Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think I've had to return anything to costco...

Bought a kitchen sink/faucet combo, found out the sprayer arm button was broken after everything was installed. We couldn't easily uninstall the whole thing to take it back so I took the broken nozzle back. The manager opened a brand new one, took out the nozzle and sent me in my way.

They have a drat fine return policy when you need it. I sure hope the completely fine sink isn't sitting in a landfill, just cause of a nozzle swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

when i'm done with mine i wheel it to the sam's club just to show those neanderthals what's what.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

First of May posted:

Can confirm the tikka masala naanwiches are delicious.

Been buying the sukhis tikka meat and the mini naan bread pack instead of these frozen dudes. End up getting twice as much food for nearly the same cost.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Also I had the al pastor salad today. I was disappointed. I've been cutting down on meat, so I was excited about having a Costco meal that wasnt just the cheese pizza.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

I have a question on refill etiquette. Let's say I purchase two hotdogs, one for me and one for someone who only drinks water. Both come with the a soda. Is it uncouth if I get 3 fills of soda, counting the second soda I purchased for my dining partner as an additional refill?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do different costcos have different things in stock or is it all the same?

The entrance to Costco is a temporal vortex that funnels all who enter to THE Costco. Read your membership pamphlet.

e: mostly it's the regional stuff that will change: beer, some produce, liquor (depending on laws). You'll still find mostly the same kirkland fare, bakery stuff, and name brand items.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 17, 2018

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

AWarmBody posted:

What do you all use the large jars of pesto for? I keep seeing them, and I'm so tempted to buy it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to use it all

Mini naan, sliced fresh tomato, mozzarella, pesto. Cheap mini pizza, all Costco.

Can of Kirkland's tomato sauce, a big ol' scoop of pesto, garlic. Cheaper than a jar of Prego.

Dip a string cheese in it for a quick snack.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

naem posted:

wait so they don't even have onions anymore? Not even behind the counter

Better pick up a 10lb bag of onions whole you're there, and get to choppin in the food court.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

I can't trust my wife to go to the co without me. The Scott brand institutional toilet paper (individually wrapped) was priced significantly less per roll than even the Kirkland's. It's single ply, and the worst tp I've ever encountered; I would donate it, but that seems like a punishment to whoever gets it. We're going to suffer through for the next 6 months.

Brothers, not every deal at Costco is the same, sometimes it's a curse. Heed my warning, don't let this fate befall your house! Buy Kirkland's tp.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/SamsClub/status/1017550709963669504?s=19

sams club trying to loss lead with polish to snatch up people pissed about the menu changes i guess, but my costco just ditched the al pastor salad for chili... so now i can have chili dogs

I swear when I was at Sam's they had polish.

Also gross if you have beans in you chili dogs.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

My Costco had some cape cod chicken salad for 2 weeks, and no more. I asked, and they're not getting any more. It was so good, I'm so bummed.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Al pastor salad is gone. Got chili and a churro. I'm dipping the churro in the chili.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

durrneez posted:

Is it.... good?

This sounds so weird that it arcs to delicious.

Spicy and salty + sweet and carby. Yeah it's good.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

anyone put chili on a dog yet?

It's not that good

If you're looking to pair a menu item with the chili, I'll repeat from a previous post: churro and chili is good.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

I had a dog with sauerkraut and onions that I cranked out of their steel vault today. With a nice line of mustard down the middle. PBUC.

Yellow or deli style mustard?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

How many people? My go to is buy a few big things of different fancy cheeses (one soft and one hard at least), french bread, almonds, dates and figs all from costco. Cut it all up, put it out on a couple wood cutting boards, add some sort of olives or pickles (banana peppers is my usual, but that's not from the co). Give them all little plates.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

priznat posted:

Don’t know if costco takes the old ones, possibly but we have a few free drop off locations for old batteries here too.

They gave me a credit when I brought the old battery in to recycle.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I went to Costco yesterday and noticed that they have the nice, quilted double-ply Kirkland toilet paper in the bathrooms. Truly a blessed place.

After the disaster that was the Scots brand half ply tp my wife got last year at Costco, I bought the nice kirklands stuff. It lasted probably half as long though, and my wife is considering switching back. Save me brothers.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

E. Quote is not edit

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Everyone raved about the Normandy Blend and Pub Mix and those were not very good.

I'll agree about the pub mix, but normandy is completely dependant on how to prepare it, and you gotta bake that poo poo.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Costco is pretty good at hiding shortages I notice. When something has been sold out due to Corona virus hoarding they just move other stuff into its place and pretend it was never there.

the wine section was encroaching on the produce area over the weekend. no potatoes, onions, bananas, and only one kind of tomato, but plenty of pinot.

also eggs were out, i ended up getting the cartons of egg whites. i have to wonder how many people are going to be sitting with dozens of rotten eggs in a couple weeks?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Mandalay posted:

Just went tonight. Costco are limiting the number of people who can go inside at once in order to encourage social distancing. Line outside even at 8:20pm right before closing.

Employees seemed nervous. I don’t know if Costco will stay open if things get worse.

are there no other stores around that aren't that bananas, or are people just that committed to deals?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Weird they named your city after what I do for a living

urology?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

costco's one fault is the number of products that produce a lot more waste than their sams counterpart. like applesauce, costco only has individual pouches, while sam's sells big containers. also sams sells fruit in big and little recyclable cans, while costco only has a box of individual plastic fruit cups.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

it makes a pretty neat bludgeon

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

might be good in something like carbonara, where it's not the star of the dish. you might have to add some fats to cook it in.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

time to tear up my costco card, i guess.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

peanut butter urethra cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Is the cordless stick vacuum that costco sells any good?

I heard it sucks