's the soft Charmin, just be prepared to be linty forever.

Went to church for worship today and got a rotisserie chicken for my partner and a fuckload of those tiny cucumbers for me because I'm going to make refrigerator pickles with them. Also grabbed another pack of toilet paper and paper towels for the shelter.

They have fifty pound bags of flour and sugar back in stock but I'm good for a minute. Did also purchase the Kirkland vodka because while it tastes bad on its own, it makes good vanilla extract if you don't have the bourbon, and they did not. Not even the Kirkland brand. Just, no bourbon at all.

Where on earth is out of bourbon?

Also, I tried to make a bunch of actual fermented pickles out of the mini cukes and got a super musty aftertaste. Is that a product of not washing enough or just poor methods?