Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just recently joined Costco and these Kirkland khakis have some loving cavernous pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Can I buy a cheap handheld clothes steamer from Costco? I'm still learning what they have and don't have at an average store.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm a recent member, though the Costco I like is far enough of a drive that I wouldn't go there unless I was in the area or there was a definite something there I wanted. I thought why not ask that question on the off chance someone knew the answer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Our Costco is near a movie theater so if you really want to be a cheapo scumbag you can stop in to the food court on your way, purchase a few 25¢ bottles of water, and smuggle them in. No membership required.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I love the idea of Kirkland brand cash being really sturdy and nondescript.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yesterday was at the Costco in the 6 o clock hour and the lines were awful. In the one I chose, this lady was buying tons of stuff, and when she got up to the register, someone appeared wheeling up another corner store's worth of crap that was part of her purchase somehow. Everybody in line groaned and grumbled. So they opened another register right next door and moved us all over, just to be awesome. I paid for my two things while watching the lady from the original lane carefully counting out the hundreds of dollars in ones, fives, and tens that she was using for her monster purchase.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Haverchuck posted:

one cruise line banned bottled water beause everybody was smuggling booze on board

Yeah you can pop the entire cap off without breaking the seal, empty it, refill it with vodka, recap it, and no one's the wiser.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I got my membership for two new tires and two new pairs of glasses. Paid for itself.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What exactly is a "chicken bake" again?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I got the Kirkland vodka for the first time, there were two tiers and I went for the more expensive one and some very normal looking old grandma lady in the line was telling me how the less expensive one was actually really good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It was a 6/7 dollar difference for a full handle, yes. The fancy bottle is a little much.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I mean "much" in the sense of it is a huge ostentatious glass bottle that looks just ridiculous.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My location (Montreal) only takes Mastercard. (and whatever card they try and sign you up for).

How's your store in Montreal? I might be going there for a few days vacation and hearing about a sweet foreign (to me) Costco might just be the deciding factor.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Black August posted:

Look, here, calm the hell down, here it is. This is it. It's a pretty sizeable burger. Got the sauce on the side. It was some kind of darker and more granular thousand island. As far as a burger goes it gets a solid A-. Basically a Costco Big Mac. Linked for UNFILTERED SHEER BURG SIZE.

http://i.imgur.com/avSBhSH.jpg

That lettuce looks pretty decent. An unsung hero in the burg wars, good lettuce.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Spoondick posted:

like 50 years ago companies were more into taking care of their employees because they figured it would lead to more motivated and loyal employees, less turnover and training costs and higher productivity, but then some executives and investors started thinking "hey if we gently caress over our employees we can keep more money" and their competitors were like "hey, we should do that too" and now costco is an anomaly

Essentially what's come out of thousands upon thousands of hours of data analysis is that employees in a retail business are more able and willing to respond to consumer trends from the bottom up as long as they're paid at least as much as the lowest end of decent. Lower than that you're just turning your people into animals and constantly reacting to the management trend that corporate executives read about in a magazine 3-5 years ago. Costco pays enough that this paradigm is unleashed and also their particular business model responds well to its actuation.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pay your employees enough that they don't spend their whole shift worrying about how they are going to feed and clothe their families like contestants in a sick dystopian gameshow and they do a better job, who the gently caress could have imagined that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The one poster never told me how the Montreal Costco was.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Has anyone else taken advantage of the MoviePass deal?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

They're selling a year's subscription to MoviePass for $90. It's a service that lets you see a movie in theaters every day for a monthly fee. A year's worth of movies in the theater for $90 is a pretty goshdarn good deal.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What? You can easily spend $25+ seeing a single movie if you get popcorn and a soda.

Truly this blessing can't be bestowed upon us.

I can act like a big man and buy huge quantities of popcorn and soda with a debonair profligacy now that I've already paid for my movie tickets for the entire year of 2018. And it only cost me 90 bucks. Praise Costco!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

Did they change how they do things at all? Moviepass sounds great but I feel like it's thrown out instantly the moment you want to go to the movies with another person because you can only buy one ticket. I also go to a theater where it's reserved seating and everybody buys days/weeks in advance, meaning I'd have to drive outside the theater and check in or whatever like weeks out.

I have strange off days, so do my friends. We don't usually go to the movies on weekend nights. Also I don't mind going alone, it's a fine activity for a hungover afternoon. Even reserved seat theaters I'm not buying a ticket in advance. That's why it's fine for me, though I can understand it's not for everyone.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have a sneaking suspicion they're trying to go the time-honored route of "get customers, become part of people's lives, then jack up the price" which is another reason I went for the deal.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Whitefish salad on bagel chips with fresh onion is a pro snack.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Taima posted:

Please don't live paycheck to paycheck it's really dumb

I wasn't aware I had a choice in the matter.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i wonder how tcc you could get in costco. costco gettin you high

Kirkland brand weed would be so dank for the price.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I just got a new tire at Costco and had a really bad experience. The hot dog was good of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Truly the land of the blessed.

When I went to Costco in Montreal they had free samples of beer and that's when I truly knew I was in a foreign country.