Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
As someone who does all of his grocery shopping at Whole Foods like a proper smug millenial, lmbo @ buying your food at a warehouse. *snacks on artisnal cheez-it type snacks and la croix*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

We at Whole Foods will continue to look smugly at the Costco masses, but re: shoplifting, our annual sales losses due to shoplifting were around a half million dollars. We have several armed security guards on call in the building, at least 2-3 undercover guards walking through the store all day long (they actually carry baskets with food to blend in and have kevlar lined backpacks) and there's a room in the back of the store where they take shoplifters to be held until the cops arrive. Several times I've seen people being lead out in handcuffs. I didn't realize how seriously retail stores took shoplifting until I started seeing how they operate from the inside.

After reading all the Costco hot dog talk, I picked up stuff to make my own dogs last week. Brioche buns, organic grass fed uncured dogs, house-made relish, and organic stone ground mustard - about $30 for 8 dogs, but it was good. :smugdog:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Burn every Whole Foods to the ground. PBUC

But then where will hip college students buy their vegan asparagus water and soy pizza? Nowhere.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Hot sale at the 'Co:

A4 Wagyu Center Cut New York Strip Steaks, 12 oz, 4-count, $399.99 after $100 instant savings. Only $133.33 per pound!

That's pretty decent for Wagyu, though it's not A5. My favorite steakhouse does 12oz strips for $130 so getting one fresh for DIY would be a good deal. Assuming the quality is good, being a non-Costco person who hasn't tested it...

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

What do you do with them after you wipe your rear end with them?

If you say flush them you are seriously incorrect.

Flush them

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

My Whole Foods salad yesterday ended up being $16. I made the fool's mistake of loading up with fruit. Still, compared to the bulk-bin discount stuff at Costco it was amazing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow, I thought there were more Whole Foods than that.

Over 500 stores, they're just concentrated. We have four just in Austin and a fifth coming.

For pc parts, I plug poo poo into pcpartspicker and let it send me wherever.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

My whole foods has started carrying bitchin sauce so I bought a tub after reading you all go nuts over it. I wasn't really impressed. Less flavor than hummus and a little harder to spread. I only tried the original flavor, though.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Fallom posted:

soft close toilet seats

These are great. You can just give the seat and lid a good push and they gently close. No more getting yelled at for accidentally "slamming" the seat.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

For IaaS and PasS, shouldn't these be inverted? PaaS would be like the Seinfeld 'make your own pizza' restaurant where they provide everything from the oven to the ingredients and you just build and bake yourself? IaaS would be like you rented an airbnb and picked up pizza supplies at the store.

E: Papa Murphy's was fun as a kid but as an adult you realize local place > everything. I think PM is also hitting up the food stamp market too. All the locations near me are in poor parts of town.

E2: Stores just can't handle pizza. I don't know why. I eat at Whole Foods every day and even then I still avoid the pizza - it just sucks.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 13, 2019

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

I saw someone dipping their sacramental dog into a jar of hot peppers they'd bought. It was revelatory.

Were the peppers chopped up in some way or were they dipping their dog into brine?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I heard Aatrek was a beer expert but his experience is definitely less than 15 years.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Taima posted:

Champagne is up there with "premium" vodka for dumb poo poo people buy who want to act like they have money.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about champagne, you little prole? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at le cordon Bleu, and I've been involved in numerous award winning champagne production lines, and I have over 300 confirmed top marks from le cirq le bon. I am trained in over 5,000 types of distilling and I'm the top somollier in the entire French armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another American. I will wipe your taste buds the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across French Canada and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your experience to wipe your miserable posts off the face of this dead gay forum, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You loving scrub bartender at a college dive bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The first episode of Rick and Morty season 4 features a Kirkland Meeseeks box.

In the show's universe, a Meseeks is basically a genie that comes from a box. It looks like this:

In this episode, Rick's Meeseeks boxes are stolen, and he says "all that's left is these (beep) Kirklands Meeseeks boxes!

He summons a Meeseeks and it's a smoking teenager who says "what do you want" in a "I don't give a gently caress" bored tone.