Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It is weird some of the stuff they have for samples. Like one time I saw cups of olive oil. Do you just drink it like a shot? I was in a hurry so did not investigate.

The ones with the entire infrastructure to bake/toast/grill/whatever are the top tier pro employees and there is usually a bit of a crowd around those sample stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Costco should just fit the fronts of carts with cowcatcher type fixtures to plow through the sample crowds with ease beep beep

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bummey posted:

or they could, like, have smaller carts.

Sacrilege!!

I can barely fit all my plastic packs of croissants in the existing ones as is!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I don’t know why but costco shoppers are definitely the most infuriating. Doesn’t matter which location I go to there is people just stopping or crashing into my cart or blocking the entire aisle by parking the cart sideways (why?!?)

It’s wonderful in that hour before closing though because you get the serious no nonsense folks. Weekends are the worst, of course.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Stupid liquor laws in Canada I wish they could sell booze in costcos here. The Kirkland 24 packs are so great, local microbrew variety packs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

Costco sells booze in Alberta.

The liquor store part has it's own separate entrance/is it's own little room on the side of the building, and it doesn't require a membership card.

The one good thing about Alberta :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Taima posted:

3% on travel and eating out is the X factor though, I mean obviously that's still an insane total but if he's putting hella business travel and expensed meals on the card it seems at least kind of reasonable.

You would be amazed how fast expensed meals adds up if you're paying for a group. We go out pretty often on an expensed tab and the dude who usually throws down the corporate card has a ludicrous number of loyalty points at the places we go.

You pay one way or another though, especially if you have to expense everything using Concur with a really picky approvals team.. I'm always real glad when someone more senior than me grabs the bill for expensing :effort:

Taima posted:

The kirkland "microbrew" packs are ok but several years behind what contemporary breweries are doing these days.

I mean even calling it microbrew or craft brew is some 2014 poo poo.

Yeah the ones I've had aren't godawful quintuple IPAs or whatever the gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Give me brown ales and porters any day :colbert:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Does anyone make hoodies with the “sherpa” fleece in the arms? The ones I got from Eddie Bauer are also fleece-less in the arms. They’re still drat cosy though. Also come in tall which costco sizes never do at least not here :sigh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ohh I was thinking zippered hoodies not the slanket type thing :haw: that looks awesome tho.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pack that pizza roll with onions OP

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blistex posted:

Went nearly 10 years without a Costco membership, and my wife convinced me that we needed one for baby supplies, etc.

Went to Costco last weekend and can confirm that it's still easily the worst shopping experience outside of coming into contact with human feces in a Walmart change room or a terrorist attack at a Target.

It's not the band I hate, it's their fans

Aka hell is other people

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

One of my fav things about costco is the unpredictable items that show up, it keeps going for a shop a bit exciting.

One of my least fav things is the flip side where things I really like are available for a while then gone forever. Stacy’s Pita chips noooo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

:same: but the mozzarella and kale chicken burgers

That sounds good were they stuffed with mozza and kale and frozen? Sorry to dig up the past trauma of your loss tho.

Another thing I got once was the coke fiesta pack (mexican coke with sprite and orange fanta in glass bottles). I went back and bought 3 more cases because I knew they would be out soon and not restock..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

They were refrigerated so they would cook up really fast in the skillet, but also meant that I couldn't really stock up on them. Not really stuffed, just ground up into them. But they were moderately healthy so it was a nice, quick meal. I used to get the stacy's pita chips and hummus, which were also moderately healthy but pretty impossible to portion control since they were so dang good.

Yeah, I see the Stacy's pita chips at the supermarket but the bag sizes are puny and expensive I never get them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh another one that I haven’t seen in some time was in the costco made food section. It was a Korean Bulgogi Beef pre sauced stuff you take and stir fry and it was god drat excellent. Wish they would bring that back.

The dog poop baggies seem to come and go, inexplicably. Same with the cat litter (which is actually not that great I have decided).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Went to a costco today and it was insanely busy for a Monday afternoon. Didn’t help they only had 4 registers going, though. Poco is the worst.

So many oblivious people blocking aisles, I got to just doing a perfunctory “scuse me” and then bonking into them :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

FCKGW posted:

It's a holiday today.

Oh this is in :canada:, apparently it’s just this crazy on weekdays at that location. Lineup for gas was at least 10 cars deep per lane!

I usually go to a different one that is much less hectic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I ate a massive costco muffin this morning and will not require any additional sustenance for 24 hours.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It annoys me they don't have those Sbasos (?) individual pizzas in supreme anymore, just cheese and pepperoni. I need the specks of green pepper and italian sausage bits!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

I thought this was the Magic: The Gathering thread for a second and this post was extremely funny

~taps card for SUPREME PIZZA, loses turn~

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Haha it was actually Sabatasso’s

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Someone must have heard y'alls pleas: Stacy's Pita chips are back, baby.

:ck5:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

meet girls at the store posted:

At my store they brought back the pita chips... and made space for them by discontinuing the Boudin Bakery sourdough crisps :mad:

I rescued the last four bags of crisps that were haphazardly stacked in the new pita chip display, PBUC

Sourdough crisps?? drat those sound good, never saw them at the costcos here.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love me some good sourdough.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Same, if I have a nice fresh loaf my evening snack of choice is a slice of the sourdough with peanut butter, untoasted. Super good.

But I also like chips/crispy stuff and sourdough crisps sound v interesting.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

If there is a good deal for tires at costco I get another place in town to match them, and it has much, much better service. It’s definitely not costco’s strong suit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hed posted:

Have people done the car batteries at Costco? Do I just take mine home and install it? Will they take back the old one?

Last time I was there a couple dudes were swapping out their battery in the parking stall next to mine :laffo:

Don’t know if costco takes the old ones, possibly but we have a few free drop off locations for old batteries here too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Don’t know if it is a local only item but got a box of the “Made Good” organic granola bars last costco trip and they are a hit with kids and adults alike. Box is almost empty after less than a week!

Thumbs up!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Costco online in Canada has gotten so much better for ship times it seems. Myself and several other people had orders take a month longer than the estimates in the past, but now when it says 4-10 days it is usually more towards the 4 days than 10, which is nice.

So often you don’t even need to brave the sample getting braindead hordes but enjoy the free shipping in a few days, nice!

I just ordered a 55gal water storage for emergency water on Saturday and it got here today! Would have been a pain to fit in the car :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xaris posted:

I've never ordered anything from Costco online :(

I should prolly see if there's anything thats competitive with amazon on it.

There isn’t 100% overlap with what is in store so it can be exciting like a costco trip in that you never know what you might find there.

Also things like itunes/xbox/playstation gift cards often have good discounts and they email you the code right away.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Moey posted:

Just a big blue drum?

Comes with a pump and filter etc too, but mostly just a large drum ya.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

haha thats awesome how much was it?

200CAD, it’s part of the earthquake emergency kit I am putting together:

https://www.costco.ca/In-Case-Of---....100237524.html

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Wow that’s super cool. If I had a house I’d definitely get that.

They have good smaller ones too, and food with long shelf life etc. Prices are better than most places plus free ship (and costco warranty)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone have one of those Cosco hand trucks/dollies and can vouch for how well they work? They're on sale for 80 bucks and it seems like it's pretty nice.

I got one (Harper brand I think?) ages ago and I have an issue with the tires, they are tubeless inflatable and they came loose from the rims and are now perpetually flat. I think I need to replace with solid wheels or something. Anyway if they are the inflatable type that is a major annoyance for me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just pouch a dog and then snack on it at your leisure while waiting for the primo samples.

Also have there ever been a substance discovered that is hotter than the costco chicken strips fresh from the counter? My head almost caught fire once when I bit into one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whoa you guys don’t? This is in (western) Canada, we have a chicken strips and fries combo which is a great deal as they are 5 big strips and a-heap o fries. They come out of the fryer insanely hot though so beware.

For a while we had roast beef sandwiches too but they sucked. Not sure if those are still there, they were the terrible pillar’s brand roast beef (super processed tasting) on a cibatta bun and would languish under heat lamps until someone ordered one. They also tried burgers and they were decent but I guess the trial didn’t continue.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Taima posted:

Hah. When I was in Junior High I had a GIANT crush on this one girl at my school (we live in CA). My parents took me to Hawaii and we were eating in the Hawaii Costco and we not only saw that exact girl in Hawaiian Costco, she was in a bikini and it was basically the best day of my young life. Looking back, that was an insanely weird coincidence.

Anyways that's my Hawaii Costco story. The Lord provides. PBUC.

Jackin it in the tire center

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Costco pizza does a number on my GI system, I’ve learned my lesson :negative:

In store or take and bake, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hypnolobster posted:

Judging by foodcourtchat, Canadian Costco sounds like the promised land.

Has anyone mentioned poutine yet? Because that’s in Canadian costcos too. It’s pretty drat good and normally I’m not a poutine fan.