Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

I was going to buy liquor-only, but ended up deciding to go hog wild and get an Exec membership with my roommate on the 2nd card. He'll probably end up paying for my membership with the 2% back.

Got 4 x 1.75 bottles of liquor, a tub of mixed nuts with no peanuts, 24 Rockstars for $1.17 each, some soda (25c each, so not amazing, but not bad, but I'm having a party tomorrow) and some pharmacy stuff I needed for around $140. Thanks for the inspiration, thread.

Scarfed down a hot dog with tons of onion and then sipped on my soda while I shopped. Samples were honey, nilla wafers and a cookie, so not the best this time.

How's their marinaded tri tip? I'm going to compare prices with the Mexican market next to my house that is just okay, but if it's really good I'll pay more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Eating a dog after picking up some salmon burgers. A perfect Sunday.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

maniacripper posted:

Those things are loving great. When I first starter going to Costco they were like 10 bucks . Now they're 15 dollars plus 😣

Just checked and I got them for $12 for 12--I'm sorry for your loss. Baybel cheese was also $4 off!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I had 17-or-so (not pairs) random short socks. Decided to toss them and got 60 pairs of identical socks from Costco. Now if I lose one it doesn't matter as they all match, and I don't need to think about socks for the better part of a decade. Got a 1/4 pound PLUS polish with 20 oz drink with free refill on the way out, didn't bring my cart in the food line, got sauerkraut from the lady, added poo poo loads of onion, deli mustard and relish. Also told a guy about the sauerkraut and he went back to the counter to get some to add to his dog. Am I doing this right?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

There is a new Costco opening up on June 29 at 6898 Raleigh Road, San Jose CA 95119. From what I hear I should go at 6pm to meet W. Craig "Big Dog Plus" Jelinek and thank him for keeping the dogs at 1.50?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Nah, its grease from the dog on the lens.

I had the same issue when I sent the photo for the new location to all my friends. It's going to be a lovely June 29 down at the 'Co.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Math You posted:

Did that idiot go to the opening party?

No I'm going on the 29th of this month.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I'm visiting friends in Barcelona, had amazing fish and ribs for lunch and a delicious dinner at my friend's house made by 3 French expats.

I think I'm going to take my housemate to Costco when he picks me up when I am back. Going to get a dog, split a pizza slice and grab a churro.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

FCKGW posted:

what the

Usually a dog fills me up. This is a lot of food for me but I'm going to do it to feel good and cool.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

"I mean, seriously dad, a hotdog AND a soda with FREE REFILLS for a dollar fifty... How are you gonna beat that?!"

God drat, you are a great father. PBUC

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Anyone know what the deal is with the Kirkland light beer? I can't find it at any of the Bay Area Costcos anymore. 48 for $22 was nice..

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Girlfriend got $500 of stuff from Costco for her new apartment. Demanded we get a dog with kraut before shopping. Gave me 10 of the toilet paper rolls since she didn't have enough space. Is she a keeper?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Yes. Did she get a dog too?

She did. Kraut, deli mustard, relish, Parmesan and peppers.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

My girlfriend came clean to me. Apparently I hyped up the Costco hotdog too much. We went to Costco that day since we needed to return a kitchen storage container set, and I had her take a bite of the one I made. She now loves Costco hotdogs (polish), but I have to make them for her (relish and deli mustard first, tons of onions second, and then the kraut, parmesan and pizza peppers on top) from now on. I think I will marry her. PBUC

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Got a tub of ghee (clarified butter) the other day. If you like to cook steak on a stove, I'd recommendónone of the milk solids, so it doesn't burn.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

"KS Whisky should be back in June, but it will become a "seasonal" item. I put seasonal in quotes because the season will be roughly June through January. I'm told the supply wont be there to support year round sales until 2024"

Got that from the guy that gave us a heads up on the unannounced protein bar sale everybody got so hyped about last month.

Any idea if something's up with the Kirkland Silver Tequila 1.75s? Mountain View and Sunnyvale CA didn't have them when I went yesterday :(

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

Silver tequila? Canadian whiskey?!

:sigh:

Come on people, you can do better then that.

I was trying to get a handful of people drunk for $20.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Eating this daily, they seem ok to me :|

Same. Kirkland chocolate nutrition shake in the morning and a bar after working out. Not haute cuisine, but I'm eating it for the nutrition, not the taste.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

If it's a bad enough pile up, i'll just move the cart aside and walk through.

I do this often and lead others through the Cart Sea to freedom.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Got a new set of tires for $425 with a 70,000 mile guarantee. Americaís Tire wanted $1,000. The savings will pay for my membership for almost 5 years. Praise be!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Trip report: Bay Area locations seem to have onion dispenser still. Locations: Sunnyvale, mountain view, San Francisco, south San Jose 101/85 locations.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

milkman dad posted:

Is the forbidden communion when you insert a dog into a chicken bake?

I think that's Reform, but it might be Pentecostco. It's been a while.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Made the chili dog. It was good.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I need milk and a few other essentials, but then I remembered that Costco gives time off on Labor Day so that people can spend time with their families and having fun, instead. Luckily I have a freezer full of stir fry and steak at low prices.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I'm going for that 9am breakfast chili dog and some deals tomorrow.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

It's 2018 just merge it into a mega marriage of 4 people. It's a Costco sized marriage

Every child should be so blessed as to have a bulk order of parents. Thank you, Costco, for looking out for the children.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I have to wait 3 more weeks to get the jamůn. Besides snacking on it hourly, what goes well with it? Thinking some good olives on the side and a little strip of jamůn on top of a warm bread, of course, but what are some more advanced jamůn pairings?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Going to church tomorrow. Will have a 13 hour drive in about 2 weeks. Any suggestions for newish road snacks (havenít been doing 1 hour, every-aisle trips since Covid)? Wife doesnít eat jerky.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

I donít think my store had jamůn. Iím going up to Washington near Mecca soonóanyone know if they have them in the E Seattle/Redmond area?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yeah, it helps if they actually know what they have to begin with. Alot of craft beer dont sit too well on the shelf. While others do...kinda

Ever had craft beer straight from the beer cowís teet? Itís warm and takes some getting used to, but chefskiss.

Iíve been trying the jerkies and have settled on Pacific Gold as my personal preference of sweetness/chewiness...maybe a little on the sweet side. I remember that Costco used to carry a spicy one from the same brand when I was younger, but I havenít seen it for almost a decade. Bay Area, for reference.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Anyone in the Seattle area seen a jamůn? I tried Redmond, but couldnít see any...maybe I missed it?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Uncle Lizard posted:

Tacoma has it and the Fife business center has it. I know that's a little south for you, but it's there. Tukwila usually has everything, and that's not too far south.

If I call and ask will they know what Iím talking about or will I need an item number? Otherwise Iím fine with a little trip down. Thanks!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Jesus I went to a normal grocery store for cereal and ended up making the drive to Costco instead. 15c/oz instead of 25c/oz. Thatís $4 saved, right there. Fools! FOOLS!!!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

no no, keep the heat low and then you can cuddle up inside the bed and have a little nest

(am I the only one who sticks out a "thermal control leg" to get a nice temperature gradient across my body?)

Thermal control feet, but agreed. Best sleep.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

All those out of work monkeys will make for fine jamon capuchin with a few months of curing.

I can never get through a whole monkey in a holiday season. I wish they still sold the 1/2 monkeys.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

This is an ape, specifically an orangutan. They shave those and use them for sex work. Different kind of forced labor. Well, off to go watch the Jungle Book cartoon to imagine this great ape as a king instead of...that.

Got the Mac and Jackís red beer at Costco in the SEA area. Super good, would recommend.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Oh poo poo I forgotóRedmond WA Costco has an automated coffee machine in the food court! Is this going to be a thing now?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

How the hell else are you going to roll it up into a breadcrumb mix to make waygu meatballs?

Or make bone dry burgers with Ďchup.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

No Pants posted:

Is it a new kind of coffee machine? The other Seattle area stores I've visited had theirs turned off or outright disappeared since early this year.

Iím merely on hajj to the holy land for the holidays. I havenít seen them yet in the godless SF Bay Area, but itís a warm color (canít remember if itís red or orange-red) and says it has 5-or-so options such as mocha, black coffee, hot chocolate, etc.

Re: meat scraps. It always bothered me when people discount cheap nuggets. Sure, itís the scrap meat, but what should we do with it? Throw it away? Itís not a prime cut but itís chicken.

Any healthy late night snacks that are overlooked? I usually do a pack of edamame these days, and I donít trust myself with the mozzarella sticks Costco (PBUC) provides in such blessŤd quantity.

The North Tower fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Buy a child an air fryer and you feed him for a day. Teach them how to shake out the right amount of freezer fries into the hopper whenever they want and you take easily a decade off their lifespan. Greatly reducing the number of single days' feedings you need to labor over.

Jokes on you. Youíll need them to help you find water to steal in 2060.