Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Costco still employees an ex roommate of mine at a really well paying job and they paid for his brothers heroin rehab in Florida and he's flourishing now so I can't think of a thing to complain about them which is rare for a company that size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wondering how the hell they cover a sibling

Costco has a policy where they prefer to hire family members so they worked at the same place. Ones in charge of the tire center and the other was like customer service person

Maybe it's not a policy everywhere but around here Costco's are run by Mennonites and they were both raised Mennonite despite being Puerto Rican and atheists while working there. Honestly there's a lot of Mennonite places that are mostly staffed by other Mennonites here

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 20, 2022

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You're only buying food at Costco after you got done shopping just ask for cash back and go to the human cashiers ya antisocial wieners

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think there's only like 1 or 2 people I've seen working there ever. I never had to deal much with a big line and a credit card doesn't take much longer at all than handing over cash so I don't really understand that. If there's a line, it moves very fast because it only takes a few seconds to order something. It's not like they have 50 menu options something.

The only thing I could ever see any kiosk anywhere being useful is for dumb super special orders.

edit: I actually can't remember if we have the kiosks or not. Next time I go I should probably try it out even if there isn't a line.

I mean technically it's the only way to order food at Sheetz or WaWa but that's like an easy coast American thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also if you're a kind person the other human tends to perk up a little bit because usually they just get treated like trash or forgettable and that might make them treat your meal a little better

I mean you should do that for anyone regardless it's not a life hack but it also kind of is in the way that just being a not poo poo human is a fun way to get through life

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bucnasti posted:

Been thinkin bout getting an Air-fryer. Costco has like 4 different models. Anyone have recommendations or suggestion?

I just have a basic Corsico model and it works fine but it just beeps randomly which is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I have never seen a line at the kiosks, they are good and fast

trip report: spent $135, got a pendleton picnic blanket that matches one of my couch ones :3, Rao's, those Izze lemonades that were on sale, some other stuff, and a chickennnnn

Izze juices are top notch. Blackberry's my boy