Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Going to Costco for me is a sure fire way to enrich my wardraobe with a new pair of sweatpants, and 200 dollars worth of vitamins.

Also if they have Tres Leches cake, buy it. Even though the fuckers had it at 12 dollars and now it's 16 or something crazy, its not actually that crazy, only crazy good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Tim Whatley posted:

I have a Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club all in my town and have been a BJ's man more or less my whole life. Is Costco wildly different? BJ's doesn't do gasoline, that's for sure. Buddy from same town moved to South Carolina and now all he talks about is Costco so I'm curious.

Costco is god tier. BJs is .... okay I guess? barring there's no Costco around, but the quality of products (in-house stuff especially) is not even a comparison.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

"Here's a cup of salad!" -Asians

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

So I go today to get some kirkland tuna and a tres leches cake for my brothers girlfriend's birthday.

This costco is on Davie and Univesity in Davie Florida, it's Sunday and it's busy as poo poo!

I pay and go to leave and what do I see? A line of 50+ people waiting to leave the store. Now granted, I am diametrically opposed to any sort of receipt checking nonsense of basic principle, like my father before me and his father before him. But I put up with it at Costco because it's part of the membership agreement and Costco is aces in my book. I'll show them my receipt on my way out the door like everyone else and be on my way. What I won't do is be held hostage for 10 minutes once I conducted my business somewhere. I got what I wanted, paid my money, our business has concluded at that point, I'm out bitches.

So we go to leave and the one lady they had handling this mess cops an attitude and says "get back in line", I just laughed it off and said she could check my receipt if you want but I'm leaving, so then she says "never come back here again, go to customer service so they can revoke your membership" I just laughed and left.

Other than that great day at Costco! Hope I can go back sometime!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Not waiting in line to leave, i'm not a prisoner!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Moridin920 posted:

you shouldn't have gotten the membership in the first place then if you don't want to follow the membership agreement

I do, they can check my receipt......as I walk past them on my way out the door.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

^^^^ Liquor too!

Don't forget the 4 pounds of Jelly Bellys for 14 bucks (less if its on sale in the add)

Then one time they had giant loving bags of Hi-CHew for like 8 bucks or something, so much value it blew my mind.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Went a little light on the onions there frances? Puny arms only managed one turn of the crank?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Stagg Chili is an always get for me.
The regular size Kirkland hot dogs to take with me and not spoil the special event if eating the big dog at the big house.
Sardines and tuna are must gets as well.
The whatever fruit is in season and asparagus and brussels sprouts if they look good.
Then I either get boneless chicken thigh or breasts. Maybe some corvina because 10.99/lb for corvina is a killer loving deal. And maybe some pork country ribs. Then I'll get a tres leches cake which rules and have reliable Intel from a bona fide Latino is actually one of the best tres leches you can find around.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Don't forget those super nice 19.99 costco work slacks, nice spring loaded fastener on the front of the pants so I can be oblivious to the inches I'm gaining shoving 1.50 hot dogs down my gullet.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Kirkland dried blueberries and cherries are both 100% choice pickup. Also the chocolate covered almonds are great, but not for my waistline.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Kirkland Wipes Cant Melt Baby Asses.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Are you in the Detroit/Dearborn area, by any chance? I've never seen halal meats at any Florida Costcos.

Half of Florida still believes poo poo like this http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was there when it opened, pretty sure I had the first quarter pound doggie of the day! You can see that Lennox hvac fucker already cat calling people. Does every Costco have them?

We have a guy that tries to sell AC units. He always says "Do you own a home?" to which I reply, "Your generation made sure mine would never be able to afford one lol" gently caress boomers.

I can afford 1.50 dogs and ice cold beverage all day though. Costco is the steward of my generation.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

I heard it goes back to some kind of laws about speakeasies and prohibition. Like there can't be any alcohol consumption clubs or some such nonsense.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 3, 2017

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

From a while ago but thanks to whoever dropped the sauerkraut tip a while back, you are a good person.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Rutibex posted:

funeral parlors work like movie theaters, no outside coffins. you think these guys are idiots?

hosed up if true

Meant ot post these a while ago but never gotr around to it. Two more hot items that can only be found at your local Costco.

'Medicina con tortuga'

DONT BUY THESE YOU'LL EAT THEM ALL AND BE A FAT loving gently caress!

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 20, 2017

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

/edit please delete

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 20, 2017

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Do it seems that Costco will detain and call the cops on anyone who doesn't show receipt at the exit. Don't ask how I know.
If a retail employee ever put their hands on me unprovoked I would.....

FCKGW posted:

All the Costcos by me have the food court outside with seating. Indoors looks so weird to me.
The cost/benefit analysis of a 1.50 dog and drink+refill changes dramatically if it's 110 degrees outside. Plus it attracts vagabonds and the like.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

CharlesM posted:

Does Costco sell a hand truck / dolly that has 4 wheels? I remember the other day when I was there that there was a hand truck but I didn't look at it carefully, and I need one now -- specifically one of the kinds that both goes upright and lies flat.

Sorry, it's kind of a long drive for me.

Leaves:wind::products:costco

1.50 dog and drink+refill = xfactor impervious to all cosmic economic laws

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

The North Tower posted:

Eating a dog after picking up some salmon burgers. A perfect Sunday.

Those things are loving great. When I first starter going to Costco they were like 10 bucks . Now they're 15 dollars plus 😣

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The Internet loves to scream about how retail slaves can't even TOUCH you, yet that's not true at all and the 'stco manager I spoke to told me they've had to hold people for police to arrive a few times now.

If you are actually breaking the law they can detain you. If you aren't breaking the law and they detain you it's they that are breaking the law.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

DustyNuts posted:

Going to Costco today. We're on a health kick, any suggestions for non-poo poo food to bring back? I'm grabbing a bag of normandy mix and stir fry veg mix. It's gonna be hard to not get a dog though.

Vitamins, fish oil and medicines. Whatever fruit you think you can finish/freeze. Same for fresh vegetables. Kirkland greek yogurt is a good deal too, the plain tubs or the single cups with fruit.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Hello valuetown.

100 bucks at costco max per trip. Gas and 1.50 dog and drink plus refill excluded from total of course.

RocktheCaulk posted:

You're missing Ketchup
Needs ketchup

You're gross dude, stop.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 11, 2017

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

curufinor posted:

Still a little bit more expensive than at the actual Asian food mart, it seems to me?

Produce is extremely expensive in comparison to Asian markets, very competitive to, say, Safeway

Compare the quality of produce at Costco and the quality at the Asian store friend! Savings!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Amazon isn't buying Whole Foods to run Whole Foods, they're buying Whole Foods to take over the grocery business.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

KakerMix posted:

Remember when Amazon tried to take over the cell phone market? They really blazed a trail there :v:

Remember when Amazon tried to take over book stores? Toy stores? Etc...

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

What the gently caress is happening to this thread? Mayonnaise.....cream cheese..... You guys are strung out on Kirkland signature dogs.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

This was posted 4 hours ago. RIP limpy wimpy

The most honorable death.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Where are you guys finding Sherpas in different sizes? All I see here at Davie Costco is 60x70

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

FYI on service animals. Emotional support animals do not count as service animals. They are not protected under ADA like trained service animals. And service animal or not no animal is to be inside a shopping cart or anywhere else that changes the nature of the thing. I.E. a shopping cart is a place for storing food, adding a dog inside of it changes it into "a basket which probably has listeria microbes from the ground\dogs mouth that eats\licks poo poo on the ground".

The two questions is correct and I had one guy answer that the service the dog is trained to make him happy. (Not a protected service animal) I only told him to take the dog out of the cart, not to gtfo like I should have, and then he started asking me what he was supposed to do because he didn't bring a leash. I just shrugged and said this is your plan bud, you figure it out.

That's my service dog info, hope it enriches your lives.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I've only worn exofficio for like a decade and I've only had to throw away 2 pairs. They last for loving ever

The only negative thing I'll say about the boxer-briefs is they make it really really hard to scratch the grundle and joint of the inner thigh/balls. The material is so nice it resists my own scratching.

The sport briefs are primo heaven, athough not available in church :(

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

I've been a Yan Can Cook fanatic since I was 6 years old, my mom loves telling that story but more importantly it gives me street cred when I say this is like a prophet returning to the glorious kingdom..

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Boba Ice Cream bars are like crack cocaine, never seen them before, wish I bought more than 2, doubt they'll be more when I go back.... but seriously holy poo poo they're good.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, I need a dang office chair. Which of Costco's offerings do you recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL4...e-garden&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Rep...8&ts_id=1069154

https://www.amazon.com/Aloudy-Ergon...31657997&sr=8-5

Under $200, goon recommended value for your goon rear end.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

I think the greatest loss of the entire pandemic has been Kirkland Dress Pants. Those things were an amazing value and I fear the supply chain has been severed permanently....

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

One thing I notice though, is that if Costco is selling it than its probably the top 1-2 bang for your buck item in it's class according to their own and independent people.

When I was in the market for a washer/dryer I looked there and they were all the right models, but I ended up saving a couple hundred bucks and getting a deal on the year old best in class dryer at a local Brandsmart.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Enos Cabell posted:

Limit 2, so I got the biggest ones since I wanted to fill my smoker and freezer. Still an amazing deal :cool:

Absolutely wonderful!

I recently made chef Johns versions with a 5 spice and it was amazing! Highly suggested anyone try it out even if you're not a huge fan of that particular cut normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dv98FYcF6A

Came out really good, I'm wondering how yours would turn out filleted in half and cross scored like that! Way higher seasoning to lean pork ratio

Also noted recently went to Canada from the US and Costco was basically my life support, new wool socks, gloves, jacket, gifts for the fam, wasn't nearly as stocked as the Davie or North Miami Costcos I usually go to, but I know those two are monsters in sales so I'm not sure if Canada is a 2nd world country IRL or what. No flap meat, but eye round roasts for loving daaays, salmon is like 29 CAN coinos or whatever, shits weird.

But got my covid test to hop a jet out of that place after seeing some amazing snow and seeing their aquarium and giant radio tower/resturaunt, so Costco saves the day once gain!

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 8, 2021

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

maniacripper posted:

Absolutely wonderful!

I recently made chef Johns versions with a 5 spice and it was amazing! Highly suggested anyone try it out even if you're not a huge fan of that particular cut normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dv98FYcF6A

Came out really good, I'm wondering how yours would turn out filleted in half and cross scored like that! Way higher seasoning to lean pork ratio

Also noted recently went to Canada from the US and Costco was basically my life support, new wool socks, gloves, jacket, gifts for the fam, wasn't nearly as stocked as the Davie or North Miami Costcos I usually go to, but I know those two are monsters in sales so Im not sure if Canada is a 2nd world country IRL or what. No flap meat, but eye round roasts for loving daaays, salmon is like 29 CAN coinos or whatever, shits weird.

But got my covid test to hop a jet out of that place after seeing some amazing snow and seeing their aquarium and giant radio tower/resturaunt, so Costco saves the day once gain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

At any other place than Costco the cynic in me would be saying 13,000 in Stock is cheap advertising, both for the stock and for the brand. But since it's Costco and they chose to go into the beef hot dog game because someone tried to gently caress with a good thing and their CEO starts talking to investors like misbehaving dogs when the talk about his 15$ fold-up desk in his office or cutting benefits for employees I just nod my head and spend my money. gently caress.