Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Same rush here and we only have one identified case in the metro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Chinatown posted:

:rip: anyone going this weekend.

I was planning to but I might wait a few days. I need bread dammit.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

.Z. posted:

Looks like the Seattle area Costcos have figured out what level of toilet paper to have out.

They're trying to shock and awe the panic buyers.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I almost never get gas at Costco. It's like ten percent off, so a few dollars off in exchange for sitting in line for like five minutes.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lobsterboy posted:

If your CostCo (or any store, really) is requiring masks then it is legitimately the safest shopping option out there.

I thought I read that Costco corporate said they wouldn't require masks anymore for liability reasons? I Instacart everything now so I haven't seen firsthand.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Someone make a Discord for the Costco thread.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I almost forgot when I walked into the Costco a couple was wheeling out a chest freezer. It was a smaller one, like 7cuft I think?

That's a good idea, when I buy cold stuff I just rush home and unpack it ASAP.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pre-pandemic I was usually wrestling two kids so everything is unloaded from the cart before I even noticed.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

are you complaining about free cookies?

Probably mad they gummed up his computer.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

They're out of frozen orange chicken, what are some other good frozen emergency dinners?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I buy small jars of pesto and end up throwing half of it away. I guess I need to eat more pesto.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

pentyne posted:

How are the vacuum cleaners at Costco?

For what a good one costs I'm not really willing to order online; I need a storefront I could return it to if it's not up to spec.

I didn't buy from Costco but I will say I love my Miele and I think bagless vacuums are crap.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I bought that $300 HP last year and it sucked rear end. It broke, and I had to buy an extended warranty to get priority so it didn't take 6 weeks to get it back from repair. Then the screen broke a few months later for no reason. Never buy HP, and if you do don't buy a warranty because you're just better off tossing it in the trash and buying another.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Self check-out is for two situations: you have a few items, or you have small children.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

ShowTime posted:

I think if you've ever shopped at Lowes/Home Depot, you know how rare it is for even a single employee to offer assistance.

Thank you for this life hack.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

priznat posted:

I want costco to just slap rfid labels on everything so I just walk through some arch that scans everything and irradiates me with EMF and charges my card automatically so I don’t have to unload my cart or interact with another human, is that too much to ask?!?

Didn't the Amazon stores do this? How did that work out?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Trastion posted:

You need to get the Costco credit card. Save yourself even more time because it is also your Membership card and you don't have to insert it to pay, just tap it to the top of the CC machine while they are still scanning your items. The receipt usually prints before they can tell you the total you already paid...

Also the gas pumps now have tap to pay so you save time there too. Tap and it does both the membership and pay part all at once.

I now go to my local CO for gas Friday Morning on my way into work. Never have to wait in line and it takes me 5 minutes to get my gas. Good for the weekend, usually.

I have nothing against tap to pay, but if you don't have time in your life to take a card out of your wallet you are going to have a heart attack in your forties.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My electric kettle that I got 1 1/2 years ago at Costco just stopped working :mad:

Maybe it needs more electricity.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've electrocuted myself and now haunt the broken electric kettle as a ghost, thanks

That's only covered under warranty if you bought it with the Costco card.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Where the hell is my chocolate granola? :mad:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Asking this will just prompt people to repeat Costco's company line "we are helping you not forget merch or you being double charged"

I can confirm based on a checking lady who mumbled everything she checked out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

thathonkey posted:

oil changes have crept up from the 60-75$ range to 100+$. it can be rewarding to do your own work

I wonder why that is