Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shadowfyst posted:

I went to the largest Costco in the world yesterday. It's pretty big.

Salt Lake City?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Scornful Sexbot posted:

You can check on their website for special orders, they just ship to your warehouse in a couple days. I got 4 dope all weather tires for my TSX (which I guess is not a special size though) installed and everything for significantly less money and hassle than any surrounding tire place. I piggy backed on my gf membership and the tires have nitrogen in them!!! Even got a HOT DOG AND SODA FOR $1.50. I think I get lifetime tire rotations too.

I strongly recommend Costco Tire Service.

If you aren't in a rush to buy tires, try to time your purchase around their frequent sales. Right now it is $70 off a set of Bridgestones, until 4/26/2017.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Does Costco sell ammo?

No they do not.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

jamoncorona posted:

Where else are you going to buy your Mormon approved, nuclear disaster handy supply of food for your family? I mean, 36,000 servings, man!

https://m.costco.com/Nutristore-1-YEAR-Premium-Food-Kit-36%2c000-Servings.product.100302316.html

The emergency backpack includes a Space Jam coloring book

https://m.costco.com/American-Preparedness-Emergency-Backpack-Kit.product.11100551.html

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Costco opens in France and Iceland this month

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

binge crotching posted:

I forget where I heard the quote from, but the entire reason they opened the Iceland one is because a significant percentage of the Newfie sales were to Icelandic fishermen.

Huh that's interesting, I used to work at a Seattle area Costco and we'd get fishermen (including the Deadiest Catch guys) buying groceries by the flatbed.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I think the Taiwan food court has duck pizza, that sounds worth a try. I got a smoothie from the food court today, it was great.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Meydey posted:

This was one of my best Costco scores earlier this year.

Costco is gonna have HP Omen 32” QHD monitors on sale for $250 as a Black Friday deal

http://www.costcoholidaysavingsbook.com/holidaysavings/2017/MobilePagedReplica.action?pm=1&folio=31#pg31

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We got Kirkland Signature sheets from this thread’s recommendation and I can confirm they are excellent.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Costco stock is rising as Sam’s Club just closed dozens, possibly hundreds, of stores with zero notice.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Kilo147 posted:

Nah. It's pretty dull. Lived here all my life. We have a bar with indoor mini-golf though. Which is pretty rad.
Heck yeah, Flatstick Pub is great. They have trivia with a competent quizmaster on Wednesdays that is a good time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

From the Seattle Police Blotter, “Officers Arrest Costco Thieves In Bulk”: http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/03/16/officers-arrest-costco-thieves-in-bulk/

Be sure to watch the video to see Costco defended

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

More people got married in Costco. Idaho this time.

quote:

The wedding was officiated by the general manager of the store with less than a month's notice.

"When I got the request, I was, 'why Costco?' and I was like 'why specifically the beer and wine area?,'" Bonnie Schaeffer questioned.

The quote "all good things come from Costco" was hung by the table for guests to sign the guestbook.

"I get everything at Costco, and nothing bad comes from here it seems," Wales said.

quote:

Gathered with friends and family, the two were wed Wednesday morning, getting a cake, food and Brown's ring at the very place.

"We love Costco. We love each other too," Brown said, laughing.

http://www.kmvt.com/content/news/First-ever-wedding-held-at-Costco-in-Twin-Falls-479453473.html

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Meydey posted:

A new warehouse just opened today in Bonney Lake , WA. That makes 15 warehouses in a 50 mile range from corporate.
I live in the blessed land of Costco.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Shanghai stores do.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Boomer on boomer violence at Costco over free cheese

quote:

A cut in line for free samples at a Costco turned into a fight — between two 70-year-old men, according to police.

A 70-year-old man said he was waiting in line for a complimentary piece of cheese at the Costco in Greenville, South Carolina, when a 72-year-old man “cut in line, took some cheese and walked off,” according to a July 26 incident report.

After the 70-year-old moved on to a line with free samples of cheeseburgers, police said the man saw the 72-year-old approaching.

The 70-year-old was still upset about being cut in front of, and according to the incident report, he told the other man that “he could get in front of him because he knew he would just cut the line anyway.”

The 72-year-old man responded by saying “I will do it again!” — then saying to the 70-year-old man, “You’re a jerk,” police reported.

The 72-year-old then hit the 70-year-old in the right side of his head and caused his hat and glasses to get knocked off, according to the incident report.

The woman who was working at the cheeseburger sample stand said “she saw two men argue in front of her station,” and she confirmed the 70-year-old’s account when she told police that a “man in a Hawaiian shirt hit the other man in the head and it sounded very loud, and that the man’s hat flew off his head.”

Though the 72-year-old had left the Costco by the time police officers arrived, they tracked him down. When an officer reached him on the phone, the 72-year-old admitted he was involved in an altercation at Costco, according to the incident report.

Police reported that the 72-year-old said he “hit the man’s hat off his head after the man got in his face and he felt that the man was going to hit him because the man was balling his fist.”

Greenville Police Department Public Affairs Manager Donald Porter told The State that no arrests have been made in the incident.

Police are attempting to get surveillance footage from Costco to help in the investigation, and the responding officer said further investigation was needed because the men’s stories are inconsistent and “the witness did not have much to say,” per the incident report.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article215857825.html

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I went through self checkout for the first time. It worked fine, should be a good option for small orders in the future.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

Aren’t they all warehouses?

They’re building a huge distribution depot in West Sydney, which will probably provide Ecommerce coverage.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Kirkland Costco food court is remodeling so the only item they have is the $1.50 dog and soda. Back to basics.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they have too few locations cuz they didn't join in the orgy of leveraging every other brick and mortar store did in the early 2000's to expand harder (or they didn't join in as much, rather)

which is why their financial position is strong af and most of those brick and mortar stores are wasting away from debt service

Yeah, during the 2008 recession they only closed two stores, odd “Costco Home” locations that only sold furniture. Those employees were transferred to other stores if they wanted so minimal job loss.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Juts booked a 9 day European vacation through Costco. It costs more than a similar trip I was looking at through Groupons but Costco is only giving you 4 and 5 star hotels in city centers within walking distance to all your destinations. The ones on Groupon were all tiny 2-3 star hotels 30min out of town. The Costco deal even includes private pickup from the airport with one of those little dudes holding the sign with your name on it.

PBUC

Nice! Take your Costco Citi card for no foreign exchange rate fees.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Donkeys are not recognized as service animals by law. Miniature horses on the other hand...

https://mobile.twitter.com/shardle1/status/954837040998174720

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

With the 110°F+ heat indexes in South Texas lately these have been life savers for my sales team (car dealer)

PBUC

Those look really good, we got a big box of the Outshine bars. They’re fine.

Does Costco still sell the half pieces of frozen fruit full of sherbet? The coconut ones were great.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sittin in the costco parking lot rn, dippin sourdough into the kirkland pesto jar

This guy gets it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Even the $20/hr is barely scraping by depending upon where you live.

I assume new hires in Manhattan or San Francisco have long commutes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I have a 2013 Honda Fit. I love it.

Fellow 2013 Honda Fit owner checking in, it’s been a great car with 92k miles and zero major issues.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Renegret posted:

I cooked dinner for 4 people on a diet last night so I steamed half a bag of Normandy blend and mixed in some sauteed mushrooms as a side.

Every single bite was gone.

Dang that sounds delicious. Steamed veggies are surprisingly excellent

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

They have a Mortal Kombat arcade machine for sale in Issaquah with a playable unit on the floor. I beat up Liu Kang with Scorpion but just uppercutted him for the finale as I didn’t remember the toasty move.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Minto Took posted:

It should be easy, but with the way my bathroom is laid out, I couldn’t promise to my wife that it’d be pretty.

You have the coolest profile pic I’ve seen, dang that was a fun game

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Highlights from Issaquah, WA warehouse:
-line around side of building before opening
-huge line for toilet paper but they appeared to have a lot. Limited to 2 a member
-I made a beeline for pharmacy and snagged two bottles of hand sanitizer, they were totally out by 9:50am

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Meydey posted:

9:55 Sanitizer gone. 136 bottles gone before official opening

Oh yeah if I hadn’t gone there first they would have all been gone. Glad to see they were limiting stuff like that and TP to two per customer.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I went last Friday and nearly everyone was already wearing a mask anyway.

Also got a container of smoked sockeye salmon spread and some baguettes, that is ridiculously delicious.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Visited today and got a bag of yeast, which other grocery stores have been out of for weeks. Also got a case of vitarain water and a box of popsicles.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

tbh i dont know if they are really doing senior hours anymore, and by they I mean anyone. It's kinda, if youre a senior you dont have to wait but we'll let others in too

They’re still doing them in the morning but if a senior comes later in the day I don’t think there is special treatment.

From their site: “Special Operating Hours for Members Ages 60 or Older

Effective Monday, May 4, Costco warehouses will open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday for members ages 60 and older, and people with disabilities. Only members who meet this criteria will be able to shop during these hours. Guests will not be admitted. The pharmacy will be open, but the Costco Food Court will be closed during these hours.”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

TraderStav posted:

I just realized that the cashier charged me for three ceiling lights when I bought two. What kind of issue should I expect to encounter when I go to the counter since I have no proof that I didn't buy three?

I'm a fantastic customer in terms of sales if that's helps.

Yeah just go to the return counter and explain what happened and they'll refund your money. They can look at your return history and see that you aren't trying to do this all the time, and this sort of error happens a lot.

If you were buying and returning TVs every month they might refund your membership and ask you not to come back, but you reallllly gotta be pushing it for that to happen.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Someone rammed through the front door of Costco in Issaquah at 6:30am to rob the jewelry cases by shooting them open. They threatened an employee with a gun but no one was hurt.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-investigate-early-morning-shooting-at-issaquah-costco/

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Forgot to mention that I turned my dad on to Bitchin' Sauce. Another convert.

I picked up a jar over the weekend, what are the top recommends to try with the sauce?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Chinatown posted:

I usually snack with baby carrots and celery.

Also, use it in place of mayo on sandwiches/burgs. :yum:

Thanks! Will try the carrot combo with lunch

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Costco in Spain has armed guards at the registers and at the jewelry display. It's weird

I think some of the Costcos in Puerto Rico have guard towers in the parking lot.

priznat posted:

The Costco near my work had a violent smash and grab of the jewelry display not too long ago. I don't think firearms were involved but as far as I could see there wasn't any obvious changes after the fact, perhaps they don't put the good stuff in the cabinet now I don't know.

At a certain point it becomes an employee safety issue. Part of the reason they don't take cash at the gas station is so there aren't thousands of dollars piling up away from the main building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It was years ago, around 2008 or something. Before the whole, "HIGH FRUCTOSE IS BAD! But these Mexicans sodas still use cane sugar!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat" hype train. Any soda made outside the U.S is 10 times better than anything we manage to produce...even if theyre the same soda ( i.e coke )

Topo Chico is prob the best carbonated water also, especially for makin Italian cream sodas :discourse:

I know people who stock up on vanilla from Mexico for the same reasons, insisting it is the real stuff compared to what you buy in the US. Maybe they're right I dunno.