Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

The problem isnít samples. Itís people waiting for samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

I've always found the Costco cashiers to be closer to TJ's than I'd like. I'm not here to chit-chat, I'm here to make a bunch of regrettable bulk purchases that I cannot hope to eat before they go bad.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

My Costco does not, and I imagine that it's in part because navigating the parking lot is a nightmare in itself, without needing to factor in 100 cart long lines you have to wait for.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

The tuxedo cake is pretty good. The cheesecake is bad/bland, pumpkin pie is also bland. I haven't tried their sheet cakes, but they look pretty standard.
The chocolates of the world (sold between August-December) are good this year, as are the belgian fresh cream chocolates, and the chocolate liquor bottles.
I've mostly been disappointed over any pastries in the frozen case.

The sheet cakes are a pretty great moist cake and a hell of a deal for 19 bucks.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nope, sorry, stand by the cake. I buy one for almost every dumb work party we have and always receive compliments. Plus they are game to write any dumb thing you can think of on there. Itís great.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

Visited church today and if I die from eating it's probably going to be these milk chocolate almond toffee clusters. Goddamn!

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

Can you add anyone to your costco membership? or am i going to have to pretend to be married to my sister.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pistachios are so drat good, and the only thing that holds me back from buying more is how incredibly awful the family that control them is.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/08/lynda-stewart-resnick-california-water/

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Costco has been a much better shopping experience since they banished the sample carts.

I can't really tell if mine has brought back samples now or not. There were a couple of visits where the sample carts were back but just like, so you could see what the oreos looked like in a bowl behind plexiglass.

Now I'm pretty sure I've seen them hand people samples from behind the plexi but I'm not interested in sticking around to find out.

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

robotheist posted:

The OMG! milk chocolate toffee almond clusters have a dumb name but are very delicious

Top tier snack - probably incredibly bad for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Fun Shoe

I'm heading to a business center for the first time tomorrow. Anything in particular I should look out for?