Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I thought the Costco business center near me was re-doing their food court section while they were closed to the public during the pandemic, but the nice cashier told me today that it's permanently gone. Can't be too mad though, it turns out the construction in that area was for a new employee break section.

Products-wise, we now get Waterloo seltzers alongside Polar and Lacroix, which is nice because more flavors, yay! Got a case of watermelon and a variety case with mixed berry, strawberry, and lemon-lime. Also got a box of Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches, and they are indeed pretty fat. Nothing remarkable, but the vanilla ice cream is decently rich and thick and it's got the classic chocolate "cookie" that melts to your fingertips. Oh, and the Kirkland trail mix is very good for a trashy trail mix, a good amount of cashews and almonds in the thing. I'm already regretting having the giant bag around, I need to portion this thing out or I'm gonna eat entirely too much in a sitting one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

AHH F/UGH posted:

No because my gas tank isn’t large enough for $50 fills right now and it’s doled out in $25 increments and we have to turn in receipts (people abused it in the past), so if we get gas and it isn’t in some increment of that, we don’t get reimbursed. It’s not tracked in mpg either, we have a program online where we plug in our route and it automatically calculates mileage and whatnot. Our job often has us on the road driving around to customers out in the field (large machinery and farm equipment) so don’t think I don’t understand hot rear end dusty weather either. I make a concerted effort to try and be louder and clearer when I’m asking for these amounts because I don’t want them to gently caress it up. He definitely had to hear me say ‘25’ but didn’t verbally confirm the amount I wanted - but the issue was how he handled it afterwards regardless. If I talked to and blamed my customers’ country drawl or something the way he talked to me for something that I didn’t confirm and just assumed they wanted, my rear end would get Karened on as well.

Also hilarious that some people here think that getting a gas allowance is like free money or something. Do you also think employer match on a 401k is free money too? If I don’t use it and use it right I’m just giving my money away to the company. I’m going to get a dog and drink tomorrow to wash away the guilt and pain I feel for crushing this poor man. Also maybe a slice of cheese.

You're just an rear end in a top hat. Gas guy hosed up, but you're an rear end in a top hat

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Anyone get the Girl Scout Thin Mint covered almonds?

They're pretty good, not too sweet nor toothpaste minty, but they're rich and kinda outstay their welcome after a bit. I brought it to a long beach weekend and it was enjoyed but not finished by the group.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

durrneez posted:

is it milk chocolate or dark chocolate?

Dark. It's a good treat

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Geodude posted:

Anyone tried the Street Corn dip? Tempted for a 4th picnic.

It's okay, but not enough corn tbh. A bit on the inoffensive side, might be good for a picnic with lots of people.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

NY Costcos don't sell alcohol.

Ours has an attached liquor store but it doesn't carry Kirkland brand booze so it's pointless.

Most don't, but they got an NY liquor license in 2016 so the Oceanside, NY location actually has Kirkland branded booze. Just that location though thanks to another dumb state law

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

david_a posted:

What are the “Seasoning” bottles?

Maggi seasoning, a flavor enhancer similar to Worcestershire sauce in that it's thin, dark, and extremely potent

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

namlosh posted:

Wait, is that drurie (probably not even close) fruit or whatever… the one they banned in public spaces?

Durian smell is bad but extremely overrated, and I'm assuming it's vacuum sealed pulp so it wouldn't smell unless it's punctured or damaged. Durian is an odd/bad smelling fruit that tastes pretty good if you can get past the smell; it's not objectively horrifying like balut

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Dedham usually has grey poupon

You just have to buy a double pack off it

Use one of the jars as an in-store communion dipping jar, pop that sucker open and just jam the dog right in, dijon all up in that business

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

You can look up the name brand equivalent for the Kirkland liquors, otherwise the big get is the strawberry and regular margarita mix and the Kirkland hard seltzer, but the hard seltzer is a bit polarizing taste-wise

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

redreader posted:

I hate the unreliability of stock. The Yasso mint choc chip frozen yoghurt bars are amazing but they're there half the time and weren't there today. The bubbies mochi wasn't there today either. I did get mini-pizzas today which weren't there last time. Diaper genie bags were out. etc.

Gonna be more and more common I'm afraid, it's not just a Costco thing

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The thread has fallen into degeneracy.

Church sponsored degeneracy, but degeneracy nonetheless.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Midniter posted:

Almond Joy is milk chocolate, Mounds is dark chocolate.

I see someone paid attention in candy class

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Clavavisage posted:

New food court peeps at my 'Co might be overcooking the chicken bakes and it is delicious

Maybe a new recipe or something? I recently tried a chicken bake again and it's much better than the disappointing chicken bakes from the recent past. The crust was much crisper and the filling generous and saucy, almost like how I remember them from a really long time ago.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Geodude posted:

The nonstick coating on my Costco Air Fryer is peeling. I was tempted to bring it back, but it's been 6 months and I'm chalking it up to overuse. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer first...

I avoid the issue entirely by laying down some nice Costco parchment paper underneath the rack, mostly to make cleanup easier

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Olanphonia posted:

The Kirkland brand? Fwiw, I think it's pretty drat good. definitely comparable to kerrygold

Yeah, the Kirkland New Zealand salted butter is good.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I've only ever had cottage cheese when I went to salad bars as a child, so naturally the only way to eat cottage cheese is with bacon bits and ranch dressing.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

You're fuckin with us right

No, he's not. An old school corn dog in Korea is rolled in granulated sugar, and it's still a popular street snack.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

CraigSlice posted:

Anyone got that ninja 9 in 1 air fryer+everything that is on sale this month? It seems amazing, and I want one

I don't have one, but my friend does. It's pretty convenient if you think you'll use more than 2-3 of the functions, it just doesn't do any of them excellently. Definitely good enough though; the only real issue is that it's enormous. Make sure you have the room for it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Spinz posted:

I love looking for 97s, its pretty much all I do tbh.

Pro move

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I also think the pot pie is just okay. The crust is pretty much the same as the pumpkin pie and it's slightly better than a frozen pot pie, but it's not something that will convince a pot pie hater to change their mind.

The ravioli lasagna on the other hand...

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

All the deli food is bland as gently caress. Extra seasoning is highly recommended.

Yeah, I forgot to mention I doctor up the ravioli lasagna with extra Rao's sauce and pecorino. The pot pie I found to be too salty, to be honest.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can give you half of mine. It's huge.

I got a queen and I don't know why because it's just for my couch when I sleep on it. I should have gotten a twin. Well another one since I have two. :)

The twin is just short enough that my feet poke out when I'm stretched out on the couch. And you're just swimming in the queen if you're by yourself.

Why can't they make a perfect "me" sized blanket? My despair is palpable

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Got my hands on this year's chocolates of the world collection and besides the cardboard box being vastly inferior to the previous plastic jar, it's a solid collection this year. And didn't they say where each chocolate came from in the past? The box this year just has a list of names and no indication of what came from where

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

If they're trying to break me, it's working. I'm willing to move on the $1.50 hot dog price if they bring back deli mustard, onion dispenser, and combo slice.

I've given up and taken to home communion. An entire pack of the full size hot dogs is manageable if you just wrap each hot dog individually in a single layer of plastic wrap and toss them in the freezer to pull out as necessary.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Does anyone know if the milk tea in those things has caffeine? I bought them recently but everytime I want one it's like 10PM.

:ssh: It's just brown sugar milk, not tea.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Douchebag posted:

Grabbed a couple of packs of the 32 degree thermals for my wife and I for an outdoor event tomorrow (in NJ), gonna put them to the test under my fleece lined Costco cargo pants. Thankfully it won't be very windy but going by how much everyone raves about them on here, I hope they work.

I think you'll be happy, I wear a pair of those under my jeans along with a nice coat and I'm ready for winter in NJ.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Corn Glizzy posted:

Okay I am ashamed to ask but what is pbuc

Please be kind Costco thread

Peanut Butter Under Crotch

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

GORDON posted:

Also will not return to tire center. They put on 3 bad valves on my new set of tires, and a month later charged me $5 each replace them. And then they gave me another bad valve out of the 3 new ones. Went to my local tire guy, and he replaced it quick and cheap, and correctly.

So.... no more Costco tire center for me, which makes me a little sad.

Don't be, Costco tire centers are extremely location dependent. If yours sucks, don't feel bad about avoiding them

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It is Friday my dudes

Dat cheese! :eyepop:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

does costco have any whole-bean coffee that's any good? I know people mentioned the whiskey one was really bad but how's the other stuff?

(I'm generally opposed to pre-ground coffee but idk maybe if it really knocked your socks off?)

The Ruta Maya stuff is a good whole bean coffee for the price.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

My wife walked in as I was typing that last post and vehemently denied hating curries. She reminded me that she does actually cook a thai shrimp curry every once in a while so I guess I should set the record straight there. To all of you here in the Costco thread, my wife does not harbor any ill will toward curry or curry loving cultures. She's also not culinarily cowardly, but her parents are so she never developed a taste for certain things.

Tonight we're doing the tikka!

Well, good thing your wife set us straight then. We will make a note of this.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Disgusting

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

whats a cumberland sausage roll? is this a UK location or something?

The pound currency symbol kinda gives it away

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Tell me about buying tires at Costco.

Highly dependent on location in terms of staff/service. Deals are okay, but nothing crazy good. Definitely worth checking out a local Discount Tire, etc. and comparison shopping.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Hed posted:

Omg! Which Costco is this

Most Costco Business locations have them

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Lhet posted:

I bought garlic at Costco about a week ago, and now basically everything I cook has an entire head in it and I'm still not sure I'll be able to get through the bag fast enough.

I like to freeze little blocks of minced garlic to use straight from the freezer

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Spinz posted:

What I'm going to do is never ever buy or taste that cinnamon bread

You won't miss what you don't know

:hmmyes:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Fit Crunch bars don't have the best macros for a protein bar, but more than make up for it by tasting like an actual candy bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Cops get paid, I serve the people for free, I don't use the term Hero very often, but when I do It's always in reference to myself

The advice of someone really loving tired of making 100's of Cakes everyday

You are indeed a true hero