Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

My girlfriend works for a high school science department and the local hospital reached out to ask if they had any PPE they could donate.

I want to be the doctor with the goggles with the cool "S" sharpied on the side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Get a vacuum sealer for your meats and fish. They last forever in the freezer without any freezer burn. The only thing I use zip lock bags for still is ground beef.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Coredump posted:

I know a woman who is 5' 11.75" with a 36/37 inseam.

I can't get off to this mental image unless you also give me her inseam rounded to a hundredth of an inch.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Costco: How many breads do you have in your cart?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Of course it's a race. If you're not the first one back they'll already be shot.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Requesting an edit of :fireman: as a Costco employee.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Outrail posted:

TIL deep fried butter is a thing. wtf is wrong with you people?

Mostly my blood pressure

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

But my freeeeeeeeedoms :froggonk:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Is this panic buying because of an increased awareness of Corona and people taking staying at home seriously, or the election?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

priznat posted:

Wish I had double checked here about the ramen because I got the A-Sha tainan noodles and they kinda suck. At least on their own. Maybe combined with a stir fry it’d be ok. Keep or return, hmm.

Did you get the frozen wontons? I throw a handful in and it makes the noodles way better.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

AuroMarshmallow posted:

How often are you guys attempting Costco runs during COVID times? I've been managing on an every-other month schedule or so, but at least in Southeast PA the crowds are still pretty harrowing. I've had the best luck going on Monday evenings.

That said, I went to church yesterday and hopefully bought enough of my Costco staples to last until March. I impulse-bought a package of BBQ-filled Chinese meat buns that I'd recommend to anyone who sees 'em in their store.

Once a month because I have to get a prescription filled anyway. I don't grocery shop anywhere else.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

I did and the companies they connected me with had lower rates and costs than any my realtor recommended. So much so that the other companies wouldn't even negotiate it and just told me to go with the Costco options.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Devor posted:

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Putting an item in a box for that item is not fraud, even if you acquire the box from a second purchase of the same item.

If they bought an Xbox and then returned it full of potatoes, that would be fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

dms666 posted:

Does anyone's Costco actually ever carry clothing in S size? I always see M and larger, especially in underwear.

No but they sell $1.50 Hot Dogs. The solution is simple.