Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My Costco doesn't have liquor because apparently Colorado is just like Kentucky on a Sunday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Costco 4-pack for $4 dimmable LED flood lights have been a blessing for my kitchen

PBUC

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

put them in your crawl space

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fake James posted:

Yo thread when does the Beer Advent Calendar usually hit shelves???

i saw it at the costco in harrisonburg, va two weeks ago

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

just picked up some halloween candy and a sherpa throw and refreshed my sock/underwear wardrobe for the next couple of years

pbuc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

do they sell the onionizer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the onionizer seems like a brute machine only capable of drowning your dog but if you're really delicate you can get the perfect line of onions right down the middle

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the boys of costco

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Olanphonia posted:

(One) of my local Costcos upped the game on the jamon iberico

Please enjoy the secondary, serendipitous shot of the guy buying over 800 bottles of water. Probably because Amazon is coming to our area??

Yo is the display a real ham

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I tried to get a contact lens fitting at Costco and they just told me to go to America’s Best to get it done for half the price lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol why would you buy a xmas tree instead of paying rent or eating

To feel slightly less depressed on the holidays

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Will they do delivery from the store? Ain’t no way I’m fitting those giant sectional couch boxes in my hatch.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

I've exercised so much loving self restraint not buying a pack of reko pizelles every costco trip because they're like 500 calories a piece and it's easy to eat like 30 in a sitting. Now my local grocery story has small packs of them and now i have to avoid the whole "ethnic" section.

calories are like vitamins where if you take 1000x your daily value the extra just passes harmlessly through you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FCKGW posted:

They're wearing a DirecTV shirt and standing in front of the DirecTV kiosk tho

The ones at my store don't wear a uniform and hang out by other displays lol

I was looking at a bbq once and the dude started chatting me up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

raton posted:

Cream is expensive, how much would it cost you to buy a gallon of cream?

I assume my cost for cream is 200x what an ice cream manufacturer would pay for an order of 100 tons

Not to be mistaken for the cost of my cream

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only loud explosive fart machine allowed in the house is me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m more of a sack with a dollar sign kind of guy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taima posted:

Look dude I'm not going to argue with some guy that warns people about the dangers of carbonated water, and also complains like a little bitch about "the lefties" in GBS threads ok? Go back to your fallout shelter and stroke your guns.

By the way you can easily look up the carbonation claim and understand that you're full of poo poo, but that would require science which you presumably don't believe in.

e: Just kidding I looked up literally the first google result for you, look I'm helping: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-carbonated-water-bad-for-you#calciumloss-in-bones

Dude you gotta just ignore the people who make poo poo up about the dangers of carbonation and sugar substitutes. You’re not going to convince them otherwise because they didn’t arrive at their position through careful consideration in the first place.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

I've also had good tamales from the back of some random pickup.

We used to have a guy who would roam our neighborhood and local Walmart parking lot and sell tamales out the back of his hosed up 96 Sentra

I miss him. I hope he’s doing ok

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hed posted:

Where does the rest of these Iberian pigs go? Can I get acorn-fed loins, bacon, ham hocks? Is there some high end Spam that’s solely from black pigs of Seville? And can I get it at Costco dot com?

Fed to the remaining pigs to concentrate the ham

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Big Data posted:

an animal whose legs broke under its own perverse weight and just sort of slid around a floor caked in 6 inches of feces and dead animals.

wow don't make it personal; i'm working on myself

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

No one in Australia drinks Fosters.

I assume that's because the only drink that doesn't cost $60USD a case is malt liquor

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

revmoo posted:

I mean, I like chicken-fried steak and all but I've never bought cube steak at Costco.

I like my stew meat rare. Like a MAN!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Costco pizza rates a 4/10 but the only thing that beats the $2.50 slice + drink combo is the dog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soft crust is a crime imo but not a capital one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Does anyone remember the 80s when Uno and Pizza Hut were sit down family restaurants that made pizzas and not just mall kiosks serving microwave stuff?

Yeah I remember today where Pizza Hut is still a sit down restaurant

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

This sounds like a place lost in time. Are they still giving out Back to the Future 2 collectors cups?

No clue, I haven't gone to one in 6 years and it was as rough as you'd expect it to be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

e.pilot posted:

I see you live in a dying small town.

Denver

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Denver got rid of its insane temperance era beer law so now Costco is selling flats of local brews

Hallelujah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I won’t pick on the samples because in my experience half the people anywhere in Costco are the type to jerk to a sudden and complete stop directly in front of you or leave their cart blocking an entire aisle. I’ve learned to be more aggressive about shoving peoples’ poo poo out of the way.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hakimashou posted:

There little polish sausage shop delis here that make and sell their own so when i get the urge I go there.

I am kind of regretting passing up on the little pancake though.

the pancake was good but probably only because it was slathered in jam. you know the actual pancake tastes like dirt

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought and returned a fleece lined hoodie because they didn’t put the fleece in the arms, just cold thin polyester. A damned dirty trick.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you're not using every bit of whatever you buy from Costco you're doing it wrong, but it does take some time to dial it in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

spacebard posted:

I found out they're doing an audit on memberships on my most recent trip to Costco.

They said, You're account was flagged!" at the register, and it sent me into fight/flight. I mean only missed communion that one time this year.

But all they just wanted was to save me money with an executive membership :3:

PBUC

One time I had a CostCo guy literally sprint up to me at the cafe and accuse me of dining on hot dogs without a license

Like dude, your guys don't even check for the cards at the customer service/cafe entrance

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Next level is collecting samples and bringing them to the cafe

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Half and half can be directly substituted for whole/2% milk in any recipe and it tastes way better imo

It’s even better in cereal

Just don’t drink it straight or you’ll turn into a balloon I guess

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Have you ever ordered a DAWG and told the cashier that you don't want the drink? They get real antsy about it. I'm not tryin to get a cheaper hot dog. I just don't want the cup my dude because I'm on a diet and don't drink soda.

*orders slice of pizza to wrap my DAWG in*

COSTCO! GET IN THE GAME!

So get a diet lemonade jackass

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

All the good chicken restaurants pressure cook their chicken iirc

But we don't even have fried chicken at my Costco just that hosed up soggy pizza

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Undershirts are generally meant to be tucked in so length is a positive to keep them from riding up after a while. Perhaps there’s a sack of wifebeaters in another aisle if you need something to wear to your teenager’s court hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Virigoth posted:

I feel like you are making a lot of assumptions here for no reason and I offer you a hearty gently caress off.

I'm sorry I assumed you were a trashy dad wearing an undershirt as outerwear to your teenager's court hearing