Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

I need Costco to have a good deal on a chest freezer so I can buy more stuff from Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I spent like 300$ today on Kirkland polo shirts and food. Those madras lentils are great I don't know how I've skipped over them for so long.

Praise be to Costco.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I went to Costco today to return a polo shirt I bought yesterday because it was the wrong size. I ended up buying another 150$ worth of food and clothing. I have a problem.

Praise be to Costco.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Pulled pork, pizza, and new bigger jeans?

Enjoy your giant Kirkland butt :twisted:

Body by Costco, fashion by Costco.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:

I'm on vacation on Iceland currently and was actually at the Costco on Thursday and confirm it was crazy. The membership line when I was there was like 300 people deep and growing. Costco had filled its parking lot and was starting to take over the nearby Bonus grocery store and IKEA parking lot.

The Costco itself is pretty similar to the ones in the states with some minor differences. Everything in Iceland is about 2-3 times more expensive than the US. They still have a food court and a gas station. The gas station was about 20 cents cheaper per liter than all the other gas stations in Iceland. We met a retired US army guy that was working as a gas station attendant and he was pretty cool. He moved back a few years ago when he retired because his wife is Icelandic. The food court was pretty good too. It's more expensive than US but still a good deal compared to rest of the island. Iceland has hot dog shacks everywhere that they are proud of but the Costco dog blows them away with 1/4 lb of tube meat goodness. Here is a pic of the food court (100kr = 1 USD)

edit: PBUC

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 29, 2017

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I can identify all of those things expect for Sveitabaka. What the hell is that? I don't think I can pronounce it, either.

I think it's a shepards pie

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
$4 for a dog? wow Iceland is some kind of hell punishment island, i'm really sorry

$4 was cheap compared to rest of the island prices. A little wiener Iceland dog was at least 4.50 everywhere else. The Iceland Costco food court didn't have a onion roller thing though.

edit: the rotisserie chicken was $12. About in line with everything else.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 29, 2017

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Cruisin' the 'stco on a Friday night :feelsgood:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

95% of my clothes have now come from Costco and I don't feel bad about it

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:stare: You feed your kids 10lbs of hot dogs a week? I mean, sure Kirkland Brand Hot Dogs are wonderful.... but I think you may be unknowingly murdering your children. Check out the produce section maybe.

lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

This week I found out that Costco sells crack

Holy poo poo these things are addictive. 170 calories per 5 pieces though :saddowns:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

Aww man they rotated the men's 32 Below stretchy men's shirts. For what? Kirkland White Cotton crew shirts. Sad!

I bought like 7 packs of those 32 cool shirts. They are great for wearing underneath my Kirkland polos :cool:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

JewKiller 3000 posted:

Picked up my Costco membership today and wandered around the store. Bought enough toilet paper to last at least a year. Also scored some of those Kirkland dark chocolate toasted coconut cashews mentioned upthread!

I hope you also stopped by the pharmacy to get some diabetes blood sugar test strips

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I'm eating a Costco dog right now (with free refill)

PBUC

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

Passed a Costco in Iceland last week. My question is, how could this be?

Stco goes against every principal os shopping in Iceland; namely that things must be bought in small quantities and be expensive as poo poo. Anyone ever been to this branch?

I was there like a week after it opened and apparently like 10% of the population of Iceland had already became members. I think anywhere you go people still want 100% all beef hot dogs (with refill) and a case of toilet paper at reasonable prices. The prices at Costco were still more expensive than US prices but a little cheaper than the rest of the island.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797869&perpage=40&pagenumber=71#post472821178

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 13, 2017

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

PBUC I didn't get a chance to go, shame on me.

How was the product selection? The whole thing is like the opposite of those BONUS stores.

Honestly it seemed pretty similar to the American Costco's with some Iceland stuff thrown in. The snack aisle had some kinder chocolate but was otherwise a dead ringer for the American Costco snack aisle. The bakery and meat sections were pretty similar but I think they had more lamb selection than normal. All the natives that I saw there seemed to love it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

They're just trying to save you the extra calories. PBUC.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Went to a Costco that had booze today (my reg one is in a county that has dumb liquor laws) and got like 400$ worth of booze for a wedding. Also got some of the 32 degrees HEAT thermal wear (I already have like ten of the 32 degrees COOL shirts). PBUC.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Made the pilgrimage today and got that king size Sherpa blanket, protein bars, Brie, honey crisp apples, 3 pairs of those touch sensitive gloves, and a bunch of other stuff.

I saw the Sherpa blanket on my previous trip and decided to hold off, but this thread had great reviews on it so I decided to get it this time.

PBUC. :worship:

edit: My cat loves the Sherpa blanket the most - been kneading it for 10 minutes straight.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 22, 2017

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I may get another Sherpa or two for the other couches/beds in my house or as gifts

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

what are the dimensions of the sherpa? As a tall dude I have been burned by too many blankets that leave my poor feet in the cold, if I can't lie fully stretched on the couch with the blanket over me it's worthless.

They have them in full, queen, and king size

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

tried to buy the sherpa last night but my wife says we have too many blankets wtf

Make a secret trip to Costco tomorrow during lunch and buy one. By the time she is underneath it, not only will she forgive you but she will praise both you and Costco.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Went to a different Costco today and got another queen and king Sherpa (we have three total now). Also got a new shark vacuum 30$ off, a new outdoor LED porch light for 8$ and a bunch of laundry detergent. This Costco had chili at the food court so I got that and a dog and made a chili dog. Costco is always coming up with new ways to surprise me. PBUC.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Let me know how that shark vacuum is, i'm in the market for a new vacuum and that looks pretty nice.

The one we got was the navigator lift-away Shark. I like it so far. It is definitely better than our old Hoover wind tunnel. The detachable lift-away canister is nice for stairs or high places. The wheels are nice and swively and it is easy to maneuver. Dust disposal is also easy. The only weird part is the extension arm and pet brush accessories don't have a storage spot on the vacuum itself. Overall it seems to be worth the 120$.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Stopped in to buy a couple bottles of wine for a gift and ended up in line behind an Asian lady who was buying 15 of each size of each product in the 32 Heat line, like 120 items, and loudly insisting that the ďlimit 15Ē applied to each barcode. She was unsuccessful. Donít try to defraud the Costco, lady!

lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

My local 'stco stopped selling the $30 Levi's so I have been dangerously low on pants for a while. I tried some of the Urban Star $15 pants they had but I didn't like them, the fabric had a weird stretchiness to them. Luckily they had some online so I order a couple with free shipping, PBUC

I only wear urban star jeans because of the stretchiness. It allows me to eat as many 'co dogs as I want and my pants still fit.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Roses are red
Sherpa throws are nifty
Hot dog and refill
only one dollar fifty

Hell yea

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

belt posted:

Ahh I saw these today and almost got them, but I had too much frozen junk in my cart already. I remember the Trader Joe's version being pretty damned good.

I believe the tj version and the Costco version are the same brand but at Costco you get like 6 for the price of 4. They're def pretty good.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I got an uncured antipasto collection from Costco the other day. The meat is pretty good and now I can't stop saying "gabagool" because I'm a Sorprano now.

PBUC

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Weíve gotten grief for trying to use my membership card with wifeís credit card before too even though we are on the same membership. cashier said itís a hassle for them to deal with later so it could be a pain for them to deal with. Youíd think they could just give you two cards that list both members names on their.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

My wife decided to be fancy and buy the Wild Caught Never Frozen Salmon from the 'Co once.

We take it home directly, chop it up and sprinkle some pepper, salt and lime on it. Delicious looking.

She gets the pan ready while I'm rolling the fish around in seasoning. I pick up one of the chunks with the tongs and I notice something that looks like a strand of hair or a plastic fibre.

That's weird.

I grab a knife to scrape it off and The loving thing recoils from the knife once it makes contact.

I drop it in the sink and look at the rest of the salmonbits soaking in lime.

Little glass filaments writhing around.

That's when I learned about parasitic worms and basically peaced out of Wild Caught fishies.

:gonk:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

My king size Sherpa/cat bed is too big for my washer :negative:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Peachfart posted:

My dog has Addisons Disease and the best treatment for him is a drug called Percorten. If he doesn't get this drug once a month, he will die. There has been a factory issue and Percorten is incredibly hard to find, and is out of stock nearly everywhere.
But when I asked Costco Pharmacy, they found some and had it filled 20% cheaper within a single day. Which is really good because my dog needs a new dose in 2 weeks.
PBUC.

Truly a blessed place for all dogs.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

gvibes posted:

Mine is selling fresh shishito peppers now. Blistered a bunch of those.

I got a bag of those and blistered them. They tasted pretty mild with the occasional hot one. rear end was like fire the next 2 days though.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

You ever try the bulgogi bake? That sounds pretty tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Iíve had the same problem with the puma socks. Got holes within six months on multiple pairs. They are cheap and most athletic socks donít last forever though so whatever.