Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

hi thread I’m pretty new to costco but their multipacks of 90 second microwave garlic brown rice and quinoa are really clutch when I almost forget to make dinner

what’s the best liquor to buy there? I still haven’t made it to their booze section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Behotti posted:

My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

Their diapers and wipes are v good, assuming spawn are that age bracket. Aussie bites and marinated mozzarella balls (not together) are A+ parent snacks, though you might burn out on them. If there is a toddler, the applesauce packets are primo. 3 pack of organic whole milk is a great deal. The beef n sausage freezer lasagna is my very favorite no effort meal.

If it’s relevant to your life, I’ve heard good things about the collapsible beach wagon, but can’t vouch for it myself.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Are Kirkland kitchen trash bags good n’ sturdy? I’m always nervous trying new brands of trash bags because the last thing I want are cheapshit bags that fail spectacularly.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Shwqa posted:

My brother used to throw away stuff in a trash can without trash bags and it lead to some of the worst mess I have ever gotten the pleasure to smell.

Ok- and I’m going to sound like my parents here- was he raised in a barn?

Anyway it sounds like trash bags are a go. Thank you thread. Looking forward to my Costco trip today.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Hello from the food court. Got a buncha mozz balls in my cart and I’m drinking my first ice cold fountain soda in over a year.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Maybe I’m missing something here, but what about a hefty tri-ply stainless steel skillet/saute pan? They’re perfect for pan sauces and like a whole bunch of other cooking.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Btw the Kirkland purple bottle moisturizing shampoo is very nice, even if you have curlyish hair and are picky about shampoo. A+ pro move to include a pump on the bottle, will buy again eventually.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

My parents are downsizing and are giving me their chest freezer and I think I’m more excited about that than any other thing I’ve gotten from them in the past few years. Looking forward to new, expanded Costco runs.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

The Massachusetts Costcos put the dangerous liquor/beer area in its own cage-like room after the registers to protect us from its sinful allure or something because this state’s blue laws are extremely weird and archaic.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Btw the frozen beer battered cod from Costco is thoroughly superior to like all supermarket fish fillets. They’ve got big, chunky pieces of good fish in them and the batter isn’t just a heavy congealed mass. Would recommend a box for a few family dinners. Had some with baked beans and a veg last night :yum:

Tell me about buying a washer and dryer at Costco. Ours is reaching end of life and I’m keepin an eye out for deals.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Got some furniture delivered from Costco. Looked like really good quality for the price, but unfortunately it wouldn’t fit up our winding old stairs (despite us trying to measure and visualize before placing the order) so we had to send it back.

Props to the process where the delivery guys just call in the refund and put it back on the truck though :(

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Holy moly are they doing a sale on diapers and wipes? And razor blades? Yesssss. Was planning on going to the co this week but may have to postpone for the $savings$

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Keep hoping to see the multipack of Vintage Seltzer at my Costco. Mega Bubbles.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Ugh my local co has an awful beer selection

Lookin forward to some speakeasy cookies after the kids go to bed though

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

My partner and I are switching from paper towels to reusable dish cloths... And Costco has a 24 pack for like $12 :kiss:

Nice. We basically cut our paper towel usage to a third by doing this and save the disposable towels for the grosser stuff.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

My toddler eats the heck out of the chicken alfredo bake for the three nights it lasts us so even though it’s not that spectacular I pick one up every time.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Forgot I bought tp on the previous Costco run so now we’re extremely all set on tp :smug:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

those peppermint cookie squares were so drat good, v excited they have returned.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

fordham posted:

Does your store not have Rao's? It's 1000x better than Prego and 998x better than Classico.

If they don’t have Rao’s, Victoria is also a solid upgrade.

The costco frozen meatballs, a jar of good sauce, and some pasta is one of my favorite low effort always-in-the-pantry meals. :yum:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Bought my partner some of the made in USA The Game brand sweatpants and I’m straight up jealous they don’t make them in a women’s cut (or a men’s short inseam). The fabric is so sturdy and plush, those are some long-term, toasty sweatpants.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Pouring out a 40 (ounce jar of Costco Victoria pasta sauce) for my family

(they eat so much)

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Very excited to go to Costco this afternoon. Gonna buy three packs of their three pack of organic milk because it’s a fantastic deal and my children refuse to acknowledge that plain water exists.

I’m not limited by the extremely long expiration date, I’m only limited by how many will fit in the fridge.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

I picked up cheese danishes yesterday for a Saturday breakfast treat and those things are legit. A solid half inch of tangy cream cheese filling in those bad boys with none of that weird goopy filler glaze.

Also got some rambutans they are a fantastic hairy fruit.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

All this tells me is Costco should sell Kirkland brand bidets.

I did see Toto washlets there on Friday

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

I was kinda disappointed in the costco chicken pot pie. Too salty, and the filling gunk was kind of bland except for salt. The pro is that it’s hubcap sized so I don’t need to cook tonight.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

They have a women’s pj set that are basically perfect winter weight pajamas but they have disney or harry potter prints on them. I’ve broken down and gotten two sets anyway they’re that good otherwise.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Went to the co to pick up the stuff my family eats a ton of. Finally found the hatch chilies too.

Also bought a bottle of Japanese whiskey for a present for my partner. Hoping it’s good!

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Suntori is fantastic. Just perfect. They have a gift box that comes with some coaster for the same cost as they sell a regular bottle, so grab that if you can

They had a Hatozaki Small Batch bottle that I picked up. Agreed that Suntori is great- I’d have grabbed that if he hadn’t talked about trying something new a little while ago.

There was also a somewhat ridiculous looking Yamato Edition whiskey that had a samurai bust on the bottle but I couldn’t bring myself to give it as a gift.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I remember the days of 2 dollar/pound brisket :(

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

We've got a newborn (3 weeks so far!) now so we have very little time and energy for cooking. Went to church for some essentials and also picked up the precooked pot roast and lemongrass chicken things from the refrigerated section, both were pretty good! Any other suggestions from that premade reheat stuff section? Salad and seafood are kind of a no go until my wife's appetite for those things returns to normal but it looked like there was some interesting stuff there.

Those superfood/veggie egg bites are really good (they also reheat from frozen well). I ate a lot of those while nursing. The pierogis are good, and the chicken tikka masala is filling with some of those little naan breads.

Not refrigerated, but the Red’s burritos and those fig bars were also clutch in the newborn phase.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Has anyone gotten holiday cards from their online print center? It’s too late for me to get them this year, but prices are fantastic compared to some of the major competitors.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Renegret posted:

It may not be too late. Ours came pretty quickly.

My non-refundable, more expensive cards are getting delivered today :negative:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Gonna attempt a late evening Costco run after the kids go to bed tonight. Pretty sure it’ll be more pleasant than a weekend trip before Christmas.

Also gonna buy some animal crackers “for my toddler”.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

We switched to using reusable cleaning rags shortly before the pandemic started and hoo boy were we happy with that decision. We still keep paper towels around for certain types of messes and some cooking applications but I would definitely recommend the switch.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Hell yeah giant pack of roasted seaweed snacks

Also Costco at 7:30pm on a Wednesday is really chill and good, the only downside is not having room for a dog after dinner.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

20 count little veggie egg frittata things are solid, easy and quick breakfast!

Controversial opinion, but with a little bit of that sir kensington’s ketchup they are :yum:

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

My Costco carries paneer and that is some excellent ‘last minute instant pot dinner’ hero cheese. I can count on this family to eat cheese 100% of the times its offered, so I hope the Costco keeps stocking it.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

nwin posted:

Cool. I’m sure every parent is glad to take your advice and surely haven’t ever thought of these creative ideas you mentioned.

Yeah, this. There’s a whole heap of pandemic parenting decisions that need to be made daily and maybe, just maybe, this goon may not have a complete idea of why those parents are making that choice.

Tho I go to Costco after the kids go to sleep. And yeah, I’d rather sit on the couch for literally the first time that day during that time period. It sucks and I’m exhausted and my young kids have basically never encountered ‘running errands’ in their entire lives, which is pretty messed up.

So I’m gonna cut the plague family a break at this point.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

mds2 posted:

I took a chance on the pork bao rolls in the refrigerated section. Was not disappointed.

These were great and I’m mad I didn’t see them again on my trip last night.

They were also out of the kirkland applesauce pouches so I got the gogo ones and now my kids are gonna fight over the flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Whole milk or bust. Why drink anything else

:hmmyes:

Also Costco’s 3-half gallon pack of organic whole milk is a fantastic deal if you want delicious organic milk that lasts forever in the fridge. Easily $5 less than buying similar milk at the grocery store, and our current batch outdates in late March (not that the family won’t drink it within the week).