Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Dely Apple posted:

Waiting for the 3 meter tall teddy bears to return for xmas. How people get those home is beyond me.

It's your lucky day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Scornful Sexbot posted:

In lighter news, the one I go to in Edison is apparently the only one in the state with liquor, so if you're anywhere near it, give it a try!

Also, does anyone else have this problem? Some idiotic law here makes it so only one retail store(if it isn't a specifically liquor store) location in the ENTIRE STATE can sell liquor it is really lame.

Actually the idiotic law is that only two stores in the state can sell sell alcohol. The Costco in Wayne also sells booze, including delicious Kirkland light beer.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Anyone ever buy an office chair from the Co? The floor mat I got there was good, wondering what their chair selection is like in terms of quality.

I have their $99 fake aeron. It is acceptable.

However, I do suggest splurging on an office chair because you spend so much time in it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

And there is always that sweet, sweet warranty if anything goes wrong.

Unfortunately due to heretics the warranty on electronics is only 90 days.

In good news, they now make the Sherpa in hoodie form and it's as glorious as you would think.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I need a desk chair, is the Costco Herman Miller knockoff a blessing or a false idol?

In the middle. It's extremely good for the price, but not as good as the Aeron. It also depends on your height/weight. If you need an Aeron C the Costco will be less comfortable.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Miniature horses are recognized service animals in california!

Dogs and miniature horses are the only allowable service animals in the American with Disabilities Act.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

(Near the bottom)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Here's what you can put pesto on : everything.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
They now sell Costco print jammies online

https://www.costco.com/Munki-Munki-Unisex-Flannel-PJ-Set-Exclusive-Costco-Theme.product.100432577.html

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

A bidet is the best purchase you will ever make in your life.

The best purchase I ever made was LASIK, and unfortunately you can't get that at the `co.

Yet.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Yeah, they keep a record of everything your account buys so you can return just fine without a receipt.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

They contract with local companies so I'm going to imagine it's incredibly variable.

I have had multiple items delivered and they've all gone smoothly.

I assume they don't want you to have a bad experience and call up the co to invoke their wrath.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Hoshi posted:

Any experiences here in buying Costco furniture? I have any eyes on a sectional but wondering how worthwhile the white glove service is

They contract with local companies, I've had good experiences with a washer/dryer and a sectional. Anything that includes haul away is worth it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Costco had Serrano hams for $99 (with rack and knife!) I assume that at that price, it’s going to be pretty low-quality ham, but I’m still tempted.

It’s a plus that you can just leave it out at room temperature for weeks and it’ll be okay. I told my wife I’d set it up next to the bed and cut off a slice whenever I wanted a snack, Homer Simpson-style; she was not amused

You assume wrong

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Costco sells fresh, non-frozen, turkeys and they're great.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I buy enough sweet sweet gasoline alone to justify my executive membership.

Hate to break it to you, but gasoline doesn't qualify for executive

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1205/~/what-is-an-executive-membership%3F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Right, but you could save an extra 60 just getting the gold star instead of executive.