Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

GORDON posted:

The Meijer near me has about 20 checkout lines, and 15 of them are now self-serve, and then they only have one cashier line open. I don't like that.

My Safeway just got rid of self checkout. Now how am I going to avoid being judged by someone who may or may not have a high school diploma?

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol @ you acting like Costco is trashy or something

Personally I look down on people buying 80 of something they need 80 of

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tato posted:

I have a giant thing of crushed red pepper I got at Costco when I first got a college apartment in 2006. It is a decade later and it still isn't finished despite how much crushed red pepper I eat. The pepper is stale and not as flavorful. Still I refuse to relent. If I die before I complete this task, pour the rest of it in my dead mouth and bury me like the failure I am.

How much do you have left?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TheLightPurges posted:

The only people dumb enough not to see it were poor people who can't think more than 2 weeks ahead. WAAAAA I have to pay 40 dollars NOW to save literally HUNDREDS of dollars on gas and groceries over the year WAAAAA.

There's some interesting research about how poor kids learn decision making and what's optimal for them, but you're probably just trolling.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TheLightPurges posted:

This is what I was referring to but in a more over the top jokey way. Thank you for pointing it out.

Semi unrelated but I love those videos of really young kids trying to make a good decision about eating the marshmallow. They're so bad at it!

edit: plus it uh sheds some light on how I make my own choices

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Persian Market - vegetables, herbs, mexican beef, single chicken breasts that are somehow 2lbs each

That's no chicken breast.

I want to use catstare here but it suggests too much.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PyroDwarf posted:

Today's special: Crab legs, lobster tails and gently caress-off huge shrimps. (Probably prawns but whatever)

A prawn is a shrimp and vise verse the kicks

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Lol if you think cooking is some kind of art full of opinions and free spirits. Art doesn't exist. It's all hard science, and the best are so especially skilled and drilled in the rules that they can make fools think art is happening.

Like you think the dude wrapping his polish up in his pizza slice is some fatlord savant, but he's hitting all the basic rules of culinary excellence.

Cooking is art.

Baking is science.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there any benefit to buying stuff online with the membership?

Please forgive my basic rear end question.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I live in the boonies so it's like a 3 hour round trip to a Costco town. The shipping cost is offset by me not having to drive my day away.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

priznat posted:

Oster blenders are excellent budget blenders if you don’t want to spend vitamix bucks. The Versa line that is. 7 year warranty too!

Total Crushing Technology sounds pretty badass.

edit: apparently that's a Ninja feature. My bad.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 27, 2020

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

My zipfizz shipment is in. Hot dog!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yea, a good choice to hot dog myself to death

Might as well. Seems like one of the better ways to escape this prison planet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

hakimashou posted:

been keeping your butts extra dirty to see how it stands up to a challenge?

Gotta get your money's worth.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good old cream of gently caress soup.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like any peanut butter where there are two ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

update: it's 1am and my dad just emerged from his bedroom to open the 2nd jar of olives

Crom bless him.