Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the holy land yesterday and put onions and parmesan on my dog

Was p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've gone to Costco enough on Thursdays that my phone is giving me travel time to Costco unprompted

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to a Costco I've never been to today. It is the fourth church I have visited.

Dedham
Waltham
Nashua
Danvers

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've not had the kraut but I don't know if my church carries it in the court of kings

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to Costco tonight and might buy a vacuum sealer I'm stoked

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Disco Salmon posted:

I <3 mine so much.... you will love it too!

They didn't have the model I wanted :(

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

KakerMix posted:

I don't care what other people eat, kiss, wear or screw so I don't have strong opinions on condiments either and I think this is a pretty reasonable opinion template to work with. If I did boy would I be exhausted!

ya i mean I ain't a libertarian tech bro but idgaf what u do so I guess in a libertarian

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

as long as you get communion

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I wish I had a toaster oven then I could cook 2 potatoes at a time instead of using the whole oven

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Local Costco doesn't have KIRKLAND ORGANIC BERRIES AND NUTS WITH PUMKIN SEEDS and I am sad

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I returned something once but I can't remember what it was but it was something defective

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Renegret posted:

The onion box is always empty when I go to Costco on weekends. Going on a Tuesday afternoon is a pro move. All I need to do is never have to go to work again.

With a lunch that only costs $1.50 (with drink and refill) maybe you don't need to work?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I need to get my snow tires taken off but I can't tell if the tire center is open on Sunday?

Also, will they swap tires if I don't buy new ones? I already have the non snow tires...

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Mortgage program too

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Nooooooooooo costocoooooooo

Why? Why did you get rid of the VERY BERRY FROYO SUNDAE WITH VANILLA CHOCOLATE TWIST

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Idk what's up but the 32 degree shirt did not fit me at all.

Well it's because I'm not talk enough and anbit too rotund I guess

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Just got my executive dividend - goddamn I spend a lot of money at Costco.

I only got 74 :(

But worth it in the end since it paid for more than the difference in basic vs executive

Also recently they have been telling me in order to split my bill into multiple orders I need the business card, which is less than the executive, which I don't understand

E: I do run a business and do personal and business shopping at the same time so I like to get separate recipts

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Hail Costco, restoring sight to the semi-blind

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought some figgy pops yesterday since people itt seem to like them but I think they aren't great

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I bought a new pillow at Costco and I was really excited about it but it is a very bad pillow.

Can I return it without the packaging?

I'm sorry Costco :(

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cool max pillow owns... to the max

I think the pillow is one of these but it is way too thick and hurts my neck

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

I was obsessed with Siggis' yogurt and Costco had a 12-pack for $12, but then got rid of it. I've been to three different Costcos. I ain't paying loving 1.69 - 1.99 grocery store prices for 1 jfc

sucks when the costco gets rid of good poo poo

Kirkland organic berries and nuts with pumpkin seeds :(

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For the uninitiated there is a thread about DE razors but I'm phone posting so you will have to find it on your own

It's pretty great though

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Rutibex posted:

they should fill your tires with helium, for weight reduction

This is an explosive idea everyone is going to start doing this

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe, probably

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Can I use Citi price rewind with my Citi Costco visa card for a purchase made at Costco? They did not have the lowest price on the item but it was the most convienant

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My Costco had a woman who worked as a cart unloader or casheirs helper or whatever but she had super bad ADD or something because the cashier she was always working with had to constantly say her name to remind her to actually unload the cart

MADISON! THE CART MADISON!

haven't seen her in 6mo though

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Texted my wife and asked if she wanted to go to Costco.

Texted back within 5 seconds "Yes!!"

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

She was more excited to go to Costco than when I proposed to her!!!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If I buy the package of salmon how well will it freeze if I have a food saver vacuum sealer machine

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

My wife used it, though for a used car.

We submitted the car model we wanted and they got back to us with an affiliated dealer some 25 miles away-- the discount is only valid with the dealers they send you to. The dealer was very friendly, but I don't recall any talk of pricing before we got there.
The deal was something like 800 off listed price, making it essentially a no haggle negotiation.
They were patient enough and offered a 0% APR, while also giving us 1000 more for the trade in car than other places, so we went with it.
It still took the better part of 3ish hours, and we still had to say no to all the add-ons, but the experience was pretty positive.

I have an appointment with a Subaru dealer tomorrow night - never bought a car before but so far they have been the only ones (contacted through Costco) that haven't been total shitlords on the phone

e: dont know if this is because costco or subaru

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I'm going to say it's because Costco. There's a whole expectation that they'll be really pleasant to the cardholders, and the followup after you purchase includes a customer satisfaction survey.

My deal also included a coupon for 20% off any accessory, for what it's worth :3:

yea i did it for a mitsubishi dealer too but the guy that called was a loving idiot and i am not going to talk to them again

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

gvibes posted:

Bought two cars through it. A Subaru for ~3% under invoice and a Honda for ~6% under invoice.

Mind if I ask what the discount on the Subaru was? I went last night and they said $500 off manuf. price but they never actually showed me the Costco price sheet, so I emailed asking for it. Hopefully they get back to me today

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The price sheet is confidential and they powerslam any dealer that lets someone walk off with it (though the better ones will still show it to you). Right now on Subarus it's a pretty hefty number under invoice (i.e. dealer cost) so it's a hella good deal. The only one that isn't is the Ascent and that's because it's super new as of like a couple weeks ago.

I called and asked for them to show me the price sheet and they said it didn't exist so idk what's up. I feel like I should give Costco a call

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Walrusmaster posted:

For what it's worth, my wife bought a 2018 impreza last November (shamefully not through Costco) and I got her $3000 off msrp. Hopefully that gives you some kind of baseline.

Lol yea it does and tbh the guy I was talking to wasn't one of the listed Costco auto people.

I looked online and the price for my car is lower online that what he quoted me as so I'm going to call the auto program

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

In line at food Court, a mother wheels.up her cart with young child.

Mother: We can go to Dunkin and not wait in line
Child: Noooooooo
Mother: *sigh* ok we can wait

The child is blessed, the mother cursed

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

The clingwrap is loving amazing. I think it's probably lasted us like 5 years so far. To be fair, I don't use the cling wrap a whole lot since I have glass containers I mostly use to store things.

I do buy the precut aluminum sheets because those blades are always garbage and tear awfully, and I'm willing to pay a bit more for not having to deal with that poo poo and just yank em out, and this thing is like an infinite pit of aluminum foil sheets holy poo poo it doesn't end. I've had it for years and regularly pull them out to line my toaster oven's tray and stuff, its loving amazing.

I used a box of Costco to cling wrap a pallet PBUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Taima posted:

It's usually around 8 bucks and is 5 bucks right now. And yeah they are still discounting it as of today.

While not 50% off, it's a great deal especially because Kirkland products have a limited profit attached to them (something like 10-15% if I remember right) so theoretically that pricing means that they are losing money on the pesto as a loss leader.

That's why Kirkland stuff, when it goes on sale, is usually only discounted by a dollar or two. The margins are small.

They are likely getting a rebate from the manufacturer to move product if it is priced below wholesale cost

Unless it's Kirkland brand in which case ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I might go to church tomorrow and take. communion but I haven't decided