Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?

Clapping Larry

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

you are right, but costco don't roll like that.

my costco only sells ranch dressing and SOMETIMES italian. Why not blue cheese? Ceasar? Thousand island? Don't know, but they don't sell it. Oh they sell 10 different kinds of cracker, but only 2 salad dressing flavors.

They sell coffee-mate creamers in a 3 pack with different flavors. Pretty sure there are other cases of them mixing products usually sold individually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Xaris posted:

at least the kraut, deli mustard and onion machine toppings are still pro tier but yeah i really haven't enjoyed it the last few times. maybe ill go back and try a non-polish dog.

Just be like that one guy and get a scoop of each directly into your hand free of charge.

All beer and alcohol is bad. Don't drink any of it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Taima posted:

If you guys were all here with me I would take out a piece of printer paper and a pen and draw how I think this dude looks in real life, which would be spergy, with glasses, super awkward. The last time he talked to a lady he pit sweated so bad the girl ran away. Posts pictures of his pets on the internet.

I've never talked to a lady.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I think there are multiple Tustin goons in this thread. I don't get gas there because I have a company credit card but its american express. I also get in/out via Tustin Ranch & Warner so I don't have to go near the gas station. Very blessed that its on the other side of the street and not in the same parking lot.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Did I stumble into the cursed images thread on accident?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

just lmao if you don't grow a scruffy neckbeard in lieu of shaving

Well yeah, but what about my legs? How am I going to shave those?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Just let your legs get furry. It's protection from the elements, you know.

That doesn't sound very aero and I live in SoCal, we don't have "elements" here.

I bought some organic mixed berry (mostly strawberry I think) and its good but not as good as honey on my peanut butter sandwiches. Wanted to try something different and it didn't work out. Oh well.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I unload little things from the cart myself and leave bigger, heavier items in the cart. I don't think I've ever seen an employee unload carts for customers. But they'll usually have someone to load the cart, usually placing items in random stock boxes. I hand my card to the cashier but have seen people put it in the little divider thing.

This has been the case at the several Orange County, CA locations I've been to.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Dill pickle snowcones with tejin sprinkled on top is the best flavor don't @ me.

Snowcones makers are tough to get right, but I'd have confidence in Costco make it work. Or return it if it sucks.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FCKGW posted:

Guys, I went to our BRAND NEW COSTCO WITH CAR WASH GRAND OPENING today but it was so busy that literally every spot in the small parking lot was full so I wasn't able to stop by and partake in the savings.

Maybe I can go next week and take pictures of anything that's interesting. At least the gas pumps were completely empty.

Eastvale/Jurupa Valley? My condolences.

I'll have to try that broccoli soup recipe, seems easy and hard to gently caress up.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FilthyImp posted:

Unless you're selling me Direct TV.

I tell them I don't own a TV and don't want to.

Whats that they got samples up? Tortilla chip with bit of salsa? Don't mind if I do. I'll just park my cart here sideways in the middle of the aisle.

A ritz cracker with a piece of salami? Never had that before, better do a taste test before I make any rash decisions. I'll get my cart later.

Ooooo 5mL of orange juice? I don't even remember where I left my cart at this point but I'm sure its fine.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I got a thing of coupons in the mail from Costco. Part of it was for a $20 gift card for new members even though I've had a membership for years. The other coupons are for a free food court pizza, 3lbs of Kirkland brand Colombian coffee, a 72 pack of Kirkland AA batteries, and a 6 pack of canned chicken breast.

I've never gotten coupons like this for free stuff, weird.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Tustin Costco was out of organic peanut butter and I'm sure as poo poo not buying that Jif crap.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bucnasti posted:

Tustin CA, I used to live at a place equidistance from three Costco, two of them brand new Super Costco. And I didn't have to deal with the freeway to get to any of them.

Where was that? Like ICD and Culver? I've never been to the Costco at Tustin Marketplace, I always go to the one a whole TWO MILES away from it at The District. Looking at google maps I realize they're both about the same distance from my office but I think the district one is more convenient since its further from the 5. The one on Barranca is 3 miles away so it might as well be on another planet.

I gotta get more peanut butter still because they didn't have any of the organic ones the last time I was there and only had the Skippy brand junk.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I went to Costco, walked through every aisle and left with the one item I came there for. Y'all got zero self control.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Nah the average American would rather the microwaved bottle of ranch dressing wrapped in cardboard that is the chicken bake.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I sure hope we get alot of trick or treaters this year. I don't want to have to eat this 20lbs of candy myself or I'm gonna die.

2 years ago we had a ton. Last year we had almost nobody. We went door to door trying to give the stuff away, treat or tricking.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

All of the Costcos I've been to have had skylights and the one closest to my office and the one closest to my house have solar panels on the roof as well.

I would never [afford to] buy a $500 ham leg, can you get 50 servings out of that for a party? That'd still be 10 bucks a head. That prosciutto and other meats sampler thing costco sells is good and is a hit at a party and you could buy a pallets worth for $500.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I drove passed the Tustin Costco gas station to get to the Michael's near it and the lines to get into the lines for the pumps were like a quarter mile long on either side. 50 cars deep lined up just to get into the gas stations lines. At like 2:30pm. Shits crazy, probably way worse than the actual Costco.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

gey muckle mowser posted:

the one I got is actually Kirkland brand, it was back near the bakery

You bought a whole tree's worth of peppermint bark. I bought some for the office last year and it is good but very bad if you have poor self control.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Costco is just impossibly lovely on the weekends. Weekdays while on my lunch break is a million times nicer for getting the few items I might need. Getting a full carts worth of stuff is like setting money on fire since half the stuff at Costco costs more than at a regular store and is less convenient to get.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

If you had come back and said that quote was from My Little Pony or something you'd have left this thread with more dignity.

I went to Costco on Saturday and was able to get a parking spot only a quarter mile away from the entrance and didn't even have to circle the lot to find it. Got some Kirkland peanut butter and some pork tenderloin.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FogHelmut posted:

This but the Persian stores in SoCal.

I prefer SuperKing but Fresh Choice Marketplace is good too. Either of those places just have way better produce at way cheaper prices than regular chain grocers.

I need to go to the 'co to get some more peanut butter, honey, ground turkey and coffee though. I like buying the broccoli florets as well because I'm too lazy to cut up whole crowns and SK doesn't sell bags of florets for whatever reason.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

H mart has good sales on meat. At least from what I remember back in my college days down there. On that note, I miss when pork belly was unpopular.

H Mart is cool if you're having a party and need meats that you cook together (hot pot or kbbq style) as a group. They do a good job on presentation/cutting the meats but I don't find them cheaper than other places normally.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Taima posted:

I eat a shitload of Costco broccoli, it's 3 pounds for $4.99 if you're talking about the one in the chilled section. That's pretty typical, I wouldn't call it a great price, but it's organic which is cool I guess.

I buy this because its a decent price and most of the time I'm too lazy to cut up whole crowns but loving lol at the poster saying its a 7lb bag for $3-4. I guess if you just make poo poo up Costco has even better deals.

A bag of 5 rock hard avocados for $7. Think of the savings!!!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Superking sells avocados for .69 each on sale probably once a month. They usually have a range of ripeness too so you can get ones for now and ones that'll be good in a week. It's a nice price.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FogHelmut posted:

Roadside avocados are great, but you have to go out to San Diego County, so it's a rare item for most people. But yeah you do get a grocery bag full for few bucks.

The last time I was in Costco, avocados were small and had gone up like $3.

I have yet to find an avocado stand that wasn't a classic bait and switch that conveniently just ran out of avocados but has plenty of oranges. Trust me they were just about to take down that 5 avocados for a dollar sign!!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I haven't gotten any pickles at the 'co before but I like Clausen whole pickles in the refrigerator section. Near the cheese I think. They are very crunchy because they aren't cooked/heated.

Otherwise Milwaukee Dill. Everyone has a jar of that in their fridge here. (everyone but me muhuhahaha)

I like pickles.

I'm a big Clausen guy. Chilled ones are just way better than the ones you get on shelves. The spicy Spears are very good but harder to find. I'd give the Costco ones a try next time I'm there, I haven't seen them at the Tustin District 'Co but haven't looked either.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FogHelmut posted:

Also these are legit as fuuuuuccckkk

I bought a container of these from Costco in Tustin (Park Ave/District) and they're indeed good. The little plastic bucket of them contains lots of the herbs and spices that give them a stronger dill and garlic flavor than Vlasic/Claussen you might find at a normal grocer. I still think I prefer the spicy variety of Claussens but they are increasingly difficult to find in stores, but for a non-spicy standard variety these are great. Good crunch to them.

At $7 for a 52oz container its on the upper end of what you'd pay at a grocer for Claussen, Vlassic or a store-brand, typically a smaller 24oz jar will be between $2 (for pasteurized) and $4 (unpasteurized, cold). Good buy if you like refrigerator section pickles.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Burt Sexual posted:

Wtf on Costco produce. They are consistently better quality than any other store around here.

I will give Costco credit in that their produce is very consistent. I'll buy their grapes on occasion and they're always a perfect firmness and sweetness. I'm sure their cut melon platters (I think they have these?) are good, it sucks buying cantaloupe or honeydew and having it be flavorless junk, but we usually buy from a Mexican grocer when they're 5lb/$1 so the stakes aren't super high if they aren't good.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

hakimashou posted:

OK I've prepared an Incident Map that I hope can bring more clarity especially in light of these questions:

I have never seen a Costco with this layout and its hurting my brain. Every one I've been in you check out, have the food court straight ahead (except for one that is outdoors) and you exit to your left to get the receipt person.

I have the opposite problem almost every time. I don't use a cart because I carry all my items in my hands like a man and without fail they'll scan my poo poo on the belt and then also start scanning the next idiot's cart. Or they'll put my stuff in the next idiot's now empty cart if that idiot put all his poo poo on the belt.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

This stuff is bomb and can be had at most of the asian grocers around me.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Divine Styler posted:

Is that the one by the old airplane hangars? That parking lot is a nightmare. I drive out of my way to the one in FV. You don’t need to go inside the FV store to get tasty hot dogs/smoothies and it’s next to Fry’s Electronics.

They're blimp hangars. :colbert:

That's my closest Costco to my office, it isnt the worst thing ever on my lunch break or right after work but I don't even try to go to the co on the weekends. Park in the first spot you see and don't bring a cart is my strategy.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Why are so many idiots stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water as if they're preparing for an earthquake or tornado and why do they only shop at Costco?

Every other grocery store I've been to has tp and water just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

I asked for a refund to the 24hr fitness gym membership I purchased in November of last year, citing that I mostly wanted to be able to use the pool and sauna for heat training for Ironmans, and between COVID protocols not having pools/saunas open at all, half the gyms in my area closing, and the general unease of using a public gym, I wasn't about to use the membership even if they reopened. After about 2 weeks I got an email stating I'm getting a refund of the $649.99 but it hasn't shown up on my bank statements. Any idea if this is a credit on my account instead? I'd be okay with store credit if I had to go that route, I'd spend it eventually. This purchase was done entirely online in the first place.

I got some Chilean sea bass fillets this last weekend to have for 4th of July and they were amazing, I wish it wasn't such an expensive fish because gently caress its good.