Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

The Walrus posted:

I dont think I've ever had an instant arabica. Maybe it's good who knows. Robusta is trash

Starbucks sells an instant arabica named Via. It's handy for traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BadSamaritan posted:

Thinking of getting some window shades during the sale this month. I’d gotten the whole house measured by another company and was ready to have some installed back in March 2020, but uh that month got a bit crazy. I realized I still have a spreadsheet of all the measurements in their quote soooo…

Any suggestions between cordless cellular shades, wood blinds, and roman shades for living areas? We have toddlers.

cordless non-slat shades are supposed to be the safest if you have little kids

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It is time to join the church and take communion. Gimme that Citi cash back card.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Martman posted:

hot dog

e: wtf is this snipe, what quote did I click to think that was from a recent page

Truly the greatest snipe in the thread

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Wirecutter said the lined Puma sweats are super awesome and I was wondering what y’all thought of them? I need some more loungewear since my gf keeps stealing my cloudknit ones :negative:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well, none of you were joking about the cinnamon loaf. It's like the perfect amount of moistness in a bread/cake I've ever experienced.

Thanks to whomever was working the bakery that saw the previous person barely dusting the loaves with sugar and decided to make it rain on all the loaves they were packing up.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just got my cash back for my Citi card. I spend too much money.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Knot My President! posted:

Wirecutter said the lined Puma sweats are super awesome and I was wondering what y’all thought of them? I need some more loungewear since my gf keeps stealing my cloudknit ones :negative:

They are very comfortable and nice. Sizing seems accurate, with a little bit of room to spare.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How far would you all drive to go to church? I moved recently and the nearest location is over an hour and a half away :negative:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
20 minutes away now from church, we just visited today and spent a thousand dollars

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It’s 40 minutes to either of 2 locations for me and I just plan on a once a month pilgrimage. I do any suburban errands that have built up while I’m out there.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
They just built one 12 minutes away which is finally why we got a membership. The only other ones in the area are 30 and 35 mins, respectively. We used to have a membership a while back when I worked around the corner from one of the stores and could go at lunch but up until today we just had my MIL get stuff for us at the store down south where she lives.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Whoever recommended that Motor City pizza pack earlier was on point. So delicious. Jesus approves.

Also, the 3 Pack Butter Sugar Cinnamon Loaf is insanely decadent. Our household will soon be so fat we'll need cranes to get out of bed.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I throw some Cajun seasoning on the motor city pizzas and they are great.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Whoever recommended that Motor City pizza pack earlier was on point. So delicious. Jesus approves.

Also, the 3 Pack Butter Sugar Cinnamon Loaf is insanely decadent. Our household will soon be so fat we'll need cranes to get out of bed.

Have you tried the Motor City cheesy bread? I think it's better than the pizza itself.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

mariooncrack posted:

Have you tried the Motor City cheesy bread? I think it's better than the pizza itself.

:eyepop:

That is now on the shopping list, thanks for the rec

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

devmd01 posted:

It is time to join the church and take communion. Gimme that Citi cash back card.

Before this moment, your life was in black and white.

After this moment, glorious color

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
What I'm going to do is never ever buy or taste that cinnamon bread

You won't miss what you don't know

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Got a membership for Christmas from my sister, and finally got around to going last week (twice). What are some of the frozen foods/snacks that are worth a drat?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Spinz posted:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Spinz posted:

:hmmyes:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Do the butter loaves freeze well? I have a vacuum sealer if it makes a difference.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Do the butter loaves freeze well? I have a vacuum sealer if it makes a difference.

Pretty decent yeah

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I showed my wife a picture of the butter loaf and said, please talk me out of a bad idea.

So told me to buy it. She's a bad influence.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I am the only person in my family who goes to Costco. I will carry the secret of cinnamon butter loaf with me to the grave.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Spinz posted:

also same.

3-pack of butter loaf just sounds like far too much food for a 2person apartment. the best thing that used to exist about having a big office job was being able to bring in extra costco muffins or costco cake and leave it in the breakroom and not feel bad about wasting a bunch of food. i'd prob get it if it was a single loaf.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

i had the motorcity pizza from costco and i thought it was just decent. i didnt think it was worth buying again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Propaganda Machine posted:

How far would you all drive to go to church? I moved recently and the nearest location is over an hour and a half away :negative:

you should have thought about that before you moved out to fucksticks, missouri :mad:. and is that 1.5 each way?? because yeah no, i'd maybe do that once a year to stock up on bulk rice, flour, butter, salt, canned beans, sugar, paper towels, etc, but no spending 3 hours out of my day driving to a costco and back just sounds awful.

maximum i'd say is 45-minutes each way; unless i also had reasons for going out further. i'm ~10-15 minutes from a costco and it still feels like too long.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

pentyne posted:

Well, none of you were joking about the cinnamon loaf. It's like the perfect amount of moistness in a bread/cake I've ever experienced.

Thanks to whomever was working the bakery that saw the previous person barely dusting the loaves with sugar and decided to make it rain on all the loaves they were packing up.

I guess I'm going to costco tomorrow ..

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
your not helping lol

I literally live a quarter mile away and I love it, hell the clothes are great there. I love this place and if I didnt have the futon id buy the couch they have right now it looks amazing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fischtick posted:

I am the only person in my family who goes to Costco. I will carry the secret of cinnamon butter loaf with me to the grave.

Secret car trunk butter loaf

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

In Iowa it was 2.5 hours to Des Moines or 3 hours to Minneapolis to the nearest Costco. We took a truck and went about once every 3 months.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gallatin posted:

In Iowa it was 2.5 hours to Des Moines or 3 hours to Minneapolis to the nearest Costco. We took a truck and went about once every 3 months.

Don't live in Iowa.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
A pretty good rule of thumb is to not live where Costco don’t go

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Secret car trunk butter loaf

:holy:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Living within the borders of Costco Mecca I have 5 within an hour of me, 2 within 30 minutes and 1, 10 minutes away.

PBUC

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I love being 10 minutes from costco, it's literally closer to me than the nearest mall.

Downside is that there is currently only one Costco in my city of 3million people. Can't wait for them to open the second one which should calm down the chaos on weekends.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I tested positive for covid right before heading out on my regularly scheduled Saturday Costco run.

So instead I bought more covid tests... from Costco dot com.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cockblocktopus posted:

I tested positive for covid right before heading out on my regularly scheduled Saturday Costco run.

So instead I bought more covid tests... from Costco dot com.

the $1.50 hot dog + soda (with refill) cures COVID fyi

(please get it delivered)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i don't want three butter cinnamon loaf but it would probably cost me more to make a single butter cinnamon loaf myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i don't want three butter cinnamon loaf but it would probably cost me more to make a single butter cinnamon loaf myself

Consider how much butter you would need