Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Krusty bleeding on all that edge...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I have given my wife the gift of the sherpa, and she is now warm for the first time in her life.

PBUC

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

My faith wavered this week as my warehouse had neither bacon nor the yogurt the kids like in stock, but the visage of Sgt. Chowdown with his dog of unknown weight and beverage without a refill was surely sent as a sign to keep my faith strong. PBUC

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kids probably

Not an emptyquote.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Yea, bretheren, my faith is strong, and I gave a mighty tithe at the local church today, but the father, in his wisdom, seems to have abandoned Yoplait yogurt for multiple varieties of fashionable Greek yogurt. Are other churches following? Does the church now solely favor the Greek Yogurt Orthodoxy?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

ArbitraryC posted:

The design is obviously so they can stack em more efficiently in their shipping trucks.
It's more rectangular/cylindrical and less jug- like shape fits more efficiently in my fridge, so suck it, I like it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Those of you who have used optical: I get $x towards contacts with my vision insurance (which the doctor at my Costco doesn't take). Will Costco optical deal with insurance for me if I buy contacts through them, or do I have to deal with reimbursement myself?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Tim Whatley posted:

Holy poo poo big shoutout to those recommending the optical department.

I paid $190 total for new frames and 45 days worth of contact lenses. (Probably will buy lenses elsewhere after since Costco doesn't take my insurance) but even the frames alone were beyond worth it without using my benefits.

PBUCCCCCC

$120 for glasses here. Ordered at 4pm Saturday. Got the text that they are ready this evening. PBUC

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
My state controls alcohol prices and only sells liquor in state stores, so all the Costco beer selections here are poo poo. Also, no handles of high quality $20 scotch for me.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Hypnolobster posted:

Also Ohio. No Costco liquor for me.

This.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Clamps McGraw posted:

This is the Daddest post ever

Only if he got those $18 sandals too.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Chinatown posted:

eat a whole costco pizza in one sitting and you can get that for $9.99!!! PBUC!!!

The heart may die before the rear end.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Have learned to accept soviet style shopping at Costco. More than once I have been thrilled by some cheap and awesome thing only to never see it again.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Not to blaspheme, but I'm thinkin' bout the veggie burgers and chicken tenders that suddenly were ghosted from the frozen section when I went on Friday.

I generally love Costco, but hate the way they carry things on and off.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
They had Morningstar spicy Chipotle black bean patties. They are awesome. Now they have some organic bullshit plain veggieburgers.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I am struggling with the faith today. Went yesterday and they were out of/no longer carry several long-standing favorites, the optical area basically threw up their hands at my unusable glasses (way distorted vision and seeing text double at close range. The optician says the prescription is fine and to take it up with my optician), and despite checking out on it the app never actually sent the 100 photos I wanted printed. Between that and the sweaty hoardes that were somehow there at 2:00 on a Thursday, I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

And like Eat Faster, I've become mostly veg so communion is useless to me.

Save my soul, goons.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I know the thread generally is pro the extended warranty on electronics, but is it worth it for appliances?

I'm getting a washer/dryer combo and the warranty is about 8% of the total price to cover years 3-5. That doesn't seem like a time when things go wrong with them (bathtub graph for failures/problems and all).

Still worth it?

Edit: Wait, using the costco visa to purchase, so that gives me 4 years before the squaretrade kicks in, right? Maybe it's worth it to be covered in years 5-7.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 21, 2018

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

revmoo posted:

How do we know that? I made it all the way to the very end of the process on two different items and it just said something like "error, call customer service"

Because they have a history of crazy poo poo like this on black Friday.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Chinatown posted:

If you're gonna buy bourbon to mix just get the giant bottle of Jim Beam Evan Williams. Its a really good deal.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Chinatown posted:

they have that at your costco? lucky motherfucker

No, no. I live in a state with state liquor stores. I get none of the glorious booze. Just making a general statement.

Edit: we also have state prices on beer and wine, making the co kind of useless for alcohol.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
US up there with a bunch of countries that consider spam a food group. Rock on.

Related: Just saw a 10 (12?) pack of spam at the church and wondered who in the hell needs that much spam.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Went to the church today and got a Samsung tv that has dead pixel lines. Kinda pissed off about this. Will take it back in the morning for a no fuss exchange, but still...

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Taima posted:

Who are you mad at in this transaction? A very low percentage of consumer products are defective and it's literally no one's fault because the only thing with a 0% chance of failure is our own cold, unceremonious death
I'm an old man, so the clouds?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh god please do this. :pray:
Sometimes you must challenge the church to force needed change. . .

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

13Pandora13 posted:

grandma.zip and grandpa.zip
Jesus, that just made me snort bourbon. Raising my glass (and potentially some snot) to grandma and grandpa.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Need to get TP, salmon dip, and a ham. Will I die if I go to the 'co tomorrow?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

FogHelmut posted:

Talking to my three year old about how he's going to be a big brother soon. He said he would teach his new brother how to get samples at Costco.

Kid has his priorities straight. Quality parenting. Congratulations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
My church has a line 1/3 to the back of the store. My faith is weak because I hosed up and went at 1130 on Saturday.

Edit: cashed out in 11 minutes. It's a miracle.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 29, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Renegret posted:

The first person I saw when pulling into the parking lot had 12 bags of dog food
poo poo. I only bought 1. My dog is going to starve.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

large hands posted:

poo poo I've got like 4 Honeywell half-face respirators with p100 cartridges from years of working construction. Might freak people out at the grocery store though...

Yeah, I wore my p100 mask in Costco over the weekend and nobody batted an eye.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I've gone twice since this poo poo started, both in the afternoon, and both times the place was far too crowded for comfort.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

JK Fresco posted:

Go on weekdays imo

Those were weekdays. Lots of retirees. Kind of frustrating given reports of emptiness here. But maybe I'm just in a high demand area or something.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Anybody seeing/not seeing chicken breasts, either the fresh ones in the meat case or the frozen ones? Running low on them and wondering if it's worth a trip built around them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Back before I had kids and had time to obsess about food, I would fire up my charcoal chimney as a jet engine then put the pan on top of it when it was at full roar to heat the poo poo out of a wok or cast iron pan, and could sear the bejesus out of a steak super quickly. I highly recommend it.

And also, just as a way to start your charcoal. You never run out of chimney, unlike lighter fluid.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Went to the pharmacy to get my refill of meds-cheaper with Costco prices and the GoodRX coupon (which they apply automatically) than with my poo poo insurance.
Do you, or does anyone, know if they play the standard gently caress gently caress games with insurance, or will things just be cheaper there? Have a family member just diagnosed with diabetes and is looking at some painful expenses for supplies and insulin. Don't have a ton of experience with pharmacies other than the occasional painkiller and antibiotic, but from what I have seen prices appear to be largely made up when insurance is involved, I'm wondering if their retail prices are cheaper if their prices with insurance will also be cheaper.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Cheap coffee brewed wicked strong in a percolator has its charms. But brewed regularly, it sucks.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Those are awesome. I get one every trip.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Sure, but they just won't have the taste of small-farm, heirloom, monkey harvested coconuts.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

killer crane posted:

costco's one fault is the number of products that produce a lot more waste than their sams counterpart. like applesauce, costco only has individual pouches, while sam's sells big containers. also sams sells fruit in big and little recyclable cans, while costco only has a box of individual plastic fruit cups.
This very much bugs me about costco. A lot of stuff, especially food, feels more like "six regular consumer units put in a big outer box" than "a large foodservice package" if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
How crowded is the church right after Xmas? The TV we got my daughter is completely hosed so I need to do a return sooner rather than later, but also, covid and crowds are bad.