Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Today's a good run for me.

are you me!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.

what the gently caress are you people doing out there on that little island?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"I disapprove of your dogs toppings, but I will defend to the death your right to eat it"

- Voltaire, member since 2011

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

sandball posted:

You'll be fine on returns as long as you have your receipt.

You actually don't need a receipt for Costco returns because they keep a record of literally anything you've ever bought in the store on your card's history. Every time I've returned something (all of twice) they just looked it up in my file and started handing me cash.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

@ my homie Dr Tim Watley

does this make you as hyped as it makes me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WetFIBBHgE

from the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQmsfNIGwU

"LOOGIT ME EATIN THAT DAWG"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

GI_Clutch posted:

Would you rather they split the dog, and meet in the middle, Lady and the Tramp style?

yes...?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

lovely chicken bake

*cocks eyebrow*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just got an insanely sick Costco cooler bag for free, just for being given the best credit card on God's green earth. Today truly is a blessed day. PBUC

that's a good cooler bag too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Orty posted:

The nearest Costco to me is 2 hours away. There have been rumors of one being built in my city for 5+ years now, but nothing has happened. Leaving Winco and Sam's Club as the only options here.

I hold out hope that one day I can experience a Costco dog (with drink and refills) for a buck fifty.

Winco loving rules and is the only grocery store I shop at outside getting my necessities at the Costco

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I took some Kirkland chicken boobs and diced/fried them with Kirkland pesto, Kirkland pepper, and Kirkland sea salt.

poo poo was pretty great for a quick meal over pasta.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I've been buying Costco priced toilet paper for so long that I literally forgot how much it cost everywhere else in the world

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Same. I just did a quick search on Target and Quilted Northern and Angel Soft are both $29.99 for 48 rolls. So you could get 60 rolls for the same price as 48 of the name brand which is the same as the Kirkland brand.

loving Costco man. loving Costco.

I was on vacation at a rented beach house that only came with 2 rolls for a weeks stay. Had to run to our Kroger-equivalent and was shocked by how much butt paper costs the heretics.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

limpy wimpy posted:

Costco wanted $300 more for my wifes glasses than Eyeglass World. Screw them when it comes to glasses.

what the gently caress kind of glasses is your wife getting?

I got a lot of expensive options when I got my new glasses and spent a total of around $150

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

RocktheCaulk posted:

My friend have you heard of the new wonders of Ketchup? Join the Apostates.

PBUC

Praise the Red Dawn

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

if Costco did Lasik I would probably get it. bulk eyeball lasers blasted out by an aproned granny near the freezer section

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Snowmankilla posted:

As you all probably remember I had a harrowing experience last time I was at the Stco. I put on a brace face today and went back to the food court today. I looked the nice man working the counter right in the eye and said "you have any onions?"

A moment passed that felt like a lifetime...

Then he said "yes, in back and that weird sour stuff"

Then I ate a 1.50 dog with refills and onions and spicy mustard. I did not get catsup to please the Costco gods, but I wish I had.

PBUC

ketchup is ok friend

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

funny song about politics posted:

How are the Kirkland dress shirts?

I have two that I wear regularly to church.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

microwaving frozen vegetables never works out for me. I just steam them straight out the freezer now and toss in some chicken and balsamic vinegar or w/e other Costco sauces I got lying around.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Xaris posted:

honestly kind of varies by costco. my old hometown costco was great as are several other smaller sized city ones I've been to. The one I go to now near richmond has pretty awful employees except a couple. I can see why they have jaded retail-death attitudes still since COL is super high so costcos wages kind of lose out locally, and the store is insanely loving busy all the time.

It really does vary, there's two Costcos near me, a closer one that's a loving Fury Road war zone where the employees are obviously just trying to survive day to day, and the other chill-zone Costco about 20 minutes away where everybody's way happier/less rushed.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Also you can get a cheap giant pizza to eat over the course of a week.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

The Normandy veggies seem like they would be pretty bland. It's just broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, right? Do you jazz em up a bit or what

I toss em with a little vinegar, either balsamic or malt or whatever's on hand. I really like vinegar though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

My Costco membership turned 11 this year.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I suggested that Costco membership to my folks, and turns out they have a sams club membership. Instead of instantly telling them to gently caress off with that, I actually did some research. There are lots of tradeoffs, but the most important thing is definitely the food court. Does this look familiar to any of you?

I love that they decided to go for the plural in Sandwich Favorites

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

naem posted:

Is there such thing as bad maple syrup??

oh you sweet summer child . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Grem posted:

You all really should up your goddamn Costco game with the Costco Visa. Cashback on everything. I'm already up to $200 and it's only halfway through the year.

I'm planning on having my Free Costco Moneycheck make my car insurance payment for the latter half of the year.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Taima posted:

Too much ketchup - not believable - very poorly executed. You have to at least attempt to seem credible or no one is going to bite.

The Red Dawn rises

PBUC

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

my wife chose one of the big Costco chocolate cakes for her birthday bash, was enough to feed the whole party with some leftovers for the office tomorrow. share the blessings.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The North Tower posted:

Girlfriend got $500 of stuff from Costco for her new apartment. Demanded we get a dog with kraut before shopping. Gave me 10 of the toilet paper rolls since she didn't have enough space. Is she a keeper?

get a bulk pack of rings and put all of them on her

Mo_Steel posted:

The dogs are being thought about.

Anyone buy eyeglasses from the Co before? Could use a pair or two and looking for a decent price.

I'm wearing some Costco glasses right now, my third pair from the 'co over the course of the last 7ish years. I'm actually gonna go in and get some new ones and get a hookup for some prescription shades too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Do all costcos have everything on turbo sale right now or is this just a byproduct of their Harvey relief efforts? Literally everything in the store is marked down 10-30%. Full food court pizza was $7.

the expensive butt paper was actually cheaper than Kirkland brand here thanks to a double sale, you know I stocked up so that I might better mock the Kroger heathens from my cottony quilted throne

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Taima posted:

Costco has a huge problem with selling expired beer. It's so bad that I only buy beers that can stand to sit around like stouts, barrel aged stuff, sours etc.

I don't know if their distribution just sucks or what. By the time beers hit the warehouse they are regularly months old.

I buy beer at Costco constantly (and this is Portland so there's a huge variety) and never encountered this problem, if they're expired just return them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

I don't eat hot dogs.

:thermidor:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A dog and drink is basically a perfect sized meal for me. Sometimes the wife and I will split a churro if we've missed breakfast.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone get their eye glasses at Costco? Are they good?

I've been getting glasses there since 2007 and have zero complaints.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ajinomoto also puts out potstickers that come in lil single serve pouches you can microwave, complete with sauce. Surprisingly good but rare.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Costco app is great if you get a lot of photos done there, especially since most big box photo centers are hot loving garbage

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mnemosyne posted:

I don't understand why there's a person checking cards at the door; someone please explain it to me. Especially since I keep reading that in a lot of places you can still buy alcohol there without a membership.

heretics and unbelievers paw at the gates of heaven, desperate only for the deals within while ignoring our customs and sacred rights

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Bought a Shark vacuum last year when they were like $70 off and can confirm it is very good, no complaints.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

*dabs sweating forehead with handkerchief*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

RJWaters2 posted:

What about us in Foster Farms country

Kirkland transcends such petty boundaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Stottie Kyek posted:

It made a new Superman movie look like one of those '90s fantasy series like Power Rangers or Xena: Warrior Princess except with better costumes. Zack Snyder and all his editors and CG artists spent so much time overdoing it and trying to make it look like a huge, epic film, and the interpolation undid it all and made it look cheap as poo poo.

sir this is the Costco food court pls take your dog and go