Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

belt posted:

anyone tried the kirkland craft beer variety pack?

first time I've ever seen it today and almost picked it up but still a little gunshy after kirkland light beer.

I like the Costco craft beer, and I'm the type of person who goes to beer festivals multiple times a year. Praise Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
What's y'all's favorite premade deli meal from Costco? I like the pre-portioned salmon with the basil pesto butter a lot. I'm trying a new one tonight: the enchiladas.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
There's a really good new snack that I just picked up: a big bag of toasted coconut clusters with seeds and honey. I also picked up some Tillamook mint ice cream sandwiches and the new kirkland little round cheeses.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Got 1.75 L of 12 year scotch for $40. Pbuc

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i guess $39 is a decent price for a handle of lovely blended whiskey

Still praising the Kirkland 12 year scotch in the 1.75 L bottle

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Laphroaig or ardberg are my jam

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Taima posted:

Worst new drinker advice of all time dude, I mean seriously you are batting .000 on this one

If you are anywhere near newly into scotch, avoid these at all costs

I wasn't advising a new drinker, just stating what I like. Also apparently while not knowing how ardbeg is spelled

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

shovelbum posted:

You don't have to be like A SCOTCH EXPERT who worked his way up from Johnny Walker through the Glen whatever's to like peaty scotch, Laphroaig was one of the first scotches I ever tried and I loved it but I'd been drinking smoky beers for years

Yeah, my first exposure to scotch was a tasting, and I liked the peaty ones best right off the bat. I should probably have posted the disclaimer that you have to like drinking campfire smoke though

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

That's nothing. My friend's dad is in the wine biz and we were staying at his house one week and someone had shipped a bone-in $1400 jamon iberico to the house as a business promotion. We (12 guys in our late 20's) absolutely loving devoured that ham. It's far and away the most delicious meat I've ever had in my life.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Chinatown posted:

some jerk brought a whole container of Kirkland chocolate covered almonds into the office!!!

I'm going to go to Costco this weekend and be the jerk. I want Christmas goodies without having to eat them all myself

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Steeling myself for weekend holiday season Costco. If I don't come back, eat jamón in my honor

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Those pajamas are so comfy too, I got a pair with mugs on it on my last Costco trip

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Kirkland, the holiest of lands, kind of does but you have to cross the parking lot.

The one in Covington also has a weed shop next door

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Development posted:

while wearing the costco pyjamas

Stop following me

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
All my cash is weed money by default

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Aww yiss, got the Costco PJs for Christmas

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Gave a girl the huge basket from Costco filled with 79,000 holiday snacks, she was majorly impressed

God bless the Co

Look at this goon, found the one true way to a woman's heart

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Salt on meat, the horror

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

berth ell pup posted:

exactly, salting meat is normal.
calling it “dry brining” simply indicates you’re a twat.

A roast by any other name still tastes like meat

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Sam's club is trash for idiots

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Taima posted:

It's kind of a dick move to talk poo poo on Sam's cuz it's a poor person Costco, like, literally

I assumed it cost about the same with a vastly inferior range of products. I've only ever been with other people's memberships

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
My Costco has Nandos Peri Peri sauce! Gonna have some kick rear end wings!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
IPAs were literally invented to withstand long shipping times, I think they're ok

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

FogHelmut posted:

Picked up a serrano ham and some Suntory Toki. Gotta get all these impulse buys out of the way before I have another kid.

that suntory is good, it was my desk whiskey through a company takeover. Would buy again

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Clavavisage posted:

this might be the weekend I finally open my ham leg

but enough about your varicose vein surgery

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

AKZ posted:

Why would you need a receipt? The purchase is tied to your membership.

Even if you didn't purchase it, if they sell it you can get money back. I got a gift of BOTW for Christmas, already owned it, and the giver didn't provide a receipt. Costco took it and gave me a gift card reimbursement.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Enos Cabell posted:

What's the best version of Bitchin Sauce? Only one I've tried so far is the chipotle which is great, but I saw there are like 6 other varieties now.

Where is this stocked in the store? I've looked a few times, but I don't know if it's by the hummus, with the non perishable condiments, or what

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I don't know if they're actually new, but just tried these Kirkland frozen egg white vegetable frittatas that microwave in a bag and they're great

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I can only make it to service once a month now in These Trying Times, I’ve got a list but what am I missing? Going for a bunch of basics, but not sure of what kind of jerky (I love the pork but it’s too sweet, I prefer my jerky as dry as possible)or what kind of microwave/frozen snacks will help the most. Also any arguments for talking my husband into smoked salmon would be helpful; he didn’t believe me when I told him I’d kill a flat of blackberries in an afternoon, so please help him believe in my happiness. Is there any good loaf bread by the bakery?
E: we also need a sweet snack, I will kill or be killed if the only kind of sugar we eat is what I make the next couple months.

Currently living on PB pretzels, send help.

2e: this is the Costco on Clybourn in Chicago; haven’t been there yet this month but will provide an update on supplies and staffing, scout’s honor.

3E, got us baptized at the end of December and the Roni has enforced my good decision ever since.

I like the packs of bread that are shelf stable and can be baked when wanted, they'll last months on the counter and are almost as good as fresh baked bread.

For a healthy snack, I always keep a bag of those streamable individual edamame bags in my freezer, so good. For sweet stuff, there's a lot to choose from? Get the muffins and freeze the ones you're not eating right away?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

ArbitraryC posted:

Did you buy a cheese flight to eat at home by yourself/with immediate family cause that's one hell of a powermove.

Wait other people don't do this? Lol

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

testifeye posted:

My Costco (Washington) brought samples back! All items in single packages: nutella crepes, gogurt, and chocolate covered cherries. All staff in these little plastic pods. I know samples are controversial but it did make my little heart flutter.

The chocolate covered cherries are my favorite! Now if they would also bring back the wasabi covered almonds...

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

ixo posted:

no, I'm not standing in the kitchen at 4 in the morning eating pickled pepeprs straight out of the jar, you are. leave me alone.

These are a pro-buy, I love them on scrambled eggs or pasta and they're a pantry staple for me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
My Costco has poke you can buy a lot of the time, never bought tuna there though