Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I recently bought like 200 bucks of snow crab from Costco and a couple tubs of Chef Shamy's garlic butter:

https://butter.chefshamy.com/

Good lord I tore that rear end apart. It was sick and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Snowmankilla posted:

Has anyone ever used the Costco Auto program? I am looking to pick up a Personal Water Craft and would love to save as much money as possible. Anyone had any experiences?

I used it quite some time ago to buy my ($40k but now paid off!) truck. I wouldn't expect any miracles, but you can go into the dealership knowing that they will quote you a solid price without any hassles about financing or extras. Now - the dealership /will/ try to sell you extras and they /will/ try to push you into finance, but due to their contract with Costco they will initially tell you the price and move on from there. Just stick to the price and hopefully you brought your own financing.

Not sure if that helps, but for me it was great because I didn't have to haggle on the cost. I knew the number they had contractually negotiated with Costco so I didn't feel like I was wading through bullshit.

I had to say no to about a million extras though so you still get the dealership "experience".

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

MisterOblivious posted:

The logs of goat cheese are a god drat steal. If you like soft eggs mix it in with your scrambled eggs or omelet, it's loving amazing. Plus, chives grow like weeds so plant some chives so you can chop them up fresh. Hell, dry them out for year round use and soften them up with some butter in the pan beforehand. Even the flowers! It'll blow your mind how much better goat cheese and chive eggs are than whatever random cheese you've been using.

Kirkland Parmigiano Reggiano will freak you out if you've never had an imported parmesan cheese at affordable prices.

Also, Cabot cheddar is waaaaaaay better than Tillmahook if you like it sharp.
I just bought two logs of goat cheese from Costco today (yesterday). Holy poo poo it's amazing.

Trader Joe's still has better cheese and I'll take that to my grave. But Costco just slaughtered them with goats and their cheese-making ability.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
If you want to start a real low-carb diet, do it the right way. Buy four packs of Kirkland Signature Beef Polish Sausage and an equivalent number of packs of precooked bacon. You will be on your way to a healthy diet as long as you eat nothing other than those two wonderful pre-packaged meats that are so full of nitrates and salt that you will basically preserve your body for the next millennia and when the space gods come down from above and wake you up from your sleep, tell them "Costco sent you".

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Costco tries to minimize expenses with an incredible supply chain and an entire warehouse/store full of impulse buys and consumer necessities. An express version of Costco that was automated and targeted would be one of the best things to ever happen. Quality milk, bread, and eggs on demand and real craft beer and a huge bottle of Kirkland Rum? Sign me up!

But they control costs via their gigantic warehouse stores. Something will eventually need to change with their distribution model as Amazon and Walmart are hot on their heels. A mix between Trader Joe's and Costco or a partnership - they might be able to rule the world.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Today I bought three rotisserie chickens from Costco. I'll deconstruct them for lunches, dinners, and general foodery. Make a chicken stock with the bones. Save the grease in the bottom of the pans for the dogs. Dog animal dogs not costco dog dogs. Dog coats are never as shiny as they are on Costco rotisserie chicken day(tm).

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
This thread should have started with a vote for the all-beef or the polish.

I'm honestly fairly neutral but ... argh. The polish overpowers the condiments yet the all-beef is fairly muted unless you load it up with some serious stuff like chili cheese or kraut and lots of mustard hrmmm..

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Teikanmi posted:

Heresy.

The all-beef would be amazing even without any toppings. Polishes are fine but only after you have and all-beef hot dog for 1.50 plus drink with refill.

I wish I was back there in the birth of the polish and the all-beef, because you would be looking at perfection in front of you and saying - "we will only charge 1.50 for each plus a small drink with refill" and I believe at that point in history, some human being/dyke/nincompoop started working on the condiments at the self-service table at costco and said "i want to make this as complicated as possible and I want the condiments to spill everywhere especially the onions."

I'd be less bitter if I didn't hate relish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Meydey posted:

I know a guy who worked at one of the original hot dog carts in the early 90's (Tukwila Costco #006). And yes I said carts because it started out as a cart. Was called Cafe 150.

Polish all the way. Nothing like burping 2 hours later and saying "Yep, had a polish dog"
This is one of those wonderful times where I am so happy that I have kept up with my somethingawful account for 17 years.

I think a polish needs peppers and onions cooked in oil, maybe a little yellow mustard, and an all-beef needs condiments galore or maybe just ketchup and mustard.

Kudos to the dude who worked the cart at Tukwila Costco #006. What a wonderful company with such incredible memories.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
For about 20 bucks you can get a pre-packaged treasure trove of carne asada under the Bill Bailey packaging. Please experience this package of extremely marinated flank steak and burn it with every fire you have available to you. I suggest cutting the fucker up with whatever instruments you have available before you burn it to oblivion.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
So Costco has single loaves of Greenlee Bakery's hand-made cinnamon bread for about 7 bucks.

Pan frying a piece in butter results in a consumption experience similar to an orgasm or at least a really lovely drip of cocaine.

Don't put them in the toaster or the toaster oven, they will set fire to something with their lessened viscosity and the ejaculation of flavor on the burner below. Make sure that happens in your mouth, not in a toaster.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Please experience the crab-stuffed salmon at least once in your life. It's so incredible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Fill your grey goose bottle with kirkland signature vodka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
a significant part of alcohol consumption is mental

a dirty martini with grey goose may taste different than one made with kirkland signature vodka (tm)