Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Have you guys tried the chicken street taco kit that seems to be available in some places? Going to Costco tomorrow and think I might pick some up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

"SIR WHY ARE YOU URINATING ON THE COUNTER??"

"I'm returning the Orange Juice. Not enough pulp."

That's odd, they're never polite enough to ask why when I do that

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Sorry I was mistaken, it was Sam's Club both times and they just took it as a matter of course. A little concerned would have been appreciated though.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Kind of weird that the noodles look nothing like the ones in the dishes they put on the packaging.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Maybe they preload it with a dog & drink?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

About to go 'co. Might try out the newly installed self checkout. Definitely not waiting in a 15min+ line for gas, that's just dumb.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

SA Forums Poster posted:

Costco let me down. I buy my fully loaded cart of stuff. Wait as the door person checks my receipt and my stuff. She informs me that I bought two of an item but the cashier only charged me for one.

She looks at me like I'm trying to steal. I reply "ok, what do I do now?" I have to drive my cart all the way back, and they ring me up at an un-used register, while everyone is staring at me.

Look at this guy trying to steal from Costco!!!

Then I get to wait in line again for the receipt person to check my poo poo.

Costco, you've let me down.

Should have just chucked the un-paid-for item at the receipt monkey and high tailed it out if there.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

That map could very easily be my local Costco. The one I go to is laid out almost exactly like that at check out right down to the location of the onions and tire center.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Maybe something to do with the great depression & dustbowl era would be my guess.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Pretty telling that Costco was the one thing that didn't get worse in Idiocracy. Can't even imagine what would have been going on at Sam's Club in that future.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Enos Cabell posted:

Stopped by church today to grab some cat food to try out. Our dog loves their dog food, so hopefully this goes well.

Last time we used Costco dog food our puppy ended up making GBS threads blood. Turns out he's got some serious digestive issues, the food was not at fault

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

When I was pretty young my aunt made a key lime cheese cake and called it key lime pie. Actual key lime pie was forever ruined for me that day.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Ugh, now just gotta wait for someone I know to die so I can comfort the grieving family

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Point is Costco is gonna stock some good beer along side the 100pks of Coors and that 1 pallet of Mad Dog 20/20. :colbert:

I am excited. IPAs are gross. Hot dogs are good.

PBUC

Holy poo poo, I can get a pallet of md20/20? I need to go to church more often

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

But, my church doesn't carry black raspberry (didn't even know this was a thing that exists) sparkling water... we just have this amazing 30 pack of lemon, lime, grapefruit for like 8 bucks.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It was a weird random joke that didn't make any sense. :ssh:

Well to be fair, you can steam just about anything. Results will vary.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Laterite posted:

Cougar Gold, binches

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

FCKGW posted:

My Costco only seems to carry my brand of cat litter half the time I go. The Kirkland brand is there every time, but the other brand is there one week, gone the next, then returns a week or two later.

Very frustrating!

Have you tried only going on the weeks it's in stock?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

The San Pellegrino I got at Costco wasn't bubbly at all. Do they make non-sparkling water or did I get a hosed up batch? It still tasted fine and 4 months later I haven't died (as far as I know) so I'm not too salty about it I guess.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Do they include free refills?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Oh poo poo, Costco carries semantics now? I bet the Kirkland brand is the same factory as the name brand semantics for a way better price too!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Enos Cabell posted:

I kinda hope it never shows up at mine, because there is no way it lives up to the goon hype.

Also, apparently I'm a Costco regular now. Last two times I've gone the card checker has waved me past without checking my card because they recognized me.

Do they actually really check people's cards where you're at? Every Costco I've ever been to people just hold their cards in view while they walk in.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

I have an executive membership for work and use the Costco CC for most work related things, but that account is also linked to my personal Costco CC so I get my personal cashback in February and also my executive cashback check thingy when the renewal hits in October. I have no idea why they let us have multiple credit cards linked to the same Costco membership, but it's awesome.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

I love self checkout at my costco. Nobody else ever uses it so I can just get in there, let them ring in my larger items, toss my smaller poo poo on the poo poo shelf, check out and go. It's awesome and way better than waiting for 10min for a normal checker.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Pick posted:

To help contextualize a bit, I live about three minutes away from one, so that part is not very difficult.

Also I am a very frustrated customer, in that even if I go to buy something and it turns out the price has since increased, I'll just turn around and leave. Also if the line is too long, I'll go put my stuff back and leave.

Ftfy. Why do you think they give a poo poo if you turn around and leave and/or restock items for them?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

.Z. posted:

Portland Costco at opening time on Sunday (not my photo):

Fuuuuuuuuck that looks like my church. I've got this rewards voucher I need to cash in but haven't wanted to deal with that kind of mayhem. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I can sneak in for my cash and a dog and get out without too much hassle.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

I went to Costco yesterday to get some jumbo/large roll TP and paper towels for my business and even those were completely sold out. Was kind of frustrating but I waited in line anyway in order to cash in my rewards certificate finally.

My wife went to Winco around 8am this morning and they were pretty much cleaned out of most staples. We supplement our dog's meals with canned green beans and those were completely gone, so I'm going to try elsewhere this afternoon. She said that some other customer mentioned they wished they had gotten there earlier and an employee told them it had been insanely busy literally all night long.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Pretty empty at my normal Costco so that was nice. Was hoping to get some of the large roll paper towels for out dispensers at work but out of the 3 varieties of dispenser towels they carry they were only sold out of the one I use. So that sucked. Got some Kirkland sparkling water and a book of stamps though so I guess it was a successful trip.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Alan Smithee posted:

Go before closing

Well duh, they don't let people in after closing

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Tigard, Or church status: zero chicken

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Had to go to church last weekend to scope out the chicken situation. There was some. It's roughly 2x more expensive than usual in the regular non-frozen section. Used to be 6 packs per unit for roughly $20, now it's 3 packs for a little under $20.

In happier news it turns out my stco has Bitchin Sauce. Got the chipotle kind and it's pretty drat good! Had been looking for something for my trisquits since I'm getting a little burnt out on eating them with baby bell snack gouda and this stuff will do nicely.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I want costco to have my baby

Immaculate Costception

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I want costco to have my baby

+ free refills?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Got some Bitchin sauce (available in at least 2 Portland area Costcos now!) but the product wouldn't scan, so they sent a runner to get info from the shelf it was on, that didn't work either, so they called in a manager to look it up in a separate computer adjacent to the food court. I was the rear end in a top hat holding up the line today. Felt kinda bad for the super old asian lady behind me who looked to be struggling a bit, but I got my Bitchin Sauce. Also a big rear end box of Trisquits to deliver the Bitchin sauce to my face.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

shadow puppet of a posted:

Enough of this hearsay! Mods please make Uncle Lizard buy his friend an account so we can deal directly with the source of these nylon gear pro dough accusations.

Anti Dough crew checking in

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Cornish Hens are great in our air fryer. But honestly my favorite use is just chucking a bunch of veggies, shrimp, and seasoning for a faux cajun bowl. It's fast, easy, and clean up is simpler than trying to open palm slam some shrimp and corn into a toaster oven.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

But is it better enough to cost twice as much?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Are memberships shareable overseas? I'd be happy to offer the available spots in my Executive Membership provided you are from a respected family (landed gentry only pls).

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

What happens if they revoke your membership but you have a Costco Visa attached to it? Obviously you wouldn't be able to shop at Costco anymore but does that mean you're no longer eligible for the credit card either and it cancels immediately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Harsh but fair