Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Let me preface this by saying, PBUC; I am no heretic, slinking past the door guards meekly muttering, "I'm here for alcohol the state says you have to allo..."

But drat if I don't live in the Costco triangle of death. Going to any of the stores is a drive from Beverly Hills and a real assrape situation of crowdedness and sample hogging fatasses.

Pic for illustration. Please great Costco, save us from this terrible dire way of living. I fear my visits will decline even more.

The Sicilian fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Gorman Thomas posted:

I go to the one in Marina Del Rey at 9 am on Sundays and there's nary a line and bountiful parking until 1030.

I can't be constrained to a schedule like that, my thirst for $1.50 dawgs naws at me every minute of every hour.

(Thank you, I will definitely go to stco around this time.)

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

PBUC, I have discovered some sort of vegetable superfood powder being sold at the place of worship and it is amazing. I am extremely tall and of "normal weight" but wanted to get my abs back.

Mix up two scoops of this poo poo, greek yoghurt, that milk with Omegas, honey and some fruits and walla. Instant goon weight loss.
My body has begun craving this poo poo meaning I'm going to the stco much much more.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

That's the joke...

It originated in the PYF Lifehacks thread.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

ElGroucho posted:

My Costco vacation was dope and trouble free, friends

I don't recommend Miami Beach, as the only nice thing about it was the actual beach. I also discovered why there aren't any successful Cuban food restaurants. Go to an island in the Caribbean, instead.

Key West is nice, though.

If stco were to unveil a bunch of stores as competitors to 7/11 or trader joes I would be immensely happy. Imagine it, popping in at the corner for some $1.50 dogs and a drink and then going mad on that Kirkland snack food. Please Costco, don't fail us.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

curufinor posted:

it prolly wouldn't work, the dogs are designed to be a loss leader
dunno if a membership-based convenience store would work, because a lot of convenience store business is... just one-offs

tj's, definitely possibility
they could cream tj's supply chain, those guys literally operate out of like 3 warehouses or something

I have a 24 hour Walgreens by me that I frequent all the time. I think amazon is doing something like you need a membership to enter and are charged for items on way out.

This could help with shrink and allow for way less lines.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Passed a Costco in Iceland last week. My question is, how could this be?

Stco goes against every principal os shopping in Iceland; namely that things must be bought in small quantities and be expensive as poo poo. Anyone ever been to this branch?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

slave to my cravings posted:

I was there like a week after it opened and apparently like 10% of the population of Iceland had already became members. I think anywhere you go people still want 100% all beef hot dogs (with refill) and a case of toilet paper at reasonable prices. The prices at Costco were still more expensive than US prices but a little cheaper than the rest of the island.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&perpage=40&pagenumber=71#post472821178

PBUC I didn't get a chance to go, shame on me.

How was the product selection? The whole thing is like the opposite of those BONUS stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

FCKGW posted:

Made a Costco run today

Yeah, you could say I'm a bit of a Costco enthusiast :smug:

Not to Stco one up you, but my record was 2 carts that were so filled one had to dispersed onto the mythical flatbed. My $1242 donation pleased the collection takers.