Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

FYI, the Kirkland branded protein bars are almost the same as Quest bars. They seem a little harder, but nothing a quick nuke can’t fix.

The only bad thing I’ve gotten at Costco was their Kirkland lobster bisque. Tasted overwhelmingly of sherry. Took it back no problem, of course.

A couple of months back, our Costco had packages fresh octopus. I swear my boyfriend and I were the only people who bought it, they had packages of the stuff for ages. Their loss, it was delicious. They had little two-packs of poke bowls once too. I really wish they’d come back. I mean, it was $12 for two tiny bowls, but the poke was delicious.

I remember seeing those jamon, but we didn’t pull the trigger due to the price. Was the delicious ham worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My Costco doesn’t have Bitchin Sauce, but it does have this stuff:

https://hopefoods.com/products/roasted-garlic-cashew-almond-dip

They had samples yesterday on warm naan and it won me over in one bite. Stupid good, hummus-ish. It’s like the much better sequel to hummus.

Also got a Sherpa on advice of the thread. The cats (and me) heartily approve. I got the queen and it’s huge, but now I’m wondering if I should have spent the extra $5 on the king. More Sherpa can’t be a bad thing.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Normandy blend is good except the veggie amounts are very inconsistent. Get through half the bag and it’s mostly just broccoli and cauliflower left. One time we got a bag and it was around 75% cauliflower.

Btw, the Kirkland toilet paper sucks. Don’t care how much it’s on sale. You might as well be buying Scott for how thin and flimsy it is. Pay the little extra for the Charmin or whatever. You’re worth it.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

We had rain and a windstorm with 30mph wind. And it was also around 40 degrees. Still got around 80 kids, which is less than normal but not terrible.

Speaking of which, stopped by the church today and tons of people were returning unopened things of Halloween candy. They had a shopping cart by the return counter nearly full of bags.

Oh, found a new great thing. Over by the jerky were these two packs of salami whips (like a long Slim Jim, only salami). They’re very tasty, absolutely awful for you (one whip has 21% of your daily saturated fat) and only $5 for the two pack. No idea why they’re so cheap, they seem high quality and you get quite a lot of them. All the pets in the house tried to assault me when I ate one, so it must be good stuff.

Edit: looks like amazon and world market sells one pack of the salami for around $6-$7 so Costco is totally a deal.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 2, 2019

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a name for that meat?

Piller's Old Forest Salami Whips from the brand Black Kassel. Here’s the listing on World Market’s website: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/pillers-old-forest-salami-whips.do

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

There is another brand of egg bites at my Costco with turkey sausage and cheese.

They taste pretty similar to the Starbucks ones except the second ingredient is yogurt. You get the cheese flavor combined with a very yogurty tang. They’re strange.

BF and I decided against the jamon again this year. We realized we really don’t have a place to put it where the cats could get at it. Don’t need them gnawing on our $100 ham.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I’m taking my car up to get my slowly leaking front tires repaired tomorrow. Appointment isn’t till 6pm so I’m hoping the Black Friday craziness has gone by then.

For those that have done car repair stuff at Costco before, are there parking spots on the side of the building near the bays or something? Is it required to get a dog while waiting?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Waiting to get my new tires installed, eating a dog. Overall pretty painless and not super busy here. The tire center guy seems like kind of a dick, but considering the date I’ll let it slide.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Best Christmas gift continues to be a gift card to re-up our membership from my parents. And this year they threw in an extra $100 to boot! That’s a lot of free dogs and sodas. PBUC

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Anybody have any comforter/sheets recommendations? I need a new set for our bed and they always seem to have a nice selection of high thread count sheets and down alternative comforters. Worth the price?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Soup talk: not a fan.

I actually returned the Lobster Bisque and it’s normally one of my favorite soups. Costco’s just tasted entirely of sherry. It was sweet in all the wrong ways. I was so disappointed.

The broccoli cheddar is okay. Every time I buy it, I think it tastes like it’s missing something on its own. After adding various things to it, I found it tasted the best with lots of black pepper and hot sauce. Otherwise it’s just kinda bland.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

If you want an even softer bed, add Costco’s fleece sheets to the mix. They’re basically just really thin fleece blankets and it’s just the best. They’re also only around $30 for a queen set, significantly cheaper than the sateen sheets they also carry.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

For those wanting a sherpa, mine has them close out for $13. I almost bought two.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Tried some refrigerated tonkotsu ramen that came in two packs for $8. Everything is really tasty besides the noodles. They have a very strange, almost undercooked-like texture that never seemed to change no matter how long I nuked it. Too bad too, the soup is good.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Went to the ‘co today to buy a new vacuum with my stimmy and they had some fancy “premium organic vanilla!” Ice cream sandwiches on sale.

Review: Vacuum is great and and $150 off currently (LG Cordzero stick).

Ice cream sandwiches are... can ice cream be bland? Like these advertise being premium and organic, but honestly the Skinny Cow ones taste way better for less calories. Disappointing.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Apologies if already talked about:

Has anyone tried the new Costco version of their ready-to-freeze vodka cocktail popsicles? They come in a resealable bag instead of a canister thing now. I bought some on Sunday morning and they have yet to freeze in our half-full freezer. I turned the freezer from “cold” to “colder” to see if that helps, but I assume it’s having issues due to the alcohol content.

I’m not above drinking vodka sugar water out of a plastic tube, but I would really prefer them to be popsicles...

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

All carbonated water tastes like metallic Co2 with a vague aftertaste of flavor. I was so sad to find this out because I love both water and carbonation. Combine the two and it’s just sadness all the way down.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My one dilemma with buying Costco variety packs of various things is there is always the one flavor nobody likes you always get stuck with. Looking at you, cherry yogurt.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

One time the ‘co had cases of the Shin Ramyun (the red kind) on an end cap. Didn’t end up buying it because we still had a few cups at home.

I’ve never seen it there again despite all the ramen varieties they currently stock. The Tonkotsu is pleasant enough for instant, but that Shin Ramyun... it’s too spicy for me but I still love it.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Anybody seen Sherpa blankets yet?

Damnit it’s fall and I need a new blanket. Screw it still being in the mid 80’s outside!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

It’s also way cheaper to buy green coffee beans and roast them yourself. Hell there are a ton of DIY roaster instructions online using popcorn poppers. The bf used those for around two years before buying an actual roaster. Just make sure you can do it outside. Roasting coffee smells a lot like burnt popcorn.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Just buy an electric kettle and an aeropress. Lasts forever, tastes good, pretty drat quick.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

If anybody needs a good gift for the office:

https://www.costco.com/popcornopoli....100009927.html

Super tasty and waaaay cheaper here than on Amazon or the company’s website! They had bags of the Zebra popcorn the last time we visited and we ate it way too fast. I don’t even really like caramel corn...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.