Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
I'm going to come out and say it.

Have you ever seen a Vitamix demonstration in Costco? yknow that 500 dollar blender ? I'm afraid to admit it.

I did that poo poo... for 3 and a half years

So yeah, if you've imagined it at Costco? I've seen it.

Old man slip and crack his head open? Yep

The Costco in Lancaster PA with buggy parking? Yep

People getting in a screaming argument over ham? Yep.

The day before Thanksgiving? YEP.

12 hours a day, 7 days straight.

non stop serving out samples.

100% Commission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Xaris posted:

drat dude. so did you make no money if no one bought anything?
also was the blender actually good? i need a new one but proably looking to spend <$150 if possible

Admittedly, Yeah. They're kick rear end. I've demoed a bunch of their different models and I'd only really suggest the manual model they sell at costco all the time. or the 5200, the classic.

Keep in mind, its a 7 year unlimited warrantee, on top of the Costco guarantee. So, yeah you can return it at any given time no questions asked, just keep the box. Only purchase it when it's on sale, which usually happens around Tax Season, mid-late august, black friday and christmas, when its the cheapest.

and yeah. If it was a lovely day, i'd end up standing there all day and nothing to show for it. Other days, I'd make over a grand.

shut up netface fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 28, 2017

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Toilet Shoes posted:

Gonna need a story there Hoss.

Squabbles over other samples can get dicey. I've only seen it with older people. Within my first few months I saw a fragile indian grandmother push a child out of the way BY THE FACE for a 2 oz sample of a smoothie.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Toilet Shoes posted:

Dude, this sounds like an awesome thread idea.

Ask the sample ladies at the Costco. Especially the ones who look the most "over" the job. One woman told me how she was handing out INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED AND APPROPRIATELY LABELED DOG TREATS and watched a man eat it as she pleaded him to stop.

I mean, they were those jerky treats...but still.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Anyone think they’re gonna stop sampling due to transmission concerns? We can’t have those old people touching all of the samples.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Rumor mill has come down from Club Demonstration Services (the company that employs the sample ladies) That they're going to be STOPPING SAMPLING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco-changing-free-sample-policy-131733902.html

ya can still eat 1.50 dogs tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
TODAYS THE DAY GUYS

EXECUTIVE REWARD CHECK ARRIVED IN THE MAIL.

I aint gonna go to church anytime soon to spend it, unfortunately.