Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SEXY... defines my posts and my ride

Imagine all the dogs you could get though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Guys, my girlfriend claims to love hot dogs but hates both corndogs and Costco dogs.

What I'm getting at is, does anyone know of any good deals on new girlfriends at Costco?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's 2020 calories right there. Not including the soda which is probably another 250.

:getin:
So, 2020 calorie challenge for 2020 New Years? Let's all do it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Rodney The Yam II posted:

I went to check in on the hams today

The Jamons don't deserve this! The horror
Looks like the mites did a number on those ham boxes

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Any olive oil experts know some nitty gritty details about Kirkland olive oil?

My girlfriend got all intense about how most olive oil sold in the US is old and rancid (which I don't really doubt), and last time I went to church I was unable to get the Kirkland brand I normally get. She's very suspicious of the Kirkland Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil (not the organic one) I picked up, mostly because it doesn't have a harvest/press date or whatever. Does anyone know if I can use the information on the bottle (lot number, product number, etc.) to find out its date info?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i am harry posted:

She watched "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" didn't she. My advice would be to just switch over to avocado oil. It's better and doesn't have to "come from italy"
Haha oddly she is actually allergic to avocado. But yes, she read and watched that I think, and got really into the subject for a little while. I know the Kirkland stuff is supposed to be pretty good, and I think it actually comes from Italy! But I was just hoping there would be a way to find more info about the dates; we'll definitely taste it too but the date would be a good way for me to convince her to just get that stuff because it's good enough.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

if you read the link posted earlier, you will see the author/star of the book/movie saying that kirkland olive oil is one of the best you can get in the us
All of these articles always refer specifically to the organic one, I'm talkin' non-organic. I have no idea if that actually matters at all. I agree that it's probably really good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

thankfully it is a 420.69 joke, not some weird 1488 joke

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Slather that 70 inch TV in bitchin sauce

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

just lol if you don't use Bitchin Sauce as a shampoo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Finally got some of the super premium vanilla ice cream, it's great...

Also finally picked up some peanut butter pretzels, they're still great as always...

Then I put the peanut butter pretzels in my ice cream. :getin:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

One of our cats has claimed one of last years Monte & Jardin sherpa blankets, so guess I'm in the market for another now. She's been permanently camped out on one for the past few weeks.

yo wtf, your beautiful cat looks exactly like my beautiful cat!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Re-quoting to share my similar, and also beautiful, cat, who has come to love a costco blanket too.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've always heard you should just keep the outer layer of jamon as you're cutting pieces off, and kinda lay it back on the exposed section to re-cover it when you're done.

jamon.com says:

quote:

Store your whole, bone-in jamůn in a cool, dry and ventilated place, either resting in a holder (jamonero) or hung by the rope. To preserve the freshness, moisture and flavor of your ham as it is consumed, always cover the sliced area with plastic wrap or a bit of the removed fat layer after slicing. If the meat has been left exposed to the air for some time, discard the first slice of the exposed area, as it will be dry and tough.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RoastBeef posted:

The deadline to eat the one I bought last year (which was long ago consumed) has not actually passed yet - it was either February or March 2021.
sure, let's all trust RoastBeef on how to handle our ham

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Gagís on them, I donít use them for my already sparkly clean rear end.

Half go to the kidís school and half have a specific purpose for household needs.
this just raises further questions tbh

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Plastik posted:

It's wiping a dog's rear end, guys. He's wiping a dog's rear end. I know other people who do it too, and there's no stopping it.
Hey cmon, some chonky cats need help too

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Smugworth posted:

Do you even realize how many monkeys it takes to kill a full grown cow?
Excuse me, I prefer baby cows. And I have baby monkeys kill them.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

I'm addicted to unsalted cashews.
Really hosed up how they make the monkeys pick the salt off one crystal at a time.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's not nonsense. The fact that Costco already keeps track of the identity of members means they have a better chance of being able to enforce long-term consequences for stuff like refusing to wear a mask. It's not like, automatically an easy process because of that, but Walmart people would be more likely to just be able to keep going to other Walmarts and stuff.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm just saying Costco has more leverage to persuade them.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

lol man i remember this fat slob. that was like 5 years ago right?
at least 5 hams ago

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

wrt this premade food debate I think I can cut to the chase: Gaius is implying that Costco sells things that are a waste of money, therefore he should be banned

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

Murder someone with it then eat the evidence.

The perfect crime.
Not sure what cannibalism has to do with ham but ok

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hed posted:

one $227 Costco trip later I have successfully picked up the $0.55 medication from the pharmacy
But did you pick up the $1.50 medication from the food court?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

the a-sha hakka is definitely 10000000000000000000000% better than the a-sha tainen, wahtever you do, don't get the tainen noodles.
I'm quite ignorant when it comes to noods, but what's so bad about the tainan noodles? I found them simple and pleasant; they're not blowing my mind but they also don't feel as aggressively oversalted as a lot of brands and leave me feeling just fine after.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Anyone tried these dried dates with a walnut inside? (not finding them on costco's website, so I dunno how commonly stocked they might be) I'm usually annoyed by individually wrapped snacks but I'm loving them! Very nice combo of crunchy and soft; some of the bags are ridiculously hard to open, but they're actually staying fresh for a long time so I'm ok with it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I haven't traveled, and I don't buy gas since I own EVs. That's all from feeding & mostly clothing my family.
So you left your family only mostly clothed??

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Tell that to my uncle Linguini Del Mar who came over from Sicily so we took him to the Olive Garden
And on that day he finally became part of the family

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Costco: It's very easy to marinate yourself

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Psh, it's easy to get them to let you pump your own gas in Oregon.

All you have to do is pull up to the station during a road trip at the exact moment it turns out you need to call an ambulance for the security guard who's having seizures and the cashier dude is clearly freaking the hell out and in too much shock so he just mumbles that you can go do it yourself while he calls his boss.

And then you actually do spill gas all over your hands because it turns out they use the oldest shittiest pumps imaginable.

Why yes this did happen to me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I swear, I'm a perfectly competent gas pumper in states with normal modern pumps!! I didn't spill much but enough that my hands smelled for a while after, and it made me wonder if this whole law was actually some stupid way for gas stations to avoid having to modernize their equipment or something.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Lindt pistachio milk chocolate balls are pretty great, but I'm also a heathen who's into their matcha white chocolate balls too so maybe I can't be trusted.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gotta breathalyze him for sodium content

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Coredump posted:

You can fart into them op.
Was I not supposed to be farting into my other pillows..?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat that frozen orange chicken really is good. The 2 bags are pretty huge for an individual but it keeps great for leftovers too. I got a rice cooker recently and it's awesome to have a dinner costing like $2.50 that I'm really excited about.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maybe that kinda poo poo flies at Sam's Club... I don't know, and frankly I don't want to.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

fischtick posted:

We have a Chicago cutlery block of knives and while nice, the only knife that gets ANY action is the bread knife.
Do you only eat bread?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

TurdBurgles posted:

Dude whoever recommended that orange chicken was on the ball. I made em up and gave some unsauced ones to the kiddos and now they are their favorite nuggets!
What are you gonna do with the extra sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Renegret posted:

Dinner today is frozen spinach ravioli.

The "gently caress it, I don't know what else to cook" dinner of choice since the days of Price Club.
Try heating it up, makes it even better!

(mine is probably frozen chicken tenders and then later a frozen corn dog)