Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fordham posted:

My ears are defective and earbuds do not stay in them. I've tried at least 10 different kinds and shapes with the little silicone size adjusters. I've given up on them.

Same. I have to have ones that at least have the ear hooks. Sometimes the little "finger" sticking out to catch the hollow at the top of the ear works, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Went in for a few things, emerged 3 hours later and $261 lighter. Actually under $200, since I cashed in my rewards certificate of $64.05.

A few highlights:
A fricking take and bake shepherds pie that’s like 14” in diameter. They also have Apple pies of the same size (we didn’t get the apple pie). I like the shepherd pie. It’s pretty savory. Needs salt, but I like spicy, and British stuff is notoriously plain. Really, it’s fine as is.
Filled up the freezer with meat and such. I got a couple variations of Ramen, for example.
Also, gently caress y’all for pointing out that damned cinnamon sugar butter bread. Holy gently caress is that stuff good and addicting.
I’ve got mild diabetes already. I really didn’t need this, but MAN it’s good.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BadSamaritan posted:

I’m keeping an eye out for the dumbbell set they sell sometimes. It looks like a pretty dang good deal, but I have no idea how I would get the box onto a cart and into my car…

Huh. It *is* sort of a chicken and egg problem, isn't it? Buy weights to get swole, but you ain't swole yet, so how do you get them in the car/house?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Dinosaurs aren't mythical.

Have you ever seen one?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I was looking for the Limoncello almonds today and it looks like I missed out. I didn't buy them last time because they looked so good, and they had samples that confirmed my suspicion. Today I felt like I earned a treat and they were nowhere to be seen.

Also it seems like we are back to entire families going together and and it's clear that society is back to its baseline shittiness. Kids should be able to be involved in the shopping trip to learn the ways of the world, they don't have to be there every time. Certainly the whole famdamily doesn't have to go! Or whatever I got through it, and I went for pleasure not necessity.

There are certain aspects of living in a pandemic that I enjoyed. Not having to elbow idiots out of the way is one of the few, particularly for me as someone who has mild social anxiety (such a polite way to say "I don't like people"!)

edit: They were out of the cinnamon butter loaf last time I went. Both sad and relieved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I can't even be mad since you're a self proclaimed snob.

I'm a fan of gas station coffee.

I'm a fan of coffee with a shitload of sweetener and creamer, so, basically, not a fan of coffee per se.

edit: I'm saying: don't waste the good stuff on me.