Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Woodsy Owl posted:

Maybe everyone came to their senses this year and realized that pumpkin pie loving sucks.

Imagine being this wrong about something, what a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

the real prize is loving Friskies cat food, I’ve been looking for 2 weeks now and they’re still out. Apparently they’re expecting more on the 1st but I may have to buy some elsewhere to hold my cats over in the meantime.

I've noticed that canned cat food is tough as gently caress to find anywhere lately. I saw the Fancy Feast they love was in stock at Meijer this morning and picked up enough to last me til the end of the year

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, if you're not taking advantage of the buy 5 items get $25 off deal for clothing on Costco Dot Com, you're totally missing out. You can get awesome stuff (especially if you're WFH) for hella cheap and just return what you don't like

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

They have a women’s pj set that are basically perfect winter weight pajamas but they have disney or harry potter prints on them. I’ve broken down and gotten two sets anyway they’re that good otherwise.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Johnny Truant posted:

Imagine being this wrong about something, what a shame

Yup
It's delicious and you can add crunchy stuff to it (and plain Greek yogurt always) and it's DIVINE

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Pumpkin pie is just fraudulent sweet potato pie.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i bought a pumpkin pie at another grocery store (please forgive me Costco gods) but honestly i need to go back to Costco to get enough coffee to wake the dead, so i may just... buy a second pumpkin pie :getin:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I upgraded to the exec immediately before buying a set of tires, and now I can't stop thinking of driving right back and buying a mattress and boxspring. :homebrew:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

Also, if you're not taking advantage of the buy 5 items get $25 off deal for clothing on Costco Dot Com, you're totally missing out. You can get awesome stuff (especially if you're WFH) for hella cheap and just return what you don't like

:emptyquote:

It's an amazing deal and the Kirkland sweatshirts are sold online too.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fashionably Great posted:

:emptyquote:

It's an amazing deal and the Kirkland sweatshirts are sold online too.

https://www.costco.com/.product.1548630.html

These are good ones so far. I like 'em alot. $15 on sale + $5 off with the deal, $10 brand new sleepy pants. Hot drat.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Rufio posted:

Pumpkin pie is just fraudulent sweet potato pie.

:hmmyes:

Sweet potato pie is the superior version of the same vibe. Must try it if you haven't.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Grand Fromage posted:

:hmmyes:

Sweet potato pie is the superior version of the same vibe. Must try it if you haven't.

Squash is good too. The real important part is a flaky, buttery pastry crust though, not the crumbly dry crap you get with any store-bought pie.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I’m going to be the guy returning a pie because my pumpkin one already has white mold on the top after a couple of days.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

friendship ended with pumpkin pie

now olive tapenade is my best friend

bless

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 24, 2021

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

McGurk posted:

I’m going to be the guy returning a pie because my pumpkin one already has white mold on the top after a couple of days.

Man all my bagels always mold after 3 days Costco bakery concerns me sometimes.

I hope my Costco starts selling the Danishes with out the jizz glaze again. They're entirely too sweet now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

There is an error with this item and it cannot be purchased at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh costco website, never change

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tunicate posted:

There is an error with this item and it cannot be purchased at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh costco website, never change

Don't worry, it hasn't in at least a dozen years.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Man all my bagels always mold after 3 days Costco bakery concerns me sometimes.

I hope my Costco starts selling the Danishes with out the jizz glaze again. They're entirely too sweet now.

U gotta put em in your fridge

They'll dry out but won't mold, tough trade off

Honey Im Homme fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 24, 2021

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Honey Im Homme posted:

U gotta put em in your fridge

They'll dry out but won't mold, tough trade off

Absolutely not.
Freeze for a few hours so they'll hold their shape, vacuum seal them, chuck them back in the freezer. Use them one at a time with a defrost as you go. We've already been over this :colbert:

If you refrigerate your fresh bread you're just making it stale rapidly which is why it is never recommended except by grandmas.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Eh I just put my bagels in ziptop sandwich bags that I continually reuse and squeeze out the air to some extent and put in the freezer. They're perfect and no need to par freeze and bust out the vacuum sealer and waste a bunch of plastic.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
A half-dozen bagels will keep for 10-14 days in the fridge, or 25 minutes in my breadbox. I'm gonna toast 'em anyway, so I don't mind if they're a little fridge-stale.

Making my own pie tonight. I think I can stomach one last trip to church between now and sometime mid-January.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
are costco bagels actually good? in canada all supermarket bagels are parcooked bready texture shitrings, no skin, no chew, etc.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
They're okay. The same thing you'd get at Einstein's Bagels or whatever chain you have nearby. Maybe a little on the big side. The Safeway near my house sells very similar bagels for $5/dozen with membership. I usually grab those.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Hey can one of you call up the loving nerds that run the website and ask them to drop the security level down to one similar to my bank? I am so sick of being logged off after like 10 minutes and having to change my password seasonally to a password that I haven't used in the last million or so.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

bless

I have found that you have to be extremely careful with that stuff as it goes moldy way too fast. I only use fresh out of the dishwasher spoons to scoop it and try not to dig too deep or leave anything above the oil level.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
:wtc: I don't even know what that is, but apparently you have to treat it like plutonium??

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Walrus posted:

are costco bagels actually good? in canada all supermarket bagels are parcooked bready texture shitrings, no skin, no chew, etc.

At least our location has boiled ones, so they are 'real' but still as was already answered, just a bit better than 'ok'. For me if they get anything less that fresh (stale or freezer burnt) they are inedible.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Costco bagels are awful

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gaius Marius posted:

Costco bagels are awful

Yeah they’re not great, I prefer the Montreal style ones and these are a bit too doughy. If I want so-so bagels because of lack of options I just get a single 6 pack at the grocery store instead.

That said the croissants are not good as croissants but as buttery snacks they go real fast in my house.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Costco bagels are awful

They used to be decent but they changed them a year or two ago and now they suck.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cross-Section posted:

bless

:yum:

god I love olive tapenade. haven't had this Costco one yet but Trader Joe's has a really good one

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jingleheimer posted:

They used to be decent but they changed them a year or two ago and now they suck.
i'm glad its not just me but i would say its been longer than a few years. i dont have an exact timeframe but they've been pretty bad in recent years. i mean they were never mindblowing but better than they are now.

priznat posted:

That said the croissants are not good as croissants but as buttery snacks they go real fast in my house.
:hfive:

croissants are real good though. the new containers are a shitload more plastic but also help keep them from going stale vs the cardboard + plastic wrap version, so i'm okay with that. but they are smaller packs of croissants then they used to be. which is probably for the best because i can hoover them up

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
the KWASSONTZ are hella good.

durrneez eggy croissant brekkie sammy recipe:
1. heat a cast iron pan in the oven, idk, 400 or whatever
2. make scrambled eggs; undercook them a little
3. make a transverse cut across the croissant
4. stuff the eggy goo inside
5. put the croissant with eggy goo on the cast iron pan, flip when the bottom is kronshy
6. eat

substitute eggs with whatever gently caress all else. the real star is the crispy buttery croissant.

pbuc

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Toasting the croissants fuckin rules with jam on em or whatever. Heck, cheese and meat with some mustard, all good!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I just renewed my Costco membership after being away from the faith for almost 10 years. I feel paralyzed by choice; I need a Kirkland Snack Tier List

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

I just renewed my Costco membership after being away from the faith for almost 10 years. I feel paralyzed by choice; I need a Kirkland Snack Tier List

A good standby for me are those peanut butter filled pretzels, those rule.

I avoid the chocolate/caramel/salt combo ones because I am usually sick of them after 40% of the bag.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I made a big nine-layer banana pudding using the Biscoff biscuits from Costco for tomorrow. They have a nice dark buttery flavor that elevates the humble dish to new heights.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Poopelyse posted:

:yum:

god I love olive tapenade. haven't had this Costco one yet but Trader Joe's has a really good one

It’s better than the Trader Joe’s by a country mile but drat if it molds as quickly as Demonachizer is saying. Hopefully leaving it in the fridge slows that down a bit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FistEnergy posted:

im a household of 2 so i avoid buying costco snacks because its too dangerous

those cashew w/ almond+seeds clusters are very good. maybe the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

durrneez posted:

the KWASSONTZ are hella good.

durrneez eggy croissant brekkie sammy
pbuc

You better be Australian with language like that