Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco drunk the other night. It was AWESOME. They had BBQ meatball samples, I had 5. I bought so much cheap delicious steak.

Hot dog and drink to wash it all down and re hydrate my soul.

PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

I put an almost irresponsible amount of onion on my dogs. Almost.

I go to town with the onions, whether on a slice of pep, or my dog. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My wife bought me the KING SIZE VELVET SHERPA THROW for Christmas. I live in it now. PBUC.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from church and had 1.50 communion. Was delicious.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

can't tell if actual jesus church or kirkland church
either way, is ok

Kirkland church. Blessed be they name.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I drive around for work, and anytime I am remotely close to my Costco I stop for lunch. 1.50 for lunch? Hell yeah.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco yesterday, they had samples of Jameson and Jameson beer. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

Guy makes his own Costco Beer Commercials.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

They have bigass pineapples for two bucks

My local church does big rear end pineapples for 99c a piece. I stock up and use them all summer. pbuc

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from Costco. Found out we are getting the burgers in about a month. Praise be.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My costco removed chili and did a salad. I was also told we are getting the hamburger soon. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spoke with the manager of the local Costco. They are getting the burger in 60 days. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Headed to church tonight. Fingers crossed they have the hamburger.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Back from church. No burger yet, did partake in communion though. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I got a churro once where they forgot to put the cinnamon sugar on it and oh boy it was bad.

Didn't notice til I was halfway to the car and I didn't care enough to go back.

Renegret posted:

for a buck, I couldn't give any less of a poo poo

This is why we have Trump.

My Costco has not gotten the burger yet, despite the store manager saying we were going to get it in the next 60 days.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

The store manager at my Costco said a year ago that the burger was coming soon and I'm still waiting.

I blame QAnon.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Going to Costco tonight for communion and tons of poo poo I don't need but can't live without. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I went to the 'co angry and hungry yesterday so I impulse bought some individually wrapped quiches, chicken empanadas, and some Dublin cheese.

The empanadas were surprisingly good, and the quiches are passable. I'm gonna take them to work so I can have a hot breakfast for a bit.

As for the cheese, my wife and I already ate 1/4 of the block, it's so loving good.

We get that cheese every time we go. Its so loving good. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else plan their Costco trips around filling up your tank? I do this all the time, cheap gas, cheap food, hot dog all in the same night. PBUC.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought two king size sherpa throws from Co and we can now canvas our house if we ever need to fumigate.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jerry seinfel posted:

Look at that subtle off-red coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...

:perfect:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My wife just texted me that we are going to Costco tonight. Going to buy more sherpa throws, I am going to cover my house with them. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

pick me up a hot dog on the way home

thanks dad

I got you bubby.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco last night. Irish butter. 2 dogs. Do not regret.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Apprentice Dick posted:

My Costco had 6 packs of 60w equivalent LED light bulbs for $4 and 4 packs of 100w for $8. They are really nice and I finally switched over the last cfl bulbs at home.

My costco had 6 packs of the LED bulbs that supposedly last 60,000 hours. So guess who's house is full of LED bulbs now. PBUC.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

revmoo posted:

Just lol if u aren't already on your second or third sherpa throw

I dont' want to emptyquote this but seriously, this is gospel in our house now.

per person. We each have our own throw, King for me, queen for wife, queen for kiddo.

Flaggy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 21, 2018

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I bought the Korean Beef and Onions thing from the prepared foods section. I made about a 3rd of it last night to make some tacos. It was good but I make better from scratch so not sure I will but it again. I don't think there will be any cost savings compared to making ti from scratch and it's not like it takes long to make so no time saving either.

My local Meijer store sells decent shaved beef at the butcher counter. The meat in the Costco one looked pretty stringy and had a lot of connective tissue which doesn't break down well in a fast high heat cook.

The sauce was decent but I keep about 20-25 different sauces in my pantry/fridge and I have 3 different Korean BBQ right now. My daughter liked it though so that is a plus.

I bought their bulgogi and I agree with your statement. Please share your recipe, its one I have been trying to perfect seemingly forever. Man I love bulgogi.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DELETE CASCADE posted:

anyone got costco red wine recommendations? cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, pinot noir, that sort of thing. or bordeaux blends whatever. i'm on a red wine kick lately

My wife gets the Apothic Reds and one called Menage a trois red she really likes.

http://www.menageatroiswines.com/

https://www.apothic.com/

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sorority Fister posted:

You're better off heading into a 7-eleven and stumbling into their wine rack, then dropping to the floor and lapping up what you can before you get thrown out. Tastes about the same as these garbage wines.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am going to Costco in 30 minutes. Will post trip report. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flaggy posted:

I am going to Costco in 30 minutes. Will post trip report. PBUC

They removed our onion dispenser. WHAT THE gently caress. They said it was down for maintenance but they had onion cups at the ready. More sherpa flannels, giant pumpkin pies. PBUC

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

Last night the woman ahead of me broke the handle off the onion dispenser somehow.

Thats when you take the top off, reach in, and help yourself to onion bounty.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I get to go back to Costco today for pie, for whatever reason my wife didn't want to buy them on Sunday so she is sending me back alone. Which, she should know, is not a smart move I can't say no to good deals. I can't wait.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I also love penis though, so :shrug:

loving knew it.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I'm pro sample but I'm con people who wait around for samples and block isles.

The only solution is murder.

Guillotine.

Does anyone have experience with Costco Optical? Thinking about switching from my spendy as gently caress optometrist to Costco. Almost completing a total conversion to Costco, just need to switch my prescriptions there.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

The only sample I've ever waited for was a hefty piece of smoked salmon on top of a cracker with some kind of cream cheese spread.

Totally worth it.

Mine did beer samples once, that line was insane. For a tiny sip of beer.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I left my credit cards rewards check at home so I went shopping without it yesterday. OH WELL I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO BACK TO COSTCO.

They had someone giving out free samples of paper towels. I'm not sure how you're supposed to eat those but, oh well.

Oh yeah?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like when they give you a sample of some oats or dry rear end crackers but you're already in "Costco Mode" and just see sample cups and shoot them down immediately then figure out what you at after it's in your mouth. Inadvertently giving myself the cinnamon challenge since '06

Our costco is always giving out water samples, so its a mad dash to that table.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fordham posted:

Are these peeled?

I think it says Whole Peeled on the side but its a little blurry and I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.wsj.com/articles/costco-sales-rise-as-tariff-uncertainty-looms-11559256942

Uh oh. Uncle Broke brain is going to make prices at Costco go up!