Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Slider posted:

At Costco now, getting new tires installed. Hot dog was grand. What fantastic products should I check out??

Salmon burgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The best summer rosé is $11 at Costco versus like $25 at Kroger. Don't let the gimmicky bottle fool you from how excellent this wine is for getting rekt in a hammock.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

BLASPHEMY!
Membership is not required to dine at the sacred food stand! All may share in the blessings.

Not only may you partake in a bounty of dogs, slices, and chicken bakes, you may purchase alcohol and prescription medications without membership.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

insulated staircase posted:

its mostly dumb spam about hot dogs

:frogout: you motherfucker

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Sometimes organic stuff does taste better but it's usually because of some other factor (like organic beef and dairy coming from grass fed cows, it's because they're grass fed not because the grass was fertilized with their poo poo instead of factory fertilizer).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Friends, I have great news! I went on a pilgrimage this afternoon and discovered the bounty of fall is upon us, Costco chicken pot pies have returned! Truly, the blessing of the season. PBUC.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Heretic!

Someone summon the inquisition.

I have a confession.

I prefer the stir fry vegetable mix. I think cauliflower is gross.

I hope the congregation can forgive me.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

smoobles posted:

I'm planning a LOTR marathon tomorrow, with accompanying small bites and brisket during ROTK. Of course, I am relying on Glorious Costco for all the food.

What would you guys recommend in terms of meaty, potatoey (aka on brand Middle Earth) snacks? I am definitely getting sausages and maybe potato skins with cheese (hell yeah). I am going to ask the butcher if they sell cow femurs too, for bone marrow (loving yum my dudes).

Get the mini naan packs for use as edible bready plates and to absorb the delicious meat juices.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Noslo posted:

What's the price on a bottle of liquor at costco?

VA doesn't have liquor in supermarkets, gotta go to the ABC. ABC stores don't seem expensive but it's hard to judge since they're state owned and there's no competition.

VA's pricing is pretty decent (as a transplant from a normal liquor store state). You can drive to Kentucky if the mood strikes you I guess.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Gravitee posted:

Anyone try the cilantro lime shrimp that's precooked in the deli section? Thinking about picking it up for a xmas appetizer.

It's loving amazing. Do it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

My king size Sherpa/cat bed is too big for my washer :negative:

Good news!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

How firm is our savior on the tenets of the written word? My fiance is active duty military and his only ID with an address is his old pre-enlistment ID, which shows an address he hasn't lived at since he was 19. Will his military ID be sufficient for him to get onto my account?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

With a wheeled roller for $59.99? HOW DO THEY DO IT?! PBUC

Holy poo poo what

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Meydey posted:

I'm sure there is a very French reason for the single serving soda. Looking into it now.
I did find this shot of the menu though:

Lookit that croissant and them chicken fingers!

Also...trigger warning!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/costco-tasting-fromage.html

Edit: AHA!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38767941
France bans unlimited sugary drink refills

French Costco has...tendies?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I can't wait for the synthetically grown diamond market to crash diamond prices.

Moissanite, HPHT diamonds, etc. have been around years and the diamond market has still convinced huge swaths of women they need the "real thing."

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

MisterOblivious posted:

If you see the acai berry bowl at your Costco you can no longer get the frozen yogurt twist or straight chocolate.
No more $1.35 chocolate frozen yogurt. Gone.
Erased from the menu. Pretend like it never existed.
Chocolate twist? Yeah, that never happened welcome to the new reality where Costco serves a $5 bowl of bullshit berries.

Acai Berry Bowl replaces chocolate in the machine.

Acai Berry Bowl is five loving dollars

It's full of loving strawberries, almonds, bananas and acai fruit. Like, go ahead and line up all the poo poo I hate all in one loving product to replace my single favorite thing on the menu

loving thanks Costco, you listened to the loving Mom Blogs.

I loving love acai bowls, but empathize with your loss.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I partook on Tuesday after work. What a delight after a hard day!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I didn't even think to look for allergy meds there until last week, when pollen season was nearly done, and combined for the Kirkland Claritin and Zyrtec for 365 tablets each it cost me less than getting a month of the Zyrtec at Walmart.

Such bounty, we are blessed beyond reason.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

What's good from this month's sale?

Waterpik

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are the costco memory foam pillows any good?

I don't think the one I got was like, Kirkland brand but yeah it's nice and it's held up well 2ish years

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I know there's variance by region but the Gerard Bertrand Cote des Roses rose wine is $11 right now at church. It's amazing and generally retails $17-25.

I got an acai bowl and it was good, but the woman at the register basically tried to talk me out of it. "We have the strawberry sundae again!" "No, I want the acai bowl." "50/50 with vanilla?" "...no, just acai."

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Holy poo poo it's barely even August

Get spoopy or get rekt, motherfucker

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Witness, an excommunicated heathen deigns to besmirch the church (after they yanked her membership after she tried to return a printer she bought in 2010): https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-membership-canceled-return-policy-2018-8

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Got the vanilla froyo acai twist and vanilla was very nice but acai was disgusting

I'm sad the chocolate froyo is gone

I love the acai. Last time I got the acai bowl she asked if I was sure I didn't want it mixed with froyo twice. No goddamn it give me my tasty fruit bowl and move on to the next parishioner.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Got two sherpas, a downstairs sherpa and an upstairs sherpa.

PBUC.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I don't like the texture compared to froyo it's not creamy and smooth

I can see where that'd be jarring if you didn't know what to expect. Acai bowls are more like a smoothie texture. Had one for lunch when I grabbed my $14.99 sherpas.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

anyone got costco red wine recommendations? cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, pinot noir, that sort of thing. or bordeaux blends whatever. i'm on a red wine kick lately

Sometimes you can get the Ruffino Ducale Chianti Classico Riserva at the Co for like $12 (normally closer to $20-24 in a regular shop) and it is hella good.

You can also get some capicola from time to time in the cured meats packs and have a hell of a weekend.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Sorority Fister posted:

You're better off heading into a 7-eleven and stumbling into their wine rack, then dropping to the floor and lapping up what you can before you get thrown out. Tastes about the same as these garbage wines.

Apothics generally rate in the mid-high 80s, which is perfectly serviceable for a $8-12 bottle. Not everyone's going home to crush Silver Oak every night.

Which one of you tipped off Reader's Digest? https://www.rd.com/culture/why-you-should-always-buy-wine-at-costco/

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

pnumoman posted:

Sure, but then again, there was that lovely post about those tiny bugs.

The guy in that article casually mentioned they found it in their shed, having forgotten about it since summer so I imagine if you're not abandoning it in a dark area for months at a time you'll be fine.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Picked up from bulgogi mandu at church today, and some bottles of rosé (the Gerard Bertrand Cote des Roses is $12!), PBUC.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Coredump posted:

I get pretty irritated with the DirectTV guys asking me every time I come to shop “Hey you want to hear what we got going on today?” You’re trying to sling cable that’s what you got going on, be upfront about it. Someone runs into them the first time they may think they’re gonna talk about something Costco has going on. Nope it’s just a cold approach trying to sale cable. They need to say “Can we talk to you about what DirectTV is offering?”

I think worse than this is the occasional as seen on TV-esque salespeople with a speaker doing demonstrations and "free giveaways" (of travel/sample size items) for poo poo like $60 bottles of hand lotion, because a crowd of assholes 45 deep will block and entire main aisle way for the chance at a .25 ounce sample of mushroom paste mixed with jergens.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Robokomodo posted:

I got a Costco membership for Christmas! What alcohol should I buy?

You have a year, all of them.

PBUC, congratulations on your blessing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Meridian posted:

I need details on the Sherpa for my pilgrimage tonight.

They are like $15, sherpa on one side, fleece on the other (they had a couple of plain colors and a couple patterns when I got mine). I have a tan one and a white-gray plaid one. They are packaged with like, crossed ribbons and the product card.

It is late in the sherpa season - they may be sold out. Best of luck to you, Goon.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Does anyone remember the 80s when Uno and Pizza Hut were sit down family restaurants that made pizzas and not just mall kiosks serving microwave stuff?

Where do t-ball teams go after the game now?!

(edit)
vvvv yeah I have no idea why my brain did that

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 5, 2019

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh what burb because i know the city like the back of my hand and you're doing it wrong.

Yeah honestly I haven't lived in Atlanta for 6 years and I was like "holy poo poo, do you live in Dahlonega and are just saying 'Atlanta' for ease of description, or...?" There's a zillion solid Indian joints in Atlanta but idk start at Your Dekalb World Market and just start going to places around there. Bismillah Cafe, Chai Pani, Purnima, Aamar, Amara.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The Dregs posted:

How about in the Northern burbs? Know any good places out Marietta way?

One of my BFFs lives in Mableton and loves Indian, I'll ask her. Standby.

(edit)

She said Swapna, Moon, and Vatica. Her husband said Vatica is most popular among actual Indians.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 31, 2019

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Xaris posted:

Side note: if you ever make basmati rice at home, I've found adding like a teaspoon of cumin seeds to at the start is really amazing and adds a nice aromatic to rice.

I do a big pinch of fennel, a small pinch of cinnamon, and a teeeeeny pinch of clove browned in 1 tbsp butter before throwing in the rice and water.

Fennel is pretty polarizing though so YMMV

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Xaris posted:

Ooh yeah i havent considered that, I do love fennel. are you talking like whole clove browned or ground cloves?

i actually add a teaspoon of fennel seeds when making homemade pizza sauce, i'ts a nice touch.

Ground clove, but you could probably put in a whole one during the simmer and then pull it out cooking the rice.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Marklar posted:

Who wants a Cheese Artisan Wedding Cake?

https://bit.ly/2G660Vw

I just sent this to my fiance in a threatening manner.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Arkansas and Mississippi

Not opening in deep Walton country is just smart business.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

They're basically malt beverage/wine coolers, it's not *actual* margarita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Bummey posted:

These Bib Go? Bibigo? dumplings from the freezer section suck. They're too small, flavorless, and no matter how I steam them (microwave, rice cooker, stove top steamer basket) they come out mushy and gross. Back to trader joe's for premade mediocre pot stickers and dumplings lazy idiot food fix.

They can't all be winners. At least they were cheap. v:shobon:v

"b!b🥄go"

Which ones? I like the little tray dumplings but the bulgogi pot stickers are...not good.