Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Phylodox posted:

I’m actually not a fan of Costco’s poutines. They use the crispy fries. For a real poutine you need those real patates frites, like the kind you get from a guy named Serge in a stained wife beater with a chronic smoker’s cough, selling them out of an old bus on the side of a highway.

I normally don’t like the poutine with those fries but the costco poutine with the crispy fries is extremely my jam. Soooo much cheese curds too, I love it.

drat I gotta go have some this week now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Put the dog in the cup, or fill the cup with relish. The world is yours

Fill cup with mustard, dip dog in cup. LIFE HACK

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I don’t know if they do it in korea now but last time I got a dog they asked if I want onions or sauerkraut and handed me a small cup of onions.

Putting that poo poo on lockdown!

Also it may be haram to discuss other companies but the veggie hot dogs they got at ikea are pretty goddamn tasty I discovered. Different food tier from costco dogs but real good with the mustard, pickled cabbage and onion crisps.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Last time I went to Ikea, the hot dog was bullshit. I could microwave one better at home. They were standard grocery store fare prepared badly, and the only condiments they had were ketchup, mustard, sugary relish, and loving mayonnaise.

And all their soft drinks were diet aspartame garbage.

I actually kinda like the lemon fizzy water. And the hotdogs were never good they were just cheap without the shame of having 10 more in the fridge you could never bring yourself to eat. But the veggie dog was legit good, I will definitely just get these instead of the chicken ones when my kids want froyo next time we go to ikea (I hate froyo)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

We got a coupon book from Costco the other day, and my boyfriend seems very interested in the bidet toilet seat they had on the first page.

My mother in law has those or similar on all her toilets and everyone in my family is too scared to use them except for my three year old, who loves it. Unfortunately now it means when at home she needs a full bathtub wash after dropping a deuce, nothing else will do!

Mother in law bought one for us but it was the wrong bowl shape or something and didn’t fit so be aware if your bf takes the plunge! :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gatts posted:

There really needs to be a Costco Bar and Restaurant, preferably a sports bar and strip club. $20 gets you thighs and legs in bulk.

If anyone has been to one of the Don Cherry sports bars in Ontario (do those exist anymore?) that is what I picture a costco bar would be like.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gatts posted:

Hahaha yes. By the way, Google image search Don Cherry. It’s a pro search.

He’s basically Canada’s hockey clown with terrible takes on things both sports and politics related.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just stick your lips right on the fountain drink dispenser and have at `er

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thwomp posted:

Holy poo poo. My Costco today had these Kirkland steak treats.

Like thick jerky (so much so you have to refrigerate it after opening) and oh my god it is amazing.

PBUC

Those rule, I got a pack of korean spiced pork jerky this time to change it up and I hope they are good!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The costco CC in Canada is a Mastercard for some reason and I never use it because their website/app for checking statements is so terrible I hate it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Why not just eat steak constantly for protein?!

STEAK!!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Why not? Faster than cash most of the time, just tap that plastic bitch and get your dawg.

Some debit cards may still have transaction fees

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tap and Apple Pay are so good but then when I buy something over $100 I have to remember my PIN :haw:

Apple pay on the watch is especially good, don’t even need to whip out the phone!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Lol what? Please find me one.

I highly highly doubt this is the case.

Yah lots of accounts in Canada at least have either monthly flat fee and/or minimum account balance with only a few included transactions at the big ripoff banks.

These accounts suck but people do have em :shrug:

Lol one has transaction fees of $1.25 ea after your 12 included https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/bank-accounts/chequing-accounts/everyday-chequing-account/fees-and-details.html

There are a few banks that are much better, especially the “virtual” ones (no physical branches) like Tangerine and Simplii.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Welp that’s loving crazy but drat ...

Guess it’s time to move to bitcoin!

Speaking of that..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-09/software-engineer-loses-life-savings-in-quadriga-imbroglio

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The kirkland frozen stirfry vegetables are pretty drat good, got a bag and am liking them. Not too many water chestnuts to fling into the trash with the rest of the garbage.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

That and some bscb (sous vided individually at home) and a 25# bag of calrose rice and you have rice bowls for as long as you can stand them!

What’s bscb? Not fully up on the lingo..

Simple healthy meals are what I’m all about now with fussy eater kids

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nando’s in Canada is in a weird spot where it isn’t a proper restaurant but it’s not cheap like most fast food either. The chicken is alright but nothing amazing from when I tried it. The peri peri sauce is definitely the best thing about it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xaris posted:

im honestly surprised to see so much Nandos love. I was in NZ for work for 3 months and we tried a Nandos there after hearing people hype it up and I thought it was pretty terrible. It was vaguely a tad pricey, the chicken sucked, and i was super disappointed in the sauces. they mostly just tasted like vinegar+salt + nebulous varying degrees of "heat" without other much nuanced flavors to go with it. and ive had other peri peri seasoning and hot sauces before that were good

maybe it was just that NZ franchise? id have to imagine all their sauces are the same everwhere though...

I've tried two franchises in the Vancouver, BC area and one was good and the other was awful, so they probably do have a lot of variance..

I'm with you though, it's nothing special. It was hyped up pretty good before launch here too. I found it really expensive for what you got both quantity and quality.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Costco's dishwasher tablets are not good, unfortunately. They leave the inside of my dishwasher with a white film. We switched to whatever fancy brand Costco carries, and now that thing is gleaming.

Is the other brand Finish? I get those at Costco and they are great even with my ancient dishwasher.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sounds like he was cursed by zeus or some poo poo

lmao, owns

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried a pack of huggies and hated it because the straps are reversed and it fucks up my muscle memory from changing diapers in the near dark. They may be fine but we’re a pampers family dammit.

Huggies wipes are good tho.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have an old cat that stands in the litterbox and pisses on the floor outside it, I need puppy pads real bad. Gotta pick some up next costco run.

drat cat will probably die the next day leaving me with hundreds of pads.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Diaper genies are terrible and I hate ours but costco has good deals on refills.

gently caress diaper genies tho :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

El Duderino posted:

Mind elaborating on why you hate yours? New dad to a now 2 month old and ours seems to be doing just fine. Guess my only complaint is the loud snap it makes from the spring when I hit the end of the bags and need to install a replacement. My wife got some off-brand refills from Target that we haven't gotten to yet. I also kind of wish the bags could fill up the container more instead of being a long rear end snake.

Boy I just realized how much I freaking love the Marinated Artichoke Hearts and 4-Bean Salad from Costco.. I can't seem to find the bean salad at ANY of the grocery stores I usually frequent. I load up my salads with them and the artichokes a lot lately!

All Hail Costco

edit: fuuuck re-reading this post, laughing at how old af I sound...

I really hate how it will snag on the edges which are very sharp, and how the plastic thing will break easily. Mostly due to user error because my wife is hella lazy and leaves it to me to empty so it can get so over filled something breaks.

But mostly I don’t like it because it ties you into buying the drat refills when it is really only marginally better than a regular garbage pail you empty regularly.

And yet we still use it!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Less blood to cleanup when you sHrEd YoUr KnUCkS AAAAAA

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

The real problem is that I had to throw out an entire batch of freshly shredded mozzarella because I couldn't find the tip of my pinky.

Did you know a doctor can just glue a cut shut if it won't stop bleeding and there's nothing to stitch? Because I didn't.

Yah superglue owns. Now you are a glue cyborg.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whenever my inlaws go to the US for shoppin they bring me back a couple bricks of Tillamook cheese from the costco there which is like manna from heaven.

It has been a while and I am missing it p hard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yah, Canada. Our dairy cartel doesn’t allow importing of cheese. And Tillamook is way better than most of what we get here (most US cheese is terrible though)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsin kindly tells you to gently caress off buddy boy. :colbert:

I said most!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lemon juice and optionally parsley in my hummus too plz

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Taima posted:

I've been saying this for a while but if you do any amount of serious cooking, you should be making your own rotisserie chicken stock every couple of weeks or so. Using your own stock WILL take your cooking to the next level, and it's basically free with how cheap the Costco chickens are.

Do you use a pressure cooker for that? I heard that is the OP way.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Yes and get an instapot. The thing is legit.

I have one of the breville versions and it rules for my stews and soups and whatnot.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I was at costco today and I saw a dude holding a baby with his hand and forearm up against his hip, i'm pretty sure that is not proper baby carrying technique.

Whatever works, man

Just no holding them by their ears.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

How does a dog and a churro sound

Eat the dog bunless and stick the churro in the bun

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I don’t think we get chicken bakes here (:canada:) but we get other stuff as discussed previously.

I would not be opposed to trying one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

So if you drill an end of the chicken bake can you stick a weiner in there?

Hot dog you sickos

#costcohacks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

pnumoman posted:

We have done this multiple times in this thread. I used my local Costco specialty, the Italian sausage. Someone even wrapped a pizza slice around a hotdog stuffed chicken bake.

We are deviants abusing the blessings of the church. Heresy never tasted so greasygood.

Ban this sick filth!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The deep fryers at Canadian costcos do the fries and chicken fingers insanely hot when they come out, god drat.

I went this afternoon with my baby strapped to my chest so I could still pilot the cart, grab samples and toss massive family packs of stewing beef into the cart.

Had a dog and soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

There were these cafe latte covered almonds I tried a sample of today and I rejected the idea of getting a bag because I would eat the whole thing on the way back to the car and poo poo myself to death on the drive home.

It was real good