Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Argyle posted:

Rejoice, brothers and sisters, for I went to Costco on Saturday and witnessed a miracle:

A fire hydrant went rogue in the parking lot, and all in attendance were baptized in the name of Costco and the Los Angeles fire department.

Also I tried the food court kiosks for the first time. Ordered a whole pizza and didn't even have to wait, they just handed me an already-made one from the stack that they cut up for slices. Pretty dope.

Lol is that the Los Feliz Costco?

Also I always get my workout shorts from Costco. Every year they have really nice board shorts for like 10-12 bucks and they are perfect for working out in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Argyle posted:

Van Nuys. Also, weirdly, I went in looking for gym shorts but didn't see any. Only long pants :shrug:

Yeah gotta catch them early summer.

Check online though Costco.com rules when you canít find your size in store.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

El Jebus posted:

- Some bullshit instead of the Polish dog but gently caress you we are keeping the hotdog.

This x100000

I miss the polish dog.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

they sell 'em in the refrigerated section!!!

Ok look man I appreciate the advice but unless I can pay some dude 1.50 to make me one and a drink itís a no sale.

I really just miss my gluttonous monthly polish dog and slice of pizza.

Also Iím not a huge fan of what they have done with the pizza crust. Itís way too thick now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly a few years ago the Costco pizza was great but they hosed with the crust and the sauce and now its really kinda poo poo.

I'm really not a fan of the thicker crust they use and I swear the sauce tastes like poo poo now too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

Costco is two miles from my house, but my wife will pay more to order stuff from the web site just so she doesn't have to deal with all the morons blocking everything with their carts.

Also, the Kirkland organic Greek yogurt is amazing. I bought it one time when they didn't have the 0% Fage and I prefer it.

Every time Iíve used Costco.com the price was the same as it was in store. Is this not true for everything?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

The website has always been substantially more expensive whenever I've compared to store prices. :confused:

Hmm maybe I never really noticed it but when I saw some clothes in store they didn't have my size in they would typically be the same price. Probably haven't paid enough attention to it though honestly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco has JACHS Flannels for only $9.99 right now! :pcgaming: Also, Costco has Chili Bowls now? I bought one and a cesar salad and couldn't even finish the chili bowl. I didn't even eat half of it. The salad got me too full :smith: They do pack that bowl up to the brim with chili and give ya a cheese cup on top of that.

Are these heavyweight?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I would say somewhere in the middle? These arnt thick wool flannels and not light fleece flannels. A good middle ground.Thick enough to keep you warm on a breezy day and thin enough to be worn with layers, maybe a jacket if it's really cold. Best thing to do is pick one up, try it on and see how ya like it. It's Costco, so return that poo poo if it's not the right fit for you.

My personal opinion is that these are the best budget flannels out there and that's saying something. I owned so many god drat flannels over the years.

*kicks over my mountain of PBRs and avocado toast*

E: had to google it real quick. 100% cotton baaaaaabyyyyyyyyy

Yeah I think I am going to have to brave the hawthorn Costco tonight or tomorrow. It doesnít get cold enough in LA so I could see this working as a jacket.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

And your wedding can only have things bought from Costco.

Decorations, tents, etc etc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Korean BBQ Bake

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Tacos don't have to have cheese. Cheese on a taco is more of Tex-Mex thing, anyway.

I love those big orange barrels of Utz Halloween pretzels, the Bats and Jacks. I give out real candy, too, but the pretzels are ALWAYS popular. One year I gave kids a choice of two items out of Snickers, Reese's Cup, Kit Kat or the Utz, and at least 75% of the kids took a bag of pretzels.

Yeah you beat me to it. Street tacos don't have drat cheese on them wtf.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

they dont have kalbi on them either but hey it's america

Yeah but its still not a street taco. Its some weird thing that while it tastes good isn't a street taco.

I mean unless you can find me the Korean dude with a push cart making some tacos then I will give it to you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 9.99 flannel arrived and can confirm they are legit good.

I only bought two but I think Iím gonna order the two other colors.

They are perfect for those chilly southern California days.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

When the DOTA tournament was going on across the street, I glimpsed a gamer chowing down on a sandwich composed of two slices of pizza wrapped around two hot-dogs.

I am not sure how I feel about this but now Iím tempted to try it...

Also headed to Costco at 3pm on a Monday. Google claims itís not busy but we will see how true that is.

Edit wasnít empty but the lines were super short and I got some cheap flannels.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 8, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

I've got a very high number of the costco flannels. I think I buy a few of theme very year, they're great.

I actually ended up buying two other brands and they seem great as well.

A++ would use Costco to outfit my wardrobe in flannel again.

Also my Costco still had a boat load of the nicer board shorts left lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

All 16 Costco Food Court Items, Ranked
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/10/all_16_costco_food_court_items_ranked_worst_to_bes.html

Number one is the Churro? gently caress off New Jersey.

lol I mean its good but it aint that good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

Does anyone know if they do something like brine their rotisserie chickens to make them taste so much better than other grocery stores?

Also what does pbuc mean??

Pretty sure they inject them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I think it's just some salt and pepper and thas about it.

Please buy us chicken

Na man they totally inject it too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I now own 2 out of the 3 different color variations of this seasons flannels :siren:

Also got a chili bowl togo for the wife.

Excellent!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Why are all the stretchy mens pants at the co universally also designed for people with chicken legs. I wear 34x32 and these GH bass pants fit great from mid-thigh up, but everything below looks like it got poured in.

I just want cheap easily returnable stretchy manpants. Is that too much to ask.

Why not the 505s?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Once you go stretchy you can't go back.

The 505s are stretchy though?

And you are 100% correct.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Oh snap off to costco I go and hope they're not all 29 inseam. I even looked at them to see if they were stretch last time and just gave up.

I'm wearing them right now and they are nice and stretch.

Also costco.com works if you can't find your size.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also Costco.com!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh wtf that is 100% stupid.

Make them like the 506 or some poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Yeah, 1% isn't a whole lot of stretch.

It's even dumber than those listing let on. One of these colors is the normal "stretch" blend: 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane. The other is 88% Cotton, 11% Polyester, 1% Elastane.

:bang:

Why??? whyyyyyyyyyyy????? :arghfist:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

I need a 36/36, and I've never seen a 36 inseam at Costco :(

They stock it but its just really rare.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fake James posted:

Do the flannel shirts run smaller, larger, athletic or normal fit, etc? Like, my button up shirts from Old Navy are large size & regular fit, would a large flannel shirt fit my pre-corpse the same ?

Yeah it should.

I think they have tall sizes too but Iím not sure if itís that brand or not.

As far as I can tell a large is a regular large no weirdness.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I need some new flannel because mine are all like 6 years old and falling apart.

Are these flannel 100% cotton ?

1000% awesome

If they have them try on the voyager brand ones. Itís more like a light coat but itís super nice too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I picked up a flannel. These are heavy duty.

Yeah for 9.99 they are pretty drat amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I went at 3pm on a Monday and while it wasn't dead the lines were pretty drat short and got in and out pretty quickly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Costco flooring locally are booked out for weeks. I put in my info in the costco website, and I got a call a day later from some local flooring company contracted out to Costco. "When would you like us to come out with the samples?" "Tuesday would be great," "Oh haha we are booked out for three weeks."

Then why are you asking me when I'm free? Tell me when you're free. Earliest date please!

So, October 30th I'm having their person come out with the flooring samples, take the measurements, and get the total written right there. Which is great, except the month's 15% cashback bonus ends on the 28th. Wonder if they'll still honor it.

You should call them and ask. 15% is pretty big

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I'm thinking about signing up for the Costco credit card but Nerdwallet reviews say the card has terrible customer service, takes forever to clear payments, and (most bizarre) freezes your account if you make more than one payment a month. Fellow disciples, have you found this to be true? I was excited before but now I'm hesitating.

Isnít it just a citi card? Like that doesnít make sense.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah for real the Costco pizza for parties is hands down the best deal around.

You can order a poo poo load of dogs too (or at least I can at mine).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I had a Costco desk chair for years before the arm started falling apart. I never could find a good replacement from Costco but drat that was an amazing chair.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Is the 55" TCL Roku 4k TV good? Its going on sale for like 270, and I kind of want to upgrade my 42" 1080p

270 is a pretty drat good price but if you find the model that would help.

Honestly though itís under $300 and as long as it doesnít self immolate when you plug it in it will probably be a pretty good step up from what you have.

Once you start getting into like sub 300 range a lot of the TVs start to blend together unless you are getting a last year higher end model at a deep discount.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Since Costco makes it a huge pain to find model number, I THINK it's the TCL 55S403

If thatís the model number then yeah Iíd absolutely get that for $270.

It has HDR which is pretty cool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah $270 is a no brainer if you are in the market for that size.

Do it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Also got what appeared to be some nice new 100 dollar bed sheets that they had a promotion thing on, but when I got home I noticed they were made from polyester, so I'm gonna take them back :( gently caress is up with that?

Ok so like thatís new thing Iím seeing all over the place. Like they market it as ďyour workout clothes feel great why shouldnít your sheets!!Ē
:shrug:

I got some like $30 off amazon that are soft as poo poo and people like them so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Good article about the people who check your receipt.

https://thetakeout.com/why-costco-employees-check-receipts-exit-1830254570

They're there to make sure you arent being overcharged. pbuc~!

So I went into the article thinking yeah loving right.

I finished the article thinking PBUC.