Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DrPlump posted:

What are the top 10 items you have to buy every time you visit?

Whole prosciutto x10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

A $1.50 hot dog and a drink, rest is a crapshoot.

This is the real answer.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

GBS goon project: Buying a hot dog from Costco

You have identified the one goon project that can be accomplished by 98% of goons, and the 2% failure rate should produce at least one good thread.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Why doesn't Costco offer oil changes? It'd be nice to drop my car off and have them take care of that while I'm dropping a couple hundred on alcohol and groceries

Yeah, it's weird that they will change your tires and battery if you want them to, but not the oil. I wonder if it has to do with disposal issues or something.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Today I make my pilgrimage. I shall fill my basket with value and my stomach with a Polish dog and soda with refill for $1.50. Praise Be To Costco.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Did anyone else get the Foodsaver vacuum sealer that was on sale? That fucker is going to take my Costco savings to new and dizzying heights.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

We at Whole Foods will continue to look smugly at the Costco masses, but re: shoplifting, our annual sales losses due to shoplifting were around a half million dollars. We have several armed security guards on call in the building, at least 2-3 undercover guards walking through the store all day long (they actually carry baskets with food to blend in and have kevlar lined backpacks) and there's a room in the back of the store where they take shoplifters to be held until the cops arrive. Several times I've seen people being lead out in handcuffs. I didn't realize how seriously retail stores took shoplifting until I started seeing how they operate from the inside.

After reading all the Costco hot dog talk, I picked up stuff to make my own dogs last week. Brioche buns, organic grass fed uncured dogs, house-made relish, and organic stone ground mustard - about $30 for 8 dogs, but it was good. :smugdog:

Burn every Whole Foods to the ground. PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I wipe down my food court table space afterwards like the Gold Star member that I am privileged to be.

It is both civic duty and a token of gratitude for your 1/4 lb. all-beef hot dog or optional Polish sausage and drink with refill.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Currently wearing Kirkland boxer briefs AMA

Are they worthy of the Kirkland Signature brand? I assume they must be.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco must be trying to be culturally sensitive to the British by maintaining the level of depressing food that they are used to. If they revealed their full glory to the British there would be panic and chaos.

Costco is wise, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Can you also rent a car through Costco? It seems like you should be able to. All things are possible through Costco, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Yet again my faith in Costco rewards me. Praise be!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Grem posted:

There are Costco's with car washes?

There most definitely are. There is nothing that Costco is incapable of, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Who loving knows. It is the only thing stopping me signing up, as I have a giant store right near me.

I'm self employed :(

Can you not argue self-employment as owning your own business?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey. Don't knock Vitamin R. <:mad:>

Rainier is top-notch local swill from the holy land, great for simmering your Kirkland Signature brand brats and also for swilling while eating said brats (assuming that your 48 pack of Kirkland Signature brand light beer is empty).

Peace be upon Costco.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

Is half this thread just goons trying to not buy a membership?

Because it seems like it.

Get jobs you motherfuckers.

insulated staircase posted:

its mostly dumb spam about hot dogs

:getout:

You do not know of that which you speak. PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Thinking about making a batch of fresh kielbasa so I'll probably be walking out of Costco with 20 lbs of pork this weekend. I will also be walking out with my refilled drink after finishing my Polish dog in the food court.

All things are possible through Costco, PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

curufinor posted:

my parents said i should probably not get a costco membership because i live alone and everything you buy at costco comes in packages of 44 or something

incisive but heretical

Shop with a friend and split the fantastic savings. Your shared interests will forge common bonds. Costco promotes mutually beneficial arrangements and a more harmonious world through common good and shared experiences.

PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Today is national hot dog day.

Costco is running a special: Hot Dog (or Polish) with soda (with refill) for only $1.50!!!! but...everyday. :grin:

PBUC!

Thinkin bout them dogs.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Cloks posted:

I'm headed to Costco around lunchtime today to pick up some groceries.

Do they have anything I can get for lunch if I only have $1.50?

Six cold bottles of Kirkland Signature brand water.

After work I will make my pilgrimage for a leg of lamb and a tank of gas. On my way out I will have a Polish dog and a drink, with refill, as Costco intended.

PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

There was an Asian family enjoying hot dogs and drinks with refills for $1.50 apiece that must have spanned four generations.

All who can recognize the glory of Costco are welcome, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I usually eat before I go to costco that way I don't shop hungry. As a result, I rarely ever get a dog.

You eat the dog before you shop. Get right with Costco, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

insulated staircase posted:

you got your watch dirty for a 1/4 lb. + all-beef hot dog with free refill for $1.50.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco Co-founder Jeff Brotman has passed away. PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Capntastic posted:

Yo.

Account for inflation.

I respect that Costco will maintain its value price point more than the USD.

In its infinite and perpetual generosity, Costco has maintained the price point for their hot dog + refill and their rotisserie chickens for many years despite inflation, PBUC.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sounds like something a BJ's apostate would say.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

we used to have $1 ice cream cone store here in berkeley and been like that for years.

Was it called Costco?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I suggested that Costco membership to my folks, and turns out they have a sams club membership. Instead of instantly telling them to gently caress off with that, I actually did some research. There are lots of tradeoffs, but the most important thing is definitely the food court. Does this look familiar to any of you?

Looks to me like some pieces of poo poo from Arkansas are incapable of coming up with their own ideas.

Death to the Walton Empire, PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

oh you sweet summer child . . .

:chloe:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SpannerX posted:

Out of coffee and kitty litter, going to the 'co tomorrow.

:same:

I'll be thinkin' about dem dogs until then.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

That's pretty decent for Wagyu, though it's not A5. My favorite steakhouse does 12oz strips for $130 so getting one fresh for DIY would be a good deal.

Jokes on you, you could have bought eighty-six 1/4 lb. all-beef hot dogs with eighty-six 20 oz. fountain drinks with refill for the price of your 12 oz rear end in a top hat steak. That's 21.5 lbs of pure beef and 26.88 gallons of refreshing fountain beverages.

quote:

being a non-Costco person ...

:getout:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

I got my first Costco card and went this morning. I tried the Hot Dog (and got Kraut on the side). While being great value at 1.50, it totally wrecked my stomach.

I'll be getting another next Costco trip.

:bisonyes:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chucklin' over here that a Polish dog overpowers condiments. Mustard, onions, and sauerkraut: subtle, mild flavors all.

And if you can't operate the onion dispenser you shouldn't be allowed to operate a car. Get right with Costco.

PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Most of the world's best sausages are 100% pork and I implicitly trust Costco to provide quality products. I would eat this Korean 100% pork hot dog with free drink refill with no second thoughts.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

same but still

all beef hot dog

jim sinegal wanted it this way and i trust jim sinegal

Are you insinuating that a Costco is doing something against Jim Sinegal's wishes, that you know better than Costco? Shaky ground, friend.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

i trust in jim sinegal

where is YOUR faith, brother?

what would we find if we looked in your closet, eh? Pork cheeseburgers? A SAMS CLUB MEMBERSHIP? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

In my freezer you will in fact find a great many pork products, most of which were purchased at Costco. Pork is not the issue.

It seems to me that your argument is beef is superior to pork, where I am suggesting that this distinction is irrelevant. They are all being served by Costco and all come with a free refill.

It is fine if you prefer beef to pork, but you cannot claim that a Costco built before he retired is acting against the wishes of St. Sinegal. Your accusations and schism attempts cause discord, resulting in Peace not Being Unto Costco.

Peace Be Unto Costco, Praise Be to Costco.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I was at an aa meeting the other day and a guy was sharing and said "at my worst, I would go to Costco and buy a 1.75 liter bottle of dewars white label scotch for $26."

Please don't doxx me.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Original_Z posted:

What's this Gourmet Dog Japon? Some sort of fake Japanese hotdog? Japan isn't known for dogs at all and they're usually total dogshit when you can find them unless you just buy the imported ones, ironically Costco probably has the best hotdogs in the country (and even then they're pork, not beef).

Costco needs no "cultural appropriation", their offerings are universal and loved no matter which country you're in!

They're hotdogs with wasabi mayo, nori flakes, and tobiko.

There is a Costco not far from Safeco Field, so one could conceivably eat Costco dogs in front of this vendor while maintaining cold eye contact. It would require sacrificing refill access, but I rarely need more than one 20oz fountain beverage.

Super Waffle posted:

I once witnessed a man eat not one, but TWO entire chocolate froyos in the time it took me to eat my chicken bake. He was a young, fit, well dressed businessman.

This is a loving feat. That man decided that he wanted to eat a quart of frozen yogurt in one sitting and did not want to pay more than $3.30 for it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

An unfortunate case of copyright infringement has befallen Costco.

Their lawyers should have caught this wording. Would "Tiffany-style setting" have cleared since the argument was that "Tiffany" was a ubiquitous/generic term, like Kleenex or Xerox?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Zo posted:

when did the Kirkland craft beer box change to including two types of IPAs? half the box is IPAs now. not that i mind, since IPAs basically don't exist where i live

Where do you live because holy gently caress where I live there are grocery stores with entire cooler walls that are only IPAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

bug chaser chaser posted:

What's a good coffee to buy from Costco? I picked up their House Blend yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed.

Were you hoping for a light roast/breakfast blend? The fact that it's dark-roast only is unfortunate, but I can't think of a ground coffee in a can that's anywhere near as good for less than triple the price of KS.