Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I've been reading this thread for two weeks now and finally feel like I can join my righteous brethren.

Had a good run at the co today. Anyone else try out the chicken tikka masala sandwiches they have in the freezer section? As far as preserved sandwiches go they are very tasty (but might need more to make a meal).

Had a hot dog communion with the wife today (I had onions and relish she had onions and mustard). Never paid much attention but the soda cups carry lots of soda. Careful with the refills!

Got the prepared bulgogi to try tonight. I've been cooking Chinese style beef from scratch recently so maybe this will push me to try different seasonings.

PBUC!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Grem posted:

Speaking of tires, how is the Costco auto service? I think I need new tires soon.

The service is good but also dependent on how busy they are. I would not recommend going during rush hour. I've been happy with the tires we got. Haven't taken advantage of any extra services (nitrogen refill etc) since getting them, I should get on that.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Sensationalist... Can anyone who understands this tell me if an internet retailer compete in price for bulk paper goods (paper towels and toilet paper)? Wouldn't shipping just eat up all the margin there is to be made?

Also the appeal of Costco isn't just the value it's that the buyers are always pushing new products that are difficult to get exposure to otherwise. Don't like something you got? Costco's got your back with a more than generous return policy.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

uli2000 posted:

While it's handy to have and is miles better than peeling and chopping fresh garlic, I just doesn't have the same flavor to me. It seems like every time I break down and buy a jar, I use it a few times, remember this, and then it gets religated to the back of the fridge where my wife will throw it out when she cleans it out every couple of weeks.

There's no question that using fresh garlic will taste better. The thing about this jar of minced garlic is that prepping a dish with garlic in it is that much easier. I love this jar and I will celebrate when I can finish a whole one before it's expiration.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Getting pumped for my weekly Costco run. What wild and amazing discoveries will I make this week?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

body pillow
mango smoothie
sherpa blanket
massage chair

Unironically has anyone ever seen Costco sell a diaper bag?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Thinking about that dog

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

We tried the samosas about a month ago and they were surprisingly good. Saw these last night but I think they were $14 for 6 which is a little steep. Will probably still get some the next time we go, though, based on your recommendation.

They are very good if you look at them as what they are: $2 naanwhiches that can be nuked and eaten at a moments notice. Even easier than ling-ling potstickers!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

What's good from this month's sale?

The wireless Sony head phones are awesome and worth the regular price if not $50 off!!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Had the vanilla / acai mixed frozen yogurt today (I wanted to tip my toes gently in the acai controversy). Honestly, didn't taste that great to me. Maybe I'm not a big acai person but I felt like it tasted like a bunch of flowers. Is that howit's supposed to taste?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

AWarmBody posted:

What's the single best thing that I can buy at Costco and put in my husband's mouth to make him love Costco?

Cinnamon butter loaf.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Hey guys if you have never got the frozen bagels with cream cheese in them definitely check them out they're amazing

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

Those Bantam bagel bites look loving disgusting.

Get some. Follow the instructions (microwave then bake). Don't overbake! If you don't like them I will paypal you whatever they cost.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just looking at the pictures of those, it seems like there might be too much cream cheese in them? Assuming that they are the Bantam Bagels ones.

They're delicious. Maybe 20% more cream cheese than you need, but not that much. They're pretty much the only thing my toddler will consistently eat for breakfast.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Disco Salmon posted:

I went to church today. I got the hot fresh chicken, paper products, chicken thighs, ibuprofen, and protein shakes as well as a *few* other things. Then before I left, I had a dog for lunch with a drink.

Truly, it was a good day, and my pantry is full as is my tummy.

Not to mention, I got to use my new upgraded executive membership visa card today :) Saving money PLUS a good dog? I'm a happy person.

What chicken thighs did you get? I tried to get them there once and they were very water logged and not good for stir fry. What are you making with them?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Coredump posted:

Would anyone be willing to give me the costco item number for the naanwiches? Or tell me what states have them? Please.

edit: Literally on a chat with a costco person trying to find these. I am goon.

The naanwhiches are good, but they will not change your life. The same company makes tikka masala sauce packets and sells them on Amazon. The naan bread in the deli section actually freezes very well and can be reheated in a toaster.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m about to partake in the forbidden communion; combo slice and a dog + refill

Is the forbidden communion when you insert a dog into a chicken bake?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The bantam bagels now come in cinnamon sugar flavor and taste just as good as that sounds.

Picked up Kirkland tp instead of Charmin this go around. I heard its good?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

johnners 2.0 posted:

I picked up a pellet grill, after being a long time charcoal fan boy. Similar tastes but 10x less bullshit. Sure, some days I love to gently caress around with the charcoal grill all day, but sometimes you just want to eat supper and get back to the summer nights.

Also the pellets that Costco has around here are a great value and have a better taste then others.

I got the traeger pellet grill from Costco a month ago (https://www.traegergrills.com/pellet-grills/pro-series-gen-1/select-bronze-pellet-grill). I picked this model because I have toddlers running around and didn't want to have to deal with external grease buckets.

I like it because it's easier to buy and store fuel than propane tanks. It's also really easy to start and shut down.

Everything I have made on it has come out great: burgers, sausage, whole chicken, chicken wings, and pork shoulder. It's been a great summer so far being about to come home, turn the grill on without much effort, know when it's at temp, and be done cooking within an hour. We don't eat much steak so I have not been in a position where I miss a hard sear. Food will still get grill marks.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Huh? To operate my propane grill I turn a knob and press a button. Takes about 5 seconds until I have fire. I store my propane under the grill itself. It got to -30F in February and it works just fine.

I find it easier to store spare sacks of wood pellets than spare propane tanks. In hindsight I could have probably ran a gas line to the gas grill I had. Still happy with my decision.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Has anyone used Costco for a new car? I'm looking to lease but saw online that this is possible?

I tried their service and ended up getting a certified pre-owned instead. The service *should* realistically give you money off of sticker. Sometimes the sales reps were sketchy and wouldn't give me it.

They also only have designated dealerships that are part of the costco buying service. One dealership for my area was over 2 hours away.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Trastion posted:

Anyone ever get the Crab Legs or Dungeness Crabs from the little seafood stand?

I see those 2 things are already cooked. Was wondering how it would be to warm them back up using Sous Vide?

I live in Michigan so I am not coastal to get fresh ocean seafood. Plenty of fresh freshwater fish though.

I've gotten the crab legs around new year's eve time. I steamed them using a very large stock pot (container was actually for deep frying). Came out excellent! Highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

It's a blessed day brethren.

Today at the co' I had my toddler who while we were shopping asked for potty. He successfully navigated the giant urinal. Rewards were in order. "Treat?," I asked. "Hot dog!" I asked-- "are you sure, you usually get ice cream." "Hot dog!" He even ordered it from the clerk and tapped the credit card.

He ate the whole hot dog, chased it with a mango Popsicle sample, and fell asleep on the ride home underneath the Sherpa. PBUC!

Only registered members can see post attachments!