Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those Nongshim Blacks are dope. Both in cup and packet form. Latter is better.

Finally tried the Nongshim Tonkatsu bowl. The noodles were a bit weak and I had to toss in some extra heat, but would get again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I have procured the Bitchin sauce. And a poo poo ton of Anchor Steam.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Do it quickly so I can comment "Great recipe! but I changed the wagyu to pork, the tomatoes to mushrooms, the cream cheese to margarine, and noodles to potatoes. I kept the hoisin sauce! My husbo loves that stuff!"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

These crazy motherfuckers are selling 40 stroopwafels for $6. Same brand, same size costs goddamn $1.50 for one at 7-Eleven.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

humboldt fog is some great cheese and costco has it now at low prices pbuc

The Original American Original™?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sittin’ on the porch in muh rockin’ chair a-whittlin’ my jamon.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

redreader posted:

I'm free all day, what is the best time to go to costco in the range 11:30am - 3pm? I assume 11:30-1 would be bad because of the lunch rush, or is there no such thing? Is it just 'earlier is better'? I'm in the bay area if that means anything.

I always get there right near opening, but the one I got to in San Jose has a real lovely parking lot so that's mostly the reason way.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

redreader posted:

Senter or Coleman? I'm probably going to Senter today.

edit: ok thanks I'll use the bar chart. I looked at it for Trader Joe's a week or two ago and it said 'as busy as it gets' and there was no line and they let me right in. But maybe because TJ's is so small and the line goes around the block past other shops it confused google? Costco is just costco so it's probably more accurate.

edit 2: yeah mild variations with 12 being worse than 11 or 1 but so mild, I'll just go when I'm ready.

Almaden, further south. It's also next to a Trader Joe's which doesn't help the parking situation.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Got my 2 dozen eggs yesterday, a chicken, the new blender, the Oral-B electric toothbrushes, and these delicious bastards:

You'd think how salty they are would be enough to limit your intake, but no. No.

I've ripped through one of the bags of Soy Wasabi ones (Not 'stco sized) in about a week and that was probably a lethal dose of sodium.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

GAYIDS posted:

I went to Costco today and I ate a hot dog and washed it down with an iced tea for $1.50.

They won't let you put condiments on now because of COVID and just give you some mustard in a little to-go sauce cup, not even option for onions or relish which is heartbreaking

Paging Chinatown

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When's the last time y'all got a big thing of their 9000 calorie muffins? I ate a ton of those as a kid and I even remember they would feed them to us on the way to practice in the swim team.

Can't really imagine eating one of those these days.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Spinz posted:

I'm starting to get into this thread more because food is now the highlight of my entire life.
What my whole family really enjoys are those tamales you can get, there's like three flavors but we just like the cheese ones. They're only available sometimes and they're wrapped in a corn husk and they microwave up in 2 minutes wonderfully. It's like a frozen bag of 18 for like 20 bucks maybe?

Are those the ones in the cold area? I don't dig them as much as the frozen ones from Trader Joe's, but they're pretty good.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Here's some blessed Costco. When I went to one in Hawaii, which is ABSOLUTELY some of the best Costco goin' if you're lookin' for poké, I saw a gecko on a surfboard.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Have you heard a mourning gecko? Those motherfuckers can convince anyone to give 'em a membership.

Real fact: They're also like the frogs they talk about in Jurassic Park. They can spawn without needing a mate.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 21, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That street taco kit is pretty legit. It doesn't look like there's a lot there, but it fed my family of four with plenty leftover.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Xaris posted:

you're missing the giant box of Samyang Spicy Chicken Ramen Noodles that at least my costco carries.

poo poo is so good and has ruined all other dried ramen for me. i think it's the perfect spiciness too. i've tried the 2x and it's good but the 1x that costco sells is better for every-day eatings.

also the a-sha noodles are pretty drat bad* (mediocre)

Holy poo poo I'm jealous that your Stco has the samyang noodles. I went to an Hmart yesterday and immediately filled half my basket with them.

The Tokyo Chicken Morimoto noodles are fine, but the Tonkatsu one is where it's at. Can't recall if they have 'em at Costco.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Xaris posted:

maybe it's just my oven/stove but i find that true of virtually everything storebought.

this pasta cooks in 3 minutes? loving bullshit it's still hard as a rock in boiling water.

Rings true for me. Same with the timing on recipes that you find online. They always say some poo poo like "takes 30 minutes for prep and cooking" but that poo poo always takes like an hour and a half. We aren't all Kenji Lopez-Alt.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

i got a new Ninja blender for xmas. im back on the wagon and diet routine after the new years.

need to hit up the joint for bags of frozen fruit because its smoothie time pardner :clint:

You've also unlocked the easy road to dope marinades/sauces. Like this.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Yeah but they let you take decent pictures and not be assholes about it.

I see you too might have experienced trying to get a passport photo at Walgreens/CVS?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy crap. Is it normally pretty empty on Friday mornings? Just went and it was awesome.

Could have had something to do with the rain. people freak out when it rains in California.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

The Bark toys are so good.

My dog says free refills, bitch

(bonus sherpa)

Good dog. On related costco pet news: My cat is completely obsessed with the rotisserie chicken.

Like I'll give her a plate of leftover salmon bits and oil from a cutting board. She loses interest fast. Give her the same, but of a chicken? Completely clean. (I'm worried that there might be things in the brine that are bad for her so I only give her a pretty limited amount)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

If y'all like these and can find them at your churches. Get them. They are all the good parts without the lame poo poo like a lot of these rice cracker mixes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

toplitzin posted:

We started getting this b/c going to TJ's during Covid was too loving crazy as the only one near us is right next to the college campus.

Every TJ's I've been to always has aisles that are way too loving small and even during non-pandemic times I hate going there.

Although my local TJ's is right next to Costco so the choice is easy in that case.

I'd deff go for some TJ's orange chicken now, though.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I've never seen orange chicken at my church. I do like everything CrazyCuisine puts out and thank god they finally rebranded their packaging so it's not just... white poo poo.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Has anyone gotten the black garlic that they sell in a giant container? I always leer at it like a creeper looking at a lady on a subway train. But good lord that's... a lot of black garlic.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I think the part of keto that makes people lose weight is no beer. That being said I was doing it because I had just moved right next to some friends. One of them had a "dude you're about to get beetus" scare so I joined just because we were gonna be making food for each other a lot. It did actually get him way out of that phase or whatever. SOo that's my anecdote.

Anyways Pacific Gold jerky is good. But, yeah, if you need a jerky fix get that Big John's stuff that you can get from a goon on SA Mart. I've used that as a cheat code for christmas presents multiple years in a row.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

Did I miss jerky chat? Worth mentioning bigjohnsbeefjerky.com, someone mentioned it a few months back and I bought some and it was awesome. I find it's best to buy the small packages since I don't go through it fast enough to keep it from molding over (no preservatives I guess).

Also, I actually really really really love the lovely flat strips of jerky oberto does, especially the pepper variety. The stuff is impossible to find reliably though. Used to be my go to road trip snack but I never see it around anymore.

We did, but at least go to whatever thread he has on SA Mart because I think there's a coupon code there? (Or at least there was when I first bought stuff from him like.... 6 years ago)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

silence_kit posted:

I complained about this once on this website and received a lecture about how single mothers raising 12 kids and working 9 jobs don’t have time to return their shopping carts.

That's what one of the 12 goblins are good for.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Cabbot Extra Sharp Cheddar.

Tillamook is ok, I guess, in a pinch. You west coast folks don't know what you're missing out on.

It's me. The west coast person who gets a block of tillamook cheddar at every costco visit.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Also that thing can make you a dope pan grilled sandwich.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The ones that come in Mickey bags are alright. Kinda small.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Martman posted:

The Lindt pistachio milk chocolate balls are pretty great, but I'm also a heathen who's into their matcha white chocolate balls too so maybe I can't be trusted.
Can confirm these are good, but I'm also a heathen that likes white chocolate poo poo. Didn't know they had matcha stuff.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I cut my bread with a steel grill brush and I haven't pierced my intestines yet.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

You know what he’s going to do with the sauce.

Mix with vodka and soda water.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

RocketLunatic posted:

I heard about them in this thread and we finally found them in the desert aisle. We almost missed them. I have a mixed feeling about boba, though I like it. It’s different but it’s good.

Here’s an article about them:

https://www.mashed.com/296821/people-cant-stop-talking-about-these-boba-ice-cream-bars-at-costco/

I got some of these from an HMart and they kicked rear end. Knowing that Costco has them is dangerous information.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Folks losing ribs faster than Adam.

Dear citizens of Anchorage: Maybe don't have your car be 10 steps away from your cart.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I put Kakarots on my pizza.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fingering the ol' onion hole.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anyone tried those Daphne's gyro meat slices that are in the fridge section? Didn't get them, but might next time.

I did get the new tteokbokki & glass noodle bowls that were in the ramen section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

The best liquor is the cheapest bottom shelf vodka you can find mixed with lukewarm diet mtn dew

Only if the dew bottle has been half-empty and sitting on a windowsill for a week.