Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bury me in a Costco coffin. Does your local costco sell coffins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's a Costco coffin display at my local Costco (Canberra) plus also a Costco spa display.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone buy clothes at costco? Thinking of updating my wardrobes and they have good brands.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i got a couple pairs of super light weight shorts (the ones that are shorts but also swim trunks) and they area great and were IIRC $12.99(!!!)

Zipping pockets made them perfect for my trip overseas last summer.

Did you find the plane there?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

cremate me in a Costco food court pizza oven and spread my ashes in the parking lot

Not a costco urn?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do they take a photo of you and put it on your membership card at Costco in America or can anyone use it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Kilo147 posted:

Costco dogs are the best. But only at the Kirkland location. Or at least that's the only one I've ever got a Costco dog at.

Kirkland is a real place???? is it like heaven?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Thinking about those ice cream sundaes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In australia the milk containers are shaped like this:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

Are the whole pizzas they sell at the food court found anywhere in the store or do they come from a separate supply? My girlfriend and I split a hot dog and chicken bake tonight but that supreme pizza looked pretty damned good. Didn't see anything similar by the frozen pizzas or the take and bakes.

Costco is also the only place I've been to that sells 12 packs of Bundaberg, the best soda in existence. One day I'll go in when it is on sale and buy an entire pallet before they realize what sort of mistake they've made.

You mean Bundy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
PURGE THE HERETIC!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I saw an article which said that millennials are killing Costco is this true?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Currently getting the crap beat out of me by the massage chair display model at Costco.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

She also loves that you can now buy coffins at Costco.

"It brings the conversation around death into the mainstream," she said.

"It's like you can get bulk toilet paper, soft drink, cleaning products - oh, and a coffin. It makes death just another part of life, which it is."

Costco Canberra warehouse manager Sai Muluk said the coffins at Costco had attracted a lot of attention since being stocked in June of last year.

Seventeen Canberrans have purchased coffins since they became available at Costco, with "The Richmond" - a faux mahogany coffin with silver handles which retails for $679.99 - proving the most popular choice in the ACT.

"We get phone calls every other day from people wanting to know if we really sell coffins," Mr Muluk said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/sutton-mum-melanie-greenhalgh-wants-to-inspire-families-to-talk-about-death-20180131-h0r6ng.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Got some luggage today and it came with a free travel pillow. So comfy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Phylodox posted:

You could just build yourself a nest up on one of the higher shelves like...I wanna say Dane Cook in that movie where he worked at Costco with Jessica Simpson.

I loved that movie.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gunna go to Australian Costco tonight anyone want anything?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Do they call Aussie Bites just "Bites" there?

I'll have to check, no idea what those are.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

They're the official food of Australia and the government mandates their consumption throughout the month of June.

I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Australian, forums-poster "I would blow Dane Cook".

:colbert:

This is an Aussie Bite in Australia:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Latest Costco discovery: the vending machine with 50 cent bottles of water.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

Uh the machine sells bottles of water for 25 cents at my Costco, in the food court

This is Australia where everything is twice as expensive.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/963261557068189696

The Juice has switched to murdering $1.50 hot dogs and high prices.

He needs a pair of new gloves.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should I go to Costco?

Thinking about them dogs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco needs valet fueling.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Also people queuing in the road to get into the Costco fuel queue really pisses me off.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco's Dog House.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They should have drive thru hot dogs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Haven't been to Costco in almost two weeks arrgghh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I get upset when people talk to me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
about to go to costco

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Forgive me costco for I have sinned, I went to the petrol station down the road that was slightly more expensive but only had two cars in the queue.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Take me out to the costco
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some hot dogs and pizzas
I don't care if I never get back
Let me shop, shop, shop
For the free samples
If they don't have any it's a shame
Aahh.
For it's one,
Two,
Three dogs you're full
At the old cost co

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Going to get my hot dog before I go shopping today.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jenbechwati/status/985437318227091456

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That's my local costco, can't believe I missed it when I went yesterday. I always go to the jewelry cabinet to gawk at the gorgeous omega watch they have.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

The other day at costco i saw a man fondling himself.

Playing with his hotdog?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Costco Australia’s bizarre bid to be a high-end diamond ring retailer

Australian shoppers at discount retailer Costco might be surprised to find a diamond ring worth nearly $1 million nestled in among the giant packs of toilet paper and bulk batteries.

On Sunday, Sky News reporter Jennifer Bechwati found a 6.55-carat ring, priced at $499,999.99, lurking in the aisles of the company’s Canberra store and shared a photo of the unusual item to Twitter, garnering hundreds of stunned comments.

It turns out the rock is one of several “wow” items stocked in each of the company’s nine Australian stores, including a $875,000, 13.72-carat yellow diamond at Costco’s Moorabbin store in Victoria.

“Each warehouse has a unique piece which is what we define as a ‘wow item’,” Costco’s jewellery buyer Jennifer Cataldo told The New Daily.

“It could be a ring, could be a pendant, could be earrings, but it’s primarily a diamond piece and they tend to hover between $300,000 and $850,000.”

The half-a-million dollar ring spotted by Ms Bechwati has actually been in the Canberra store since its 2011 launch, with Ms Cataldo admitting it had proved a hard sell given its exorbitant price.

“It’s quite difficult [to sell] … we’ve sold a lot of high-end pieces but not at that price point.”

And that’s with the Costco discount applied. Ms Cataldo confirmed the diamond carried a reduced price tag.

“We comp quite aggressively in the market so we like to see savings of a minimum value of around 20 per cent.”

Costco’s diamonds are sourced from wholesalers in the United States and the company employs a quality control team to ensure the cut, grading and metal is “correct”.

The irony of a single glistening diamond in between aisles of dustpans and baby wipes was not lost on Twitter, with many wondering how it fitted into the store’s low-price theme.

“You have to buy them in the value six pack,” one joked.

“How much is it at Aldi?” another wrote.

To shop at Costco you must be a member, with annual membership fees starting at $55.

In addition to its nine locations in New South Wales, Victoria, ACT, Queensland and South Australia, the US-based company is opening two more stores in Australia this year – one in Epping, Victoria, in August and another in Ipswich, Queensland, in November.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/04/16/costco-australia-diamond-ring/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Phylodox posted:

Oh, okay, for a second there I thought we were talking about, like, a high school run by Costco or something. Like Costco High. And I was wondering, “First of all; that’s a thing? And second of all; why not go there? What’s wrong with it?”

Imagine the Cafeteria though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hot dog croissant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's real