Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Went to Costco for the first time since March today and it felt like getting my soul back in alignment. We visited every aisle and I can’t for the life of me imagine there is that much demand for jalapeño cheddar bagels but what do I know I’m not an internationally successful wholesaler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Anyone have any strong feedback about this frozen pizza?

Its Quebeckish which is a strike both for and against in my mind, so i passed but now have late night regrets

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Alan Smithee posted:

where are you

Costco Toronto/North York

Im sure if I lived closer to a major city like Cornwall Ontario I could get:

Which my kids would actually love a five meat pizza because they refuse to eat vegetable matter and I didn't want them to have to pick out the few atoms of onion and red pepper from the SUPERSTAR.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Enough of this hearsay! Mods please make Uncle Lizard buy his friend an account so we can deal directly with the source of these nylon gear pro dough accusations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cartoon Man posted:

Obviously didn’t eat the whole thing,

I assure you that it is in no way obvious to not consume an entire cheese tray in a single sitting.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

USA needs to wake up to the hip trend of huge tubs of salt beef and cotton bag-boiled duffs for dessert.

Cant get sick if you are living that high brine, long boil lifestyle.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Liveblog coming soon for my fist Toujours Mikes pizza SUPERSTAR pizza.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Toujours Mike's pizza SUPERSTAR pizza trip report.

Two for 17.99 CDN

After 17 minutes at 450 on the bottom rack of a gas oven atop the Toujours Mike's cooking sheet:

It was tasty and is very large by traditional frozen pizza standards. The mushrooms were a powerful flavour in the SUPERSTAR experience. Cheese was bountiful and very stretchy. I will probably buy this again when I want an upmarket frozen pie and not my usuals or the $2.50 per pie No Name bulk pep pizza.

Needless crust shot to see how the Toujours Mike's sheet did.

And no I don't ever use timg links thank you.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 29, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Minto Took posted:

I only see one pepperoni as well.

Shameful.

there was a rich layer of sub cheese pepperoni, which is the Quebec style, the singleton was a loosey found under the cardboard

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 29, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

canyoneer posted:

Costco in Spain has armed guards at the registers and at the jewelry display. It's weird

Costco.ca used to stock $900 jamon iberico hocks so I can only imagine the Fort Knox of acorn fed pork that is a Spanish Costco.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I want to get my wife the 249$ double mini basketball arcade game for her birthday but the hoops aren’t motorized and she’d get bored of it. When will Costco get a better arcade basketball machine supplier?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Husky boy seeing right through your gleeful consumerism.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You just eat it by the slice, no prep needed. You sit down, assign a hand to salami grease duty and you work through those hundred or so proper like.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

But did you get green valve stem caps to go with your nitrogen?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Forums law requires you to state how fatty you find the jerky and if your tastes run on the fatty or really fatty side of preference.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That bag loos filthy. What am I supposed to be seeing? A healthy cloud of well dispersed shrimp poo?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Takes real guts to say that in a thread full of people buying banjo skeletons

:getout:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I am the ideal candidate for buying an air fryer. My freezer fries bill is considerable. I prepare all manner of pre-fried chicken at all hours. I buy a shitload of par-fried food regularly. My wife even has one in our amazon account's saved for later list. I should own one.

But I cant get past that its all going to be cooked in this loving coffermaker looking thing with a cheap plastic fry holder drip coffee filter holder thing that should have been made instead in to action figures or coat hangers. I simply do not understand this technology.

Is that thing seriously just plastic? It can't be.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

Love spending hundreds of dollars, to have a useless piece of poo poo on my counter, so I can save three minutes cooking some frozen trash.

It's mind numbing seeing people waste money on things they don't need during a financial crisis because they're brains have been broken into only feeling happy when they spend money.

I'm going to spend the three quarters of a million dollars on this stove and heat my freezer fries on the french tops just to spite you.

https://ferrisrafauli.com/collections/fr-x-la-cornue/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

Those ovens are gorgeous.

Don't overlook the matching leather wrapped fume hood.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Just spite-bought an airfryer Gaius,

I REFUSE to learn any techniques other than a dump and shake for even distribution.

Gaius Marius posted:

Air fryers are for morons who'd rather piss away money than learn proper cooking technique

REFUSE!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lots of terrible opinions on multi use appliances that require you to learn TECHNIQUE

I bought an egg steamer because boiling water is just too many variables.

Give in to a kitchen full of single use electrics and you can shut off your brain and just be a food robot that gets consistent results.

As soon as Amazon or Costco stocks an electric bean frencher, I'm right there on it. Consistently frenched beans every drat time.

Electrify that poo poo!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I was a little rash back there. I am wholly willing to reconsider my position if someone wants to gift me a 3-in-1 Breakfast Station.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

California has no business curing salami. None.

I'd eat salami from any other state before I touch "Calami"

UPS's internal workings are like the eye of terror for packages. Its a grimoire symphony of package hate. Fedex to their credit just dosent want to transport boxes, only their precious $89.99 branded envelopes containing next-day by 8-am contracts and legal letters, and will offload them to unrelated company FedEx Ground. UPS actively hates packages.

Pitney Bowes isn't a carrier of anything and lol if your company got scammed by their collegeboy gelled hair creep sales man into thinking the are capable of anything other than basic franking and leasing out envelope moistening systems at what you'd pay for a minicomputer.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Chinatown posted:

lol what a weird take. theres lots of good cured meat from California. Columbus is a good brand. Unless you're some artisinal charcutherie snob.

Why did you edit out that list of San Fran badmeats purveyors from your original post?

Ripping off goldrush miners with unshaven pork skin and offal mixed with goldpan tailings is no way to found a reputable salamateria.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sorry folks I'm just working through my stages of grief that The Sussexes Harry and Megan left Canada for California.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ultimate Mango posted:

Not premium. SUPER PREMIUM. it’s like some kind of official ice cream grade

All my ice cream is graded "near mint"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is bitchinsauce in Costco Canada?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Just got back with some serviceable Instant pho and a ton of Kirkland infant formula.

A samples guy was standing behind a plexiglass barrier with a small sad plate of tiny Kirkland frozen pizza slices. I asked for a sample. He said it was display only. I wanted to say those grapes are probably sour anyway but that poor guy had to spend all day fending off the sort person that handles rejection badly

The pizza SUPERSTAR pizza was down to just two boxes left and I took that to be directly related to my power as an influencer.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

toplitzin posted:

Chicago Mix is great!

The only good food to come out of Chicago.

Because breaded lasagna and sport peppers are sub par.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yes but they pronounce the 't' like a 'w'.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My new air fryer is loved like an extra child in the family. Thank you, Costco thread.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its not $300 but you can't put a price tag on good self care.

https://www.costco.ca/eurodib-30-unit-hot-dog-roller.product.100104478.html

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Got a new s20+phone and another byod line with the free Bluetooth earbuds, car charger and $100 Costco cash card from the wireless kiosk. After we agreed to two plans and prices, the guy kept dropping the plan prices as he was setting up the accounts Saving $400 over the plan life. Very nice experience.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Very protected. Ever seen stairs in a Costco? Hell no.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

Also avoid the bakery completely, the deli for everything except the chicken, and the foodcourt. All of em are total wastes of money. There's nothing they're doing that you can't do better at home.

Yeah waste your whole weekend tearing open sausage casings and fighting the laws of physics to fold cold butter croissants.

Great use of your fleeting free time to save 7% annually on your sausage and croissant dollar.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

Making homemade croissant dough is easy and rewarding, it freezes reasonably well and you can make plain croissant or pain au chocolat. Hell you can get that good Kerry gold butter at Costco. Cooking and baking aren't chores. They're rewarding experiences that allow you to express yourself creatively and really put your passion into creating the best possible finished product you can.

lol air fryer go whrrrrrrr

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The changes mean that aged-out Price is Right spokesmodels now have an easy career transition into their golden years. Not easy to spend long hours pointing at a well priced box of dinty Moore rice in front of the teeming masses

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cartoon Man posted:

So there was a couple in front of me at the checkout line causing a delay while they fetch a manager. Apparently they “always were able to use their dad’s membership card to buy things for him”, but today Costco said no. Never did see the resolution, they were able to get me through by scanning everything in my cart while the problem couple’s food sat on the conveyor belt.

I went to member service desk last month to get a spouse card as my wife was immobilized and since she wasn't there they couldn't give me one, but the manager told me not to bother and just use her card. I didn't ask why but it seemed like it was something they weren't currently enforcing because of covid. I look nothing at all like my wife and they were right it just worked every time. This was costco canada though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I once had a single can of LaCroix on back order from Amazon for 3 months and they gave up and cancelled it.

I feel that is the ultimate LaCroix experience.