Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Wish I had double checked here about the ramen because I got the A-Sha tainan noodles and they kinda suck. At least on their own. Maybe combined with a stir fry it’d be ok. Keep or return, hmm.

Asha noodles are a whole different thing than ramen, you’re gonna want to not have any broth on them when you serve em imo, and like, put something atop em.

You want soupy ramen, get the udon noodles if your Costco still has them, they are so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrQueasy posted:

I went in warned about needing to strain the asha noodles, and I must say I am a fan. I'm gonna put an egg and some green onions in next batch as it's more of a backing piece IMO.

:hmmyes:

this dude knows what's up

serve like a chicken cutlet on em or whatever, theyd be perfect for that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

tonkotsu and tonkatsu are different words

confusingly, tonkotsu tonkatsu ramen is possible and not even that obscure

let me know when buffalo buffalo buffalo ramen is available plz

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

And.... isn't there a rule that meat can't be put back on the shelf? Imagine some yahoo bringing $500 in beef loins up front, not having a membership, then it all has to go to the dumpster.

stores will usually only chuck meat that has either gotten room temperature, or left the store itself.