Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have been made aware of this thread.
The Kirkland dehydrated onions are amazingly useful. That is my contribution to this thread that I will now lurk and bookmark. Namaste.

I'm also poor and single so I wouldn't be able to put that beer cheese to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

toplitzin posted:

That sounds like quitter talk.

It is if it won't help my girlish figure. :v::goonsay:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moey posted:

Been eyeballing this guy.

Lol, just get the other one they have on sale for $30 every so often. I love mine.
..Also is the bidet y'all talk about that one that's currently about $30? Or something more expensive? The babybel talk earlier almost tempted me to get the white cheddar ones. But I didn't.
I did get so much water and tea though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teardrop posted:

The visa is also not part of executive, I get 2% back from Costco without paying $60. I just dont get the extra 2% on top of that from executive.

Oh wait really? I like the card and money back from that, but it doesn't have to be exectuive to qualify? Hmm.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremors posted:

There was a line to get into church this afternoon. First time I've been to it since they started limiting how many people could be in the store at once. After I was in the shopping experience was great. Walls upon walls of toilet paper. It was a bit unsettling to see zero chicken breast available but most other items were in stock.

Thighs are better anyways.
I went in to one of the central OH ones today. No TP, but most everything else was there. I got more of the plastic Snapwares, and two cases of the Bai water. And also the Bitchin sauce. And dammit, it's good.

e - also no line to get in here and minimal attempts at spacing except at the registers which were moving quickly. We've got less than 200 cases currently, and 14 in my county. It's mostly in the NE now.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 21, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zugzwang posted:

<200 known cases, plus 14 known cases in your county. The actual numbers are way higher due to appalling levels of undertesting, sorry.

Well yeah :v:. I keep mentioning all over threads, but I cook at a hospital so we're just waiting for it to get worse.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You could be making shakshuka.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

I went to the costco in Polaris outside of Columbus and they had a line out the door, but it was nice and quick. Got plenty of snacks and produce and a poo poo ton of sparkling water for cheap. Cashier was named Mac and his nametag said 'N CHEESE' underneath that. PBUC.

Oh hey neighbor. I went over the weekend as well, and they're taking the distancing seriously. The BAI waters are good, btw. And the diet green tea. That goes to, anyone really.

Then the Kroger down the Parkway...lol, no difference from normal other than no paper products and the like.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

Hey whatup neighborino. I'm not surprised, that Kroger is super hit or miss on weird stuff. I've found really good craft beer and all the boars head lunch meats you could want there, but also missing like, major brand snacks or being out of any good Jeni's flavors.

Also I got a loaf of the sourdough from Boudin, that stuff is LEGIT. Comes presliced, we have used that for sandwiches, using COSTCO evoo and italian seasoning for garlic bread, and also as a service device for garden veggie cream cheese. Huge loaf for $3. PBUC.

The Meijer is good at least. I only hit the Kroger when I have coupons. lol
I'll have to look for this sourdough. Especially for the next two weeks when I've got a few days of, using PLT because we're not super busy at the hospital, yet.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They had them last time I went to my local one. No onions though...tragedy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacebard posted:

I miss being 5 minutes from there and that Costco. The Easton Costco is awful, crowded, and I haven't seen panda-brand pot stickers in months. It wasn't that bad when I went for supplies and communion today around noon. Got more mango juice, booze, fruit, and snacks.

You could still make the drive. My parents and sister go to the Easton one because that's closer for them. The Polaris corner is my local. The gas is slightly easier at Easton though at least.
(Also after all This is over, meeting local folk could be neat, that applies to Lobsterboy too.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

The drive between 71/70 isnt too bad on 270 even on bad days, definitely doable to hop between the two. I like the Polaris one a hell of a lot better just because Easton is crazy busy. Polaris is across the street from the mall and only has to deal with Cabelas.

And yeah, Ohio used to be a solid goonmeet spot. Assuming the plague goes away, I'm down for a Polaris hangout. I'm WFH for at least another month and maybe longer, my company is super relaxed about even bothering to try and force going back.

I'm at a hospital so I'm essential, haha frick. Everybody is wearing masks.
But I'd be down for the idea of a goonmeet, idk about Polaris specifically because I don't know the food there so well. But there's a Hot Chicken at Easton, or the Melt. Funny how I like the food there better because I'm more familiar. :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

The butter chicken versions of these from the 'co are a regular staple in my house. Kids love it. I will have to keep an eye out for those!

I wonder how they compare to Aldi for taste and cost.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I cant see if I wear a mask, it fogs up my spectacles

I wear glasses too, and ya gotta suck it up and deal worst case. You can put the upper part of the mask under your glasses, it helps.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird with big dick posted:

Does anyone have any pointers about how to get my sister in law to watch me play a video game about loving pigeons

e: sorry wrong thread

Now is that a game about pigeons. Or loving pigeons.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's both then.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

binge crotching posted:

That is one weird rear end person doing the video, but it's a solid recipe. My partner makes dumplings for us regularly, and I agree that the pre-made aren't anywhere as good as just making them yourself.

Don't you badmouth Sohla like that, she's innocent and I agree with her world view of "shits hosed lets drink."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

fortunately it's county (maybe state?) law to wear masks to pickup food/beverages/shop and employees have to kick people out who don't, so that seems to at least abolish some of the stubborn idiocy.

Some poor employee is going to be murdered by someone who thinks their FREEDUMS are being imposed upon. Because said employee dared to try to kick them out from buying their Starbucks or McDonald's... :sigh:
https://kfor.com/news/local/at-least-2-people-taken-to-hospital-following-shooting-in-oklahoma-city/

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Something funny

That's the opposite of this webzone.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Honestly Ive been enjoying harassing strangers about their mask usage, I finally get to use my Karen tendencies for good!

Next time I gotta go grocery shopping, I'm gonna put my hospital ID to good use to yell at anyone not wearing a mask. Thank you for the idea.

e - or...yeah maybe not...
I'm also gonna go with the cynical view about the last two posted articles that they wouldn't have shared mugshots if it was a white person/family but like I said I'm hella cynical.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 7, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JK Fresco posted:

Just reading the articles, they are typical ghetto crimes and only get reported now because of the corona link

Well golly that's a telling wor-
Wait you've not even been on SA a year let's take a look at the ol rap sh-
That's impressive. Who are you a re-reg of?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I live alone, but in the same metro area as my parents. My mom has my extra member card, so that makes it worthwhile. They said it was no issue at all.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artonos posted:

No one's even mentioned alcohol. The Kirkland brand stuff is very reasonably priced and good quality. The margarita mix and vodka alone could make it worth it.

I'd love to talk about it but Ohio is a state controlled one, so we don't get Kirkland liquor sadly.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

PS - Guillotine the Walton family

Agreed, lovely loving family they are. Sam was, maybe ok? But his kids are garbage human beings.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Columbus Goons. The Polaris Costco doesn't have the butter chicken sadly. But it does have the margarita with tequila that reddit is raving about. Also $25 for almost 8 pounds of chicken thighs seemed like a pretty good deal since I use those for my chicken cooking needs.

Also got communion because I was craving a dog. Missing the onions still though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coredump posted:

I would like to know more.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a32367989/costco-bottled-margarita/
This stuff. The margarita is indeed very good just straight with ice, shockingly so. Like the quality of what you'd pay for a glass at that same ($8.99?) price at your local good Tex-Mex place.

There's a wine cocktail one as well, made with agave wine. I didn't see that at the Polaris one (idk what it's like in other states obviously.) So, keep an eye out. You want the tequila one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon Man posted:

Is that the $100 one on Amazon?

I would also need a food saver, I swear I’ve seen one at the Costco store. Gonna check next time I’m there.

You can also sous vizzle with freezer ziploc bags. Just gotta suck out as much air as you can.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallom posted:

Dip it in the vide water while open all the way up to the top and then seal it. No sucking required!

Pppfff, but sucking is fun. Blowing? I can't figure out how to work the euphemism in there aside from said euphemism is fun.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's, not a bad idea actually. Is this the new goon project?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

Yeah, precisely. I think Manuel the other Cbus goon posted about em in the first place, but they are way better than store-brand has a right to be. Not like, as good as something you made yourself. But my wife and I will do a daily walk to get out of the house and that margarita you pour into a glass is always great to come back to, since you barely have to do anything.

Yeah twas me, apparently the wine based one is pretty good too. But the Cbus ones have the vodka base and it's shockingly good for the price.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You're home posting then. Some of us still gotta go out for work. :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

I was very disappointed at the Polaris costco because there were people doing the same, and they had been SO GOOD about it. Saw a few dudes just not even trying to keep their face covered, and one lady not even with a mask on her. And ironically, it was the first time I've EVER seen masks and hand sanitizer and wipes all in stock at the same time.

Just a complete shame all around, Costco. You were the chosen one! (I still got a ton of snacks)

I was just there today and, yeah it sucks :<
I got in and out quick though. Just went in for tea, and the Monster I saw someone mention being on sale because of early work, lol. (Even if I can usually grab one from the cooler when no manager is around. Perks of kitchen life.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In the unlikely event that someone has missed it. Lowtax has come out against Costco, strongly in favor of Sam's Club. (actually he's an abusive rear end in a top hat still but I thought I'd make it on brand for the thread.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

therobit posted:

I eat raw cookie dough every time I make cookies and have never gotten food poisoning from it. gently caress living in fear of glorious cookie dough.

Same, brownies too. It's one of the best parts. (Do not take this advice if you are immuno-compromised and shouldn't be taking the chances.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FCKGW posted:

Does Costco have those $20 tower fans yet?

Which ones? I have one in my living room that I think the oscillating bearing broke on. That I got from target and it sucks compared to the one in my bedroom

...which came from costco.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShowTime posted:

Never buy any meat from anyone that drives around with a freezer in the back of their truck selling meat. It's like the pyramid scheme of choice for meth heads.

MEAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8LBCKmxLY&amp;hd=1
(quick edit - should include a CW for animated death, nothing violent or gory. But there is a death.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enos Cabell posted:

Last 3 trips to church has yielded 0 tubs of bitchin' sauce. This is very not bitchin'.

You're (one of?) the other Cbus goon, right? Yeah I haven't seen it either at the Polaris one. Which sucks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm in the wastelands of Nebraska, so if it's not at my one store I'm boned. I could check Whole Foods, but I don't think I can bring myself to pay those prices.

My bad, I am terrible at keeping track of posters that aren't Randaconda or Discendo Vox. (For being weird about cheese and I just recognize his name, respectively.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

So what I'm getting is this is a toaster oven, and you can turn on the turbo/fan part to have the hot air circulate quickly, which is the entire point of an air fryer? For 1/2 the price and way more cooking capacity?

That's a convection oven for ya! We're spoiled in the restaurant world. But for $100, yeah I'm tempted. Especially with the cheap apartment oven I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I bought the $80 toaster oven. I christened it today with a pop tart because I left work at 8pm last night, and had to be back at 5am. I now no longer need a toaster.