Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

This is a crime against proper cheese packaging. There is no way this cheese tastes good or like it is even supposed to. Also those are probably $4-6 pieces of cheese so you aren’t even saving much money compared to, say, picking out freshly cut cheeses that you like with a cheesemonger at Whole Foods. (Which is my job and I love it a lot and I WILL fight you about cheese.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can you guys cut the cheese pieces smaller so i can try a new cheese for less than $15 thank you

Our target cheese cost is $5-7 per chunk, so IDK what is up at your store. Also, you can literally try any cheese you want. It’s our job to get the cheese into your mouth. Also at my WF we have an “under $5” bin which we fill daily with an assortment of whatever we cut. Sounds like you maybe need a better run WF specialty department!

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

uli2000 posted:

My pro tier tip on the Baby Belles: Before consuming, leave them out unrefridgerated for a bit to come up to room termp. I always ate them straight out of the fridge and while good, they were kinda bland. One day, coming home from church, we missed them while we were putting perishibles in the coolers (I live almost 4 hours from church, gotta bring the coolers and the insulated bags) and found them in the blessed box with the non perishable items. I decided to open one up to make sure it was ok. I was amazed at the creamy texture and flavor after they came to room temp. Now when we get them Ill pull them out of the fridge for an hour or so before eating them.

Turns out you're supposed to do that with lots of cheeses, I didn't know that because good Costco cheese never lasts an hour out of the fridge at my house.

Most cheese should be served at room temperature. ESPECIALLY BRIE.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Grabbed a caesar salad today. Also saw this

I think the cheeses are close to expiry, the best by date is only a couple days from now

Notes from a cheesemonger:

At my store, bries like Fromager d'Affinois get a sell-by date of six days after we cut and wrap them. (Whole Foods, not Costco.) But they actually get tastier as the days progress. More intense, if you like that sort of thing in a brie. This particular cheese is super mild, though, and a best-by date of a couple of days away is totally fine. And a pound of it is like two servings, really. Pour some honey on that poo poo and go to town.