Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Holy poo poo chicken tendies and fries?? daaaang

I got a 1.50 hot dog last weekend. My friend texted to say I should have gotten pizza but she's a vegetarian so she has no say in this matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Back at the holy land

Costco twice in one week, I am truly blessed

Will upload pic of 1.50 hot dog soon

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Lacey posted:

I have a bad thing about Costco! My cousin's baby had a diaper rash of such tenacity it became common family gossip. And when they finally identified the culprit? Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes.

Yo while it is hilarious that his cousin's baby is getting butthurt by Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes, we must be gentle Costco apostles as we guide those who Costco(pbuh) sometimes trespasses against.

Lacey, tell your cousin to return the opened package to Costco for a FULL FREAKING REFUND! And then buy a 1.50 hot dog and soda.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

The selection and prices in the booze area (in MA, it has to be walled off as if it were a separate building) are so good that it makes me wish I liked to drink.

The Costco in Waltham has the booze center inside the same main building.

If you're talking about Dedham, I'm pretty sure that's a separate liquor store that's just attached. Like, different employees, different receipt, no Costco products/prices. Unless they changed things from ~3 years ago?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Can we talk about Costco's red cups? 240 red cups, perfect for playing drinking games and you don't need to go to the corner store before a party and pay marked up prices!

~thank you Costco~

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I just moved into a new apartment, can't wait to hit up the 'Stco to get paper goods

And a 1.50 dog!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just moved into a new apartment, can't wait to hit up Costco to get red cups and a big ol' thing of ground beef and ground turkey so I can freeze it and have lunch for the next month.

And not to mention the 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and drink for 1.50!

E: Lol realize I already posted this but I'm always happy to affirm my love of all things Costco

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

At the 'Stco now, debating whether to get Kirkland brand toilet paper or Scott brand toilet paper.

My heart says Kirkland but my wallet says Scott.

gently caress it GOING WITH KIRKLAND

Thank you 1.50 hot dog for guiding my decisions

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Meydey posted:

FYI It's all Kimberley-Clark

Thank you for this, I told my dad and he immediately switched out his Charmin for Kirkland

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Received a hard copy of the Costco Credit Card today. Truly, I am living for the first time.

lol but this is my first credit card and I'm a big baby and scared because the only debt/credit I've ever taken on was for school

Congratulations, the 'Stco card is one of the better cards you can get! Like the above said, just make sure to pay it off each month and don't spend what you don't have. Enjoy the rewards!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Costco sells Jamaican beef patties?? Oh my dog...

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Does anyone else think Costco should modify the carts to have a dog/pizza holder so you can chew while you cruise?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Congratulations to the happy 'Stco couple!! 🎊 🎊

No mention of them dogs at the reception though

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Guys I'm buying the Sherpa throw today! There's a few brands, which is *da original*?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I bought UHT milk in Spain a lot, it was great because I could buy a couple of 1-Liter TetraBriks and keep the spares in the cabinet while one went in the fridge. I don't think I once threw out spoiled milk. The downside was when I craved a glass of milk and I only had room-temperature because I forgot to put on in the fridge. poo poo was reaaaaally sweet.

Anyway, I love you Costco and I should have visited the one in Madrid but I didn't have a car

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Costco pizzas are a goddamn blessing. Somehow a whole pizza for 10 bucks comfortably feeds 4-6 people. God bless you Sinegal.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

belt posted:

Wait so is the italian sausage not just another option for the 1.50 dog? Sorta like my Costco has it so you can either get a Brat or a Dog for 1.50.

The 1.50 brat is not available in Mass AFAIK, we get the 1.50 dog and the Italian Sausage Sandwich with peppas-n-onions for 2.79. Haven't had in years but is good.

I had the brat when I was in Michigan on a road trip, a good alternative to the dog IMO.

Big Grunty Secret fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 31, 2018

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

What? Every Costco I've been to in Mass has both the $1.50 Dog and Soda, and the Italian sausage sandwich.

My bad, original post edited. In MA we most definitely get the 1/4 lb all beef hot dog and drink (with refill) for 1.50.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Even in death, I still serve Costco!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

We can only hope the Costco army mobilizes soon to liberate the unwashed masses at Sam's Club

Air dropping supply crates full of 1.50 dogs and drinks

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Got gas at Costco today. One of the food court workers just got off shift and was talking to his buddy who was just finishing up the gas station shift. The story I overheard was this: someone at the food court bought a slice of pepperoni pizza. After consuming the entire slice, with the exception of a single piece of the aforementioned pepperoni, the miscreant customer went to complain to the manager about the quality and size of the pizza and demanded a full refund. And, sadly, the manager granted the refund, in full. I get it’s policy but the abuse was shameful.

Turns out my Costco did get just a few ‘live’ Christmas trees returned in the few days after Christmas, all for full refunds, but according to the employees ‘hundreds.’

I feel like Costco returns should be processed by a jury of managers, employees, and a few members to avoid poo poo like this. Execution is too good for the bastard who would try to scam the 'Stco out of 1.99.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Drove some friends to church this morning! I'm sadly not getting anything for my apartment but I will definitely be partaking in the 1/4 lb all beef hot dog and drink with refill

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Is it worth the extra 1.29? I love a good sausage but the dog is just such a good deal.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Oh yeah I'm thinking of the Italian sausage sandwich :can:

I wish my Costco had the Polish or brat, though dat dog is hard to beat!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Costco should ban this woman on principle, unless the proposed Costco tribunal finds a different punishment (execution)

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Our costcos stock 24 packs Sockeye, a local brewery that makes good beer. It's great.

There's also Kirkland Light for when you just want to get drunk.

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Costco also sells large bags of peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated section near the fresh tortillas, basil pesto, cowboy caviar, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

Real talk, buying peeled garlic cloves beats pre-minced garlic everytime. "But what if I can't finish a 'Stco-sized amount of peeled garlic?" I GOT YOU COVERED just wrap the cloves in a foil packet with salt pepper and olive oil and put in a 400F oven for 20 minutes and BAM eat that poo poo on sandwiches, potatoes, or straight up

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

indyrenegade posted:

there's this tub of kirkland-brand pre-minced garlic that is always worth it

listen gently caress I love garlic cloves but gently caress I had to hold back when I was at a gas station after cooking for a crowd last year and a lady loudly asked her husband WOW WHAT SMELLS LIKE GARLIC

idk me getting my gas station green tea two feet away shut up bitch

anyway the tub of garlic is Big and Good and doesn't leave you with "showered in garlic" smell from handling cloves

Use whole cloves and wash your fingers with lemon or steel after to get rid of the scent! I know the pre-minced stuff is far more convenient but a lot of the flavor is lost. Costco (supposedly) sells whole peeled cloves, use those!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Yomofo posted:

I'll never forget seeing some 18 year black old trying to get fired from his job at Costo, or maybe he was just bored. He was selling chocolate caramel candy and he had the best sales pitch, "Come taste my chocolate balls! They are so good in your mouth!" "uuuhhh my balls taste soooo good, you know you want them" ect. He was yelling it like that scene in pretty woman while hip thrusting the table.

Everyone walking buy was loving dying laughing, and it actually worked. People thought he was so funny they were actually buying boxes left and right, we got one just cause he earned it. It lasted like 5 minutes till some manager figured out what was going on and made him switch stations. He should have been promoted to sales.

Hang on that was the plot of an episode of South Park

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I finally manned up and paid for my own Costco membership. The first time strolling in and flashing MY OWN membership card felt like how I imagine Tony Montana felt looking at a mountain of cocaine. Got two cases of seltzer + dog sacrament. Will be back to purchase dad shorts in preparation for an upcoming music festival

-PBUC-

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

By letting those with a lesser load in front of you, you are blessed with getting to spend more time inside of Costco

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Yo I'm having a big barbecue for ~30 people this weekend and was thinking of making steak tips, does anyone know what kind of cuts Costco has that would work? I'm usually a fan of chuck tips for their price

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Taima posted:

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

Sweet thanks for the heads up!

Digging this post up from the dead to say I've done a blind vodka tasting (ie I refilled a variety of vodkas with 10 dollar vodka) and nobody could tell the difference. Vodka marketing is a scam

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

My Costco is out of Kirkland sparkling water! I had to buy four cases of Polar instead! (I'm not really complaining because I love Polar but I want the most seltzer for my dollar)

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

"We found that the cans being used in the first round of product were poo poo. We're working on getting a new can supplier and starting distribution again."

Also

"It hasn't been discontinued, promise. We're just trying to work out some sourcing issues that are keeping us out of national distribution. We're sorry it's not everywhere yet - we want you to be able to get it! Source: work in corporate buying. "

YES thank you! I will keep a sharp eye out for when it returns

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I'm thinking about signing up for the Costco credit card but Nerdwallet reviews say the card has terrible customer service, takes forever to clear payments, and (most bizarre) freezes your account if you make more than one payment a month. Fellow disciples, have you found this to be true? I was excited before but now I'm hesitating.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Has anyone bought the Costco heat tech long sleeve shirts? I need more for biking now that it's cold out, and they're 7 a pop. Does Leonard say it's a buy?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Does Costco sell cognac?

E: Costcognac

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I was going to give the Costcognac a shot for our Thanksgiving celebration - will report back.

Please do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

We got all of our wedding wine from Costco. The top brands were Menage a Trois and Bogle IIRC