Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

shovelbum posted:

do you tell them to hold the syrup

They used to offer plain frozen coffee as well as frozen mocha too with no syrup at all, but they got rid of it sometime in the past year. I think the frozen mocha without syrup is still too sweet :(.

Bring back the frozen coffee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Probably just clearing out stock of the 100% beef hotdogs to make room for their new and improved 105% beef hotdogs. PBUC

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Does Costco have cottage cheese? I eat it a lot and usually get two 32oz (I think, the bigger one) and it'd be nice to go to the 'co and have them bless me with the food of the gods.

IIRC it's 3 lbs of land o lakes cottage cheese for $5-$6. In Indiana, at least.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

fordham posted:

drat I wish they carried these in Mass. I currently order tomatoes from Amazon to make sauce because the grocery store stock is pretty much entirely trash.

Do you guys not have these https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Nina-Imported-Italian-Peeled-Tomatoes%2C-106-oz.product.11880390.html at your Costco for like $3? I use this to can sauce per my grandpa's (approximate) recipe. Usually combine 3-4 tomato cans with a 1.5 liter costco wine and buttload of oregano into Ball jars. Lasts months.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I buy so many chicken nuggets from Costco now that I have kids and I am not at all upset. I love chicken nuggets.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
The bulgogi is just in your face sweet. That much seasoning is ok if you plan for it, but it's not that great if you are just eating it with rice. I have used it in bulgogi wraps successfully. Still I would probably just make my own if I had company coming over or something.

The Mac and cheese is easily my #2 after the roti chicken. Also the chicken alfredo is great.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Apparently this is authentic. From what some goons who live in korea posted, in the 90's the entire country decided to get diabetes and just started cranking up the sugar levels of their cuisine.

Haha. I'd love to visit korea some day and find out myself!

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Oh so it's authentic specifically for bulgogi from the 90s? Just need to wait for that time machine to be invented then, yep.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Is there a better spring/summer weekend family lunch kit than the Kirkland Smoked Pulled Pork, Grillo's Pickle Chips and a 16 pack of hamburger buns and your choice of fresh veggie/fruit? I say nay.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Kirkland Signature Home

Yes, please Costco. Imagine the executive rebate check!

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

david_a posted:

I fill it up with literally soda

I’m not sure every fountain drink machine has a soda water lever, but I’m glad the CostCo version does

Soda water with a splash of mtn dew is my go to.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I brought Grillo's pickles to a work event a year ago along with other ingredients for lunchmeat sandwiches and I still get comments to this day about how good "those pickles" were from the non-members.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

toplitzin posted:

When did the Costco packs of butter go from a package of 4 1lb boxes to a package of 3?

News to me! Must have just changed over.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

The Walrus posted:

this nongshim 'tonjotsu premium ramen' is pretty bad. very bland.

I assume you mean 'Tonkotsu'? and actually it's extremely good. I add dried shiitake to mine.

e: this one https://snackathonfoods.com/products/nongshim-premium-tonkotsu-ramen

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

WescottF1 posted:

I really liked that one but they didn't have it last time I was at the church so I had to buy the other with Iron Chef Morimoto on the package.

How was it? Morimoto looks so happy on the packaging.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Daisy cottage cheese is literally like a tub of snot. Land o lakes cottage cheese is extremely good .

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

isn't "snot" like, the literal texture result of the cottage cheese production process? it has a chunky part and a soupy part. curds and whey

It should be more like little cheese bits in a tiny amount of mildly tart milk. Not cheese bits in a viscous mess.

The fancy cottage cheese that they sometimes have in the blue container, Good Culture, is also extremely tasty (extra tart) but kinda expensive.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
we talking sourcream now? Breakstone is the gold standard in my book. Same as with cottage cheese, Daisy brand SUCKS, however their container for dispensing sour cream is good.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Tuttorosso does not make good canned tomatoes. Sometimes my Costco stocks Cento and it's like 10x better so I stock up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
My Costco had something new to me, Labne Kefir Cheese. Bought it without plans, but ended up just scooping it up with naan and broccoli. also decided to the do the classic sour cream + french onion mix chip and veggie dip but with this stuff instead of sour cream and it was amazing - probably even better than with sour cream. Opened and finished the 3lb tub on this 4th of July weekend with some help from both sides of our family no problem.
https://www.karouncheese.com/product/labne-kefir-cheese-3-lb/1032
Good stuff!! Just wish my Costco would actually carry Kefir, please!