Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody head to church today and buy the meatloaf. While at church, think of all the things you would do for Costco and one thing you just won’t do.

Everything I'd do for a Klondike bar plus die. And I dunno, take someone's handicap spot at church?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Had someone bitch at me for taking a handicap spot at church as I don’t need it… my terminally ill wife however does. As soon as I helped her out of the truck and went to the bed to get the wheel chair the jackass just drove off because admitting you are wrong is a sign of weakness.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

and one thing you just won’t do.

Raise the price of the loving hot dog cuz I don't wanna have to kill anyone

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody head to church today and buy the meatloaf. While at church, think of all the things you would do for Costco and one thing you just won’t do.

Louie Anderson too...

If you haven't seen the show Baskets you need to watch it. It has COSTCO in the show too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bagmonkey posted:

They have the Men's Spyder 1/4 zip and full zip fleece things on sale. They seem to be very warm and I bought one of each.

I have one of these that is kind of tight with one of those collars that doesn't fold down (and not fleece) and it's probably my favorite sweater.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BigPaddy posted:

Had someone bitch at me for taking a handicap spot at church as I don’t need it… my terminally ill wife however does. As soon as I helped her out of the truck and went to the bed to get the wheel chair the jackass just drove off because admitting you are wrong is a sign of weakness.

I'm sorry about your wife.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Interesting. They offer direct deposit on the Citi cash back rewards now. I’ll probably do that this time.

Where do you set this up?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BigPaddy posted:

gently caress that guy

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

i am harry posted:

Snow here and the little one needs some snow pants so I stopped by to see what the Co had

$7

…just ignore the other $230 of stuff I accidentally bought…
Yeah they are fantastic for kids coats and gloves.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BigPaddy posted:

Good on you for showing restraint, I probably would have lost my poo poo at that person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Made a Costco run. It's been a few months I think. I grabbed some energy drinks, Oral B brush heads since they were on sale (gently caress those are expensive), a lint roller with 5 rolls that will last me forever, broccoli cheddar soup, Irish beef stew, and then I saw some clothes of course. I got some Eddie Bauer pajama bottoms and a hoodie, and I saw that fleece lined Spyder sweatshirt so I grabbed that too.

Also I grabbed the meatloaf because another goon upthread just mentioned that I should. :shrug:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Thanks for the support, honestly it has happened a few times and I just ignore people.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
We're supposed to be getting snow this afternoon/evening in the Southeast so I thought I'd see what my local Co looked like this morning, and it was great! Probably half the number of people I usually see there. Ended up getting a 2 pack of canola oil, the 2 pack of canola oil spray, and a box of Systane eye drops (which my wife goes through about 1 per month). No line at the self checkout either. All in all, a good visit to Church.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BigPaddy posted:

We always got a lot of nasty expressions parking in handicap spots when my wife was dealing with kidney failure and couldn't walk for long without having to take a break. People are rotten, especially in Costco parking lots.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It doesn't excuse anyone's lovely behavior, but I understand the frustration of people who are almost but not quite inside costco, or have just had to leave costco

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No Mods No Masters posted:

It doesn't excuse anyone's lovely behavior, but I understand the frustration of people who are almost but not quite inside costco, or have just had to leave costco

Dunno bout you, but I'm usually pretty full and happy when leaving costco

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If only one could dwell forever in those wholesale halls, living on samples and good vibes alone

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That sounds like hell

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The Costco meatloaf and mashed potatoes is pretty drat good. And I have at least another two nights of it. It was over 4lbs. Not bad for $15.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lotta people eating meatloaf this week.

I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE BUT I WONT GET VAXXXED

(in case the meatloaf posts are totally naive about the news - Mr Loaf is dead from covid19 )

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Those spider clothes are ridiculous looking, like a lifted angry eyed Jeep but in a jacket.

paging kaker

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Those mini red velvet cakes (six to a pack) are amazing. I’m going to get so much more fat.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

IOwnCalculus posted:

I have a box of envelopes I bought at Costco probably 18 years ago now.

It still looks completely full.

When I first got my costco membership in 2013 I bought one of those 200 count boxes of garbage bags. I was a single guy, lived in an apartment, was big on recycling/reducing waste. I moved out of that same apartment in spring of 2021 to move in with my fiancée and in some sort of weird poetic coincidence, I used the last bag of that box to take out the last bag of trash before turning in the key.

PBUC

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AKZ posted:

paging kaker

:colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AKZ posted:

paging kaker

Weird. They look like uh.... normal sweaters to me. My first one has a small logo like where the Polo logo would be. wtf was he looking at?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Weird. They look like uh.... normal sweaters to me. My first one has a small logo like where the Polo logo would be. wtf was he looking at?

Kaker is mad that they have colors I think

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I will admit that some Spyder stuff does look like a pair of a wraparound sunglasses in clothing form but the stuff Costco has is usually pretty tame

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Spyder used to make nice competitive ski clothing but my experience was like 16 years ago, things could have changed a great deal

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Spyder used to make nice competitive ski clothing but my experience was like 16 years ago, things could have changed a great deal

Looks like on their website https://www.spyder.com/ that they made the US Olympic Ski Team's clothing.

edit: jesus gently caress, I looked up their sweaters and some of them are going for $200. I just got one yesterday for like $30. (PBUC)

edit 2: yeah some of them are pretty.... colorful...

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 22, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

They still make some really good ski gear but they also branched out into selling dads outdoor style clothing. Most of it is totally unremarkable besides the giant Spyder logo but a few of their items are.. uhh.. real hideous

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
for some reason the costco parking lot is the only place ive consistently had people steal spots from me .. rude rear end mother fuckers should have their memberships torn up !!!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tell me about buying tires at Costco.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

FogHelmut posted:

Highly dependent on location in terms of staff/service. Deals are okay, but nothing crazy good. Definitely worth checking out a local Discount Tire, etc. and comparison shopping.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Seems to be on average $5-10 cheaper per tire at Costco. Outside of sales, 5 year road hazard included seems to be the big bonus. I guess nitrogen fill as well, if you believe in that sort of thing.

They don't appear to let you buy tires outside of OEM sizing for your vehicle?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bagmonkey posted:

I will admit that some Spyder stuff does look like a pair of a wraparound sunglasses in clothing form but the stuff Costco has is usually pretty tame

Exactly. I'm sure its decent enough as they are at Costco after all, and as a ~brand~ you have to make yourself stand out somehow. I have a minor issue with the name because it reeks of highschool-me making up character names for Shadowrun characters.

Spyder: 22 year old elven Decker from Tir Tairngire

FogHelmut posted:

Super dependent on location. They can be very restrictive on both what vehicles they will install tires on (have to be in their system) and what they will do about sizing. Mine is cool and installs tires on loose wheels all the time for me. Plus the executive membership plus now the Citi card means I can build up quite a bit of a Costco return buying things I was going to buy anyway. Specifically tires and batteries. BUT your location might be awful, some are. Mine happens to be good.

Pictured: full set of 5 Costco-bought and installed (loosely, they won't take in a JDM vehicle into the install bays) tires, and also two batteries under the hood you can't see.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 22, 2022

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Wearing that exact shirt, so it’s perfect

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Costco tire used to have an issue where they wouldn’t put on new TPMS packs if you did your purchase over the internet. You know because $2 per tire on your $1000 purchase would have been beyond the pale

Just make sure you clarify at the counter that you will pay for TPMS if needed, not sure if it’s a big deal anymore or if you can do it as part of your internet transaction.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Hed posted:

Costco tire used to have an issue where they wouldn’t put on new TPMS packs if you did your purchase over the internet. You know because $2 per tire on your $1000 purchase would have been beyond the pale

Just make sure you clarify at the counter that you will pay for TPMS if needed, not sure if it’s a big deal anymore or if you can do it as part of your internet transaction.

I think this might have happened to me, but the light hasn't ever come on, so :shrug:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Super dependent on location.

FYI, Kaker has probably bought more tires at Costco than the rest of the thread combined, so take that advice as solid.

But agreed, overall their deals are good-but-not-great. Costco beats Discount only if you have the Costco Visa, the executive membership, and the tires are on some form of promotion ($150 off a set of 4, etc). Otherwise Discount usually comes out ahead, especially if you have their store card which usually has some form of rebate attached to it. I also drive by three Discounts on the way to Costco (for now) so that plays into it a bit.

Costco's battery pricing is unmatched anywhere else that I've seen, though. Their computer system is a bit dumb for batteries too. It says they don't have the battery for my Canyon (or seemingly anything else using an H8 AGM) but they had half a dozen of them sitting on the shelf when I walked in.

The real benefit on the batteries is the warranty service. You walk in with a battery you say is dead, they swap it. Every other place I've bought batteries from over the years wants to spend anywhere from ten minutes to a loving hour testing them first. One time they even looked up the battery I'd bought when I was still using my mom's membership and transferred it over to my own before exchanging it out. The only downside to Costco batteries is that if you're worried about needing a warranty exchange on the road, there are a lot fewer Costcos than there are Walmarts/Autozones/Oreilly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Omfg the Kirkland tiramisu is loving delicious