Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bird with big dick posted:

This is my box. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My box is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my box is useless. Without my box, I am useless.

oh my that's quite the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pentyne posted:

If Costco doesn't have it in store, check office furniture liquidators in your area. If you're going to spend at least $250 you can get much higher quality stuff from there.

I took this advise from goons.

It was a GIGANTIC pain in the rear end but it ended up being worth it. When I went and did it there was a pretty big shortage of used chairs because of everyone building out home offices from the pandemic so I ended up overpaying but I still don't regret my purchase one bit. I have no idea if that's still the case.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AKZ posted:

Primal beast chair (for real men)

Don't forget the ladies version which is pink, 10% smaller, but 20% more expensive

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

When I got my first apartment I went to one of those discount stores and bought a $10 tool set just to make sure I had a screwdriver and a hammer.

Next to it was a $12 set for women. It was pink and smaller. I wish I still had the picture.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Had a rough day but I decided to squeeze out a quick Costco trip because I need coffee.

Saw some guy struggling by himself with 2 flatbeds with 4 boxes containing that polarizing luvsac couch so I put my (empty) cart to the side and helped him load it into his truck.

Finished up, turned around and someone took my cart :(

Then I got a hot dog and man it's just not the same without deli mustard and onions.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Head Bee Guy posted:

Picked up the mint chocolate covered pretzels licensed by the Girlscouts. Pretty good. Kinda creme de menth-y. The mint really hangs in your mouth so if you eat it

I was really disappointed in them myself.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I would do bad things to bring the Italian sausage back

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Chef John has never steered me wrong in life.

I used his stuffed peppers recipe last week and my first attempt was already better than my mom used to make. And that was with lovely store bought sauce because I didn't want to waste the last of my homemade stuff.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Coredump posted:

I like his videos. His rollercoaster inflection on words does irk me a little.

It did for me at first but he's really toned it down in newer videos.

Plus it's kind of his schtick. It's grown on me after a bit.

I'm gonna make his swedish meatballs recipe next week.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

jisforjosh posted:

Or you can be Texas and have even dumber laws like any store selling liquor must be closed by 9pm, cannot open before 11am any day of the week, and cannot do any business on Sundays. Business is defined as any "work" being done in the building, so if you have employees in at any hour on a Sunday to do inventory, cleaning, or restocking you can't sell liquor.

lmao jeez

NY used to have a law that you couldn't sell alcohol before 11AM on a Sunday but it got thrown out sometime in the 90s. But that didn't stop old people from having Very Strong Opinions and giving me an earful over how I allowed the person in front of them buy booze, back when I worked retail.

One of those old people was my dad and, that was fun.

e: got into an argument with a gas station employee over this once. It was like 1AM on a Sunday and we ran out of beer at a house party and he wouldn't let us buy more over a law that hadn't existed for 20 years.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FogHelmut posted:

BRING BACK THE DELI MUSTARD AND ONION DISPENSER YOU COWARDS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If you want a pressure washer for a one time thing (driveway) honestly you should just pay someone to do it for you. They have better equipment, better chemicals, and more experience than you. It'll come out looking better.

Cost me $200 to have someone power wash my house. The rental would've been something like $60/hour and considering I have no idea what I'm doing, I think paying someone would've ended up being cheaper in the long.

Electric power washers are more like glorified hoses so they're really just not worth it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
But all that sugar is why it tastes so good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DNK posted:

They don’t care about the price. The difference between a $150 fill and a $120 fill is irrelevant to them, and the time spent optimizing gas station pricing isn’t worth it.

Also maybe the like the higher pricing because it keeps the people who are penny pinching away and is some kinda money flex. Maybe the gas station is nicer. Idk. Mostly I think it’s the first point about them just being price insensitive.

There was a place around here that was $2/gal more expensive than everywhere else. It was 3rd in a line of 3 consecutive gas stations and it was always empty except for the occasional blue collar worker filling up their company vehicle.

I always just assumed it was a mob money laundering scheme or something.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh man I love those glass ramekins.

I saved 4 of them and I get so much use out of them as small bowls that I've got my money's worth in the ramekins alone.

I wish I saved more than just the 4

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Ironically I made home made creme brulee once and they were a little too small for the serving sizes I was going for

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Sitting in the parking lot waiting for Costco to open!!!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Bought these weird cheese bread sandwich rolls.

Conclusion: terrible on sandwiches

Amazing when lightly toasted and eaten plain

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Last time I got really bad sunburn I found a moisturizing lotion from CVS that had both aloe and menthol in it. Highly recommend it, I believe goldbond brand and came in a green bottle.

I don't deny rubbing straight aloe is great but lemme tell you, when you're in that much pain the extra cooling from menthol made a huge difference. The pain was so bad that I was spending all day sleeping just to escape the pain and that lotion was the first thing that brought me any kind of relief.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco blades work like poo poo on my car and are hella streaky. The passenger side one is also a teeny tiny bit too large and bump the frame which wears out the tip really fast. I tried going down a size once but I wasn't a fan.

But really, I haven't liked any non OEM wipers on my car. Last time I was by a Honda dealership I just bought a stack of them and kept them in my trunk.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
now my trunk doesn't open anymore

I need a new car

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I kept putting off a car purchase because we were trying to buy a home and a new car is one of the stupider things to buy when trying to get a mortgage.

But, uh, I don't think this house thing is happening anymore.

e: also the supply chain issues hosed up cars real bad. My dad just bought a new car. And by "bought" I mean he put in an order in with the dealership and got his name put in a queue, they'll call him back in like 6 months when they have one.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Do the Costco gods accept human sacrifices?

Just thinking of ways to get the Italian sausage back

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's called the Italian sausage sandwich even though it's served on a hot dog bun.

That is unequivocal proof that a hot dog is, in fact, a sandwich

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Addendum:

The same rules apply to canoes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

number 1 snake fan posted:

People who can't communicate effectively with their spouses itt

Yeah I've had great experiences doing tandem kayaks with my wife.

Because after about 3-4 minutes she says "I'm tired I'm gonna take a break" and I just paddle both of our fat rear end around by myself for the rest of the trip.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bird with big dick posted:

Put you wife in a life vest and tie a rope around her and tow her behind the kayak.

The bay we kayak in is really shallow so if there's any problems she can loving get out and walk.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just feel like Costco's heart isn't in the hot dog anymore and neither is mine.

I can live without the onions if I had deli mustard. And loosely throwing the dog in a paper bag instead of wrapping in foil makes condiments messy.

I did see a guy almost take a bite of his dog without lowering his mask first so that's was pretty good I guess.

And the soda is flat

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also I dropped $500 on I don't know what

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Oracle posted:

I did but it was so ungodly hot the bag partially melted on the way home and now all is sadness :(

They're not that good imo

And this is someone who loves both thin mints and chocolate covered pretzels

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Sunday morning in general is surprisingly quiet. This held true for every retail job I've ever had. There's a reason many places open an hour or two later on Sunday than usual.

If you get there early on Sunday it's pretty dead, but once it hits noon it all goes to hell really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tatsuta Age posted:

please tell me how to get blueberry 7-eleven at home. please chinatown!

Hazelnut all the way. I've had real hazelnut coffee before but man, nothing beats that artificial poo poo.

Except my local place for some reason always has grinds in the coffee.